Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

So many reasons, perhaps one that might come to your mind in the US is we will sell in the very low thousands of units in the US while the "other" games sell in the Millions.

Divide the development budget etc by the sales, not hard a hard equation.

Well, by this logic the game should cost $1000 in South America. :)

I think the logic is skewed for the following reason. The 'die hard' cricket game lovers are going to buy this game regardless of the price. However, the ones on the fence, either because they are not sure about this game in particular, or because they don't know much about cricket in general, are going to be turned off by the higher price, compared to all the other console games. If GTA V is going for $39.99 on Amazon, it is hard sell to buy a cricket game for almost double the price.

Anyway, I'm no business/marketing expert and you guys have probably done different pricing model simulations considering markets, regional sales etc. Hoping it works out for you guys.

Well, by this logic the game should cost $1000 in South America. :)

I think the logic is skewed for the following reason. The 'die hard' cricket game lovers are going to buy this game regardless of the price. However, the ones on the fence, either because they are not sure about this game in particular, or because they don't know much about cricket in general, are going to be turned off by the higher price, compared to all the other console games. If GTA V is going for $39.99 on Amazon, it is hard sell to buy a cricket game for almost double the price.

Anyway, I'm no business/marketing expert and you guys have probably done different pricing model simulations considering markets, regional sales etc. Hoping it works out for you guys.

The argument you make is not a financial one. If DBC14 retailed for $39.99 then it would not be possible to ever make a profit on it, indeed it would be a huge loss, no Cricket game would ever be made for a console.

The argument you make is not a financial one. If DBC14 retailed for $39.99 then it would not be possible to ever make a profit on it, indeed it would be a huge loss, no Cricket game would ever be made for a console.

Understood. Just to clarify, I didn't imply it should be priced for less than the standard $59.99 for new console games. I specified $39.99 just as an example of competition (GTA V is a much older game of course).

However, it seems that one can get it for $60 anyway in the US as per the link by @Ipswich above, so this whole discussion is moot now :)

Last edited:
I think paying $10 more for niche game that only a few thousand Will buy is fair. $10 more isn't major financial impact as you're making it appear.
People who are not interested in cricket won't buy it at all.
Heck, other obscure games like Deer Hunter sell more copies by a factor of at least 50 than this game...

The fact that they even distributed this game here officially is a plus.
(Albeit in a poor way, still)

The game itself is quite good in spurts with some stupid ai logic in places. Overall I'd rate it an 8 out of 10. Definitely very enjoyable and worth the $70.

really I ordered mine from amazon.ca three weeks ago it came 6 days later

Fishpond

Anyone recieved the game who ordered from fishpond here in Toronto ?now when i go to track my ordered it says postal delays. Unsure whats goin on.

I ordered it here in Ottawa from fishpond on April 6 still haven't received it. So I'm on the same boat. I'm sure it will arrive next week. Might have been delayed by Canada Post not working during Easter weekend.

My estimated delivery time from Fishpond in Toronto was April 17th - April 25th; got it on the 22nd.

Did he give a review of the game on the note? :)

Hey Ross, can you please tell me if retail stores in Kualalampur Malaysia selling DBC 14? I am visiting there next week and was thinking of getting it from there since my fishpond order have not reached Toronto yet. Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread