Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellgieff

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not really. If you hit the ball straight down an outfielder's throat, you expect to get out and there shouldn't be any reason to feel ripped off about the dismissal.

Except why am I hitting it in the air? I specifically played with soft hands, so it wouldn't carry.

Oh, wait, you can't actually play with soft hands. You can either defend, or thump it (or thump it in the air). Have you tried using the R2 to push it? You know it doesn't work, right? Or at least I've never been able to hit anything between a full-blooded stroke and a block.

There's also the impossibility of picking the speed in the air (because it's a 2 dimensional representation), coupled with having to make your shot determination early - and not being able to alter that shot once it's made.

In the meat, I can alter my stroke part way through in order to deal with new information. In this game, once you've picked your stroke it's locked in.

Never mind the number of times that the shot picked is not the shot I intended to play - I believe this is because there is no dead spot on the analog stick while batting, and I haven't moved the stick straight.

So, those would all be valid reasons to complain, yeah?

ohyeahtotally

School Cricketer
Except why am I hitting it in the air? I specifically played with soft hands, so it wouldn't carry.

Oh, wait, you can't actually play with soft hands. You can either defend, or thump it (or thump it in the air). Have you tried using the R2 to push it? You know it doesn't work, right? Or at least I've never been able to hit anything between a full-blooded stroke and a block.

There's also the impossibility of picking the speed in the air (because it's a 2 dimensional representation), coupled with having to make your shot determination early - and not being able to alter that shot once it's made.

In the meat, I can alter my stroke part way through in order to deal with new information. In this game, once you've picked your stroke it's locked in.

Never mind the number of times that the shot picked is not the shot I intended to play - I believe this is because there is no dead spot on the analog stick while batting, and I haven't moved the stick straight.

So, those would all be valid reasons to complain, yeah?

To play with soft hands dont push r2 all the way down. Pushing it fully down plays a full defensive shot...not pressing it plays a normal shot. Everything in between is various degress of soft hands/push shots. Its not that hard...i play them all the time.
Same principle applies going arial when using l2.
Just practise and above all else...read the manual properly.

With regard to you not playing your intended shot...trust me its because your timing is off so you're not in control. And it could be coupled with you not playing a particually good shot for the delivery.

Edit: if you replay your shots/dismissals etc, have a look if you're early/late, see where the ball hits on the bat. The most common one i misstime is not picking a slower ball and trying to chip over midwic and i end up going square.

Last edited:

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To play with soft hands dont push r2 all the way down. Pushing it fully down plays a full defensive shot...not pressing it plays a normal shot. Everything in between is various degress of soft hands/push shots. Its not that hard...i play them all the time.

Yeah, perhaps you could read my post properly? I understand the theory and read the manual fully - my experience is that it doesn't matter how far depressed R2 is, I either lace it or block it.

With regard to you not playing your intended shot...trust me its because your timing is off so you're not in control. And it could be coupled with you not playing a particually good shot for the delivery.

So I play a back foot drive out to cover instead of the square cut to point because my timing is off? Similarly with dabs to third man (also known as catching practise for the keeper) instead of hitting it square on the on side?

Edit: if you replay your shots/dismissals etc, have a look if you're early/late, see where the ball hits on the bat. The most common one i misstime is not picking a slower ball and trying to chip over midwic and i end up going square.

It's important to know that the graphical representation _doesn't_ necessarily reflect what's going on under the hood. I'm absolutely certain that I never said "play a stroke, but move the bat out of the way of the ball just as it passes so it hits either your pad or the stumps".

Thanks for trying to help, though.

javs52

School Cricketer
is there a timing indicator option coming in a future patch for the batting?

i would like that as an OPTION

if anyone knows plz let me know

Jadel

Club Captain
is there a timing indicator option coming in a future patch for the batting?

i would like that as an OPTION

if anyone knows plz let me know

I thought there was going to be, but it must have been a suggestion only.

It's a shame because it would be super handy for both play and learn.

javs52

School Cricketer
I thought there was going to be, but it must have been a suggestion only.

It's a shame because it would be super handy for both play and learn.

yes even the ashes game (the one that got turned into ashes) had this in 2009

----------

really ? its possible to press in between...until now i used to fully hold LT or RT(xbox) so what happens if not fully pressed? i need to try that...

----------

also, i want to know if player movement on the crease can be little more fluid, even while the ball has left the bowler hand? once you are in a position you cant really move, what if the ball is way outside off?

right now the player moves slowly on the crease either left or right and leaves not many options for the batsman....

Chief

Panel of Selectors
recall @BigAntStudios saying originally if you edge it you will know, due to vibrations. but @HBK619 saying there is a threshold, and an edge has to be thick to vibrate.

well i have to say i have never had a vibration. i've had plenty of edges from feather to really thick, and never ever vibrated. sometimes i've known from sound, sometimes visually. other times i have had no clue. makes it literally impossible to consider walking (i could have been given not out, think i didn't edge it but did, because i sure as hell have been given out when i was convinced i didn't hit but replay/review showed i did). also makes reviewing a lottery - not a problem in career mode but certainly is in other modes.

i say the original @BigAntStudios idea was the right one - if we edge it, let us know. otherwise the walk feature is pointless and review is compromised.

----------

literally first ball after posting, huge thick edge, obvious visually, no vibration. at the very least check your threshold cuz it's wrong!

Sorry to quote such an old post, but I couldn't find another mention of this where this got answered.

I've had quite a few nicks through to the keeper (including some pretty thick edges) but no vibration. Also I can't find any mention of it in the options menu (there's almost always somewhere you can turn it off?)

Can anyone recall if this has been addressed?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry to quote such an old post, but I couldn't find another mention of this where this got answered.

I've had quite a few nicks through to the keeper (including some pretty thick edges) but no vibration. Also I can't find any mention of it in the options menu (there's almost always somewhere you can turn it off?)

Can anyone recall if this has been addressed?

The vibration for edges wasn't performing as it should, patch#2 should fix it.

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
while batting..in pro mood 2nd batsman played straight shot camera didn't follow the ball.its remain in cress which make me difficult to run or not.is there any way that when batsman played shot (in pro Mood) camera show ball where its moving or going so i can easily take run....

Karachi

Associate Captain
I know I am very late in requesting the following features for the Patch#2, but may be they could be included in the Patch#3?

1. More statistics
i.e. Strike Rates, Economy Rates, Number of 6's & 4' hit by a batsman etc ...

2. Ability to hit 6's with a sweep shot.

3. Field 2 Camera option for Career Mode.

4. Patternless grass/ground.

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
Hi, I looked through the patch #2 notes and I didn't see a slight problem I encountered. While batting in a T20 match, the CPUs fielder knocks back the ball even though he is past the boundary. Is this an actual problem or just a graphics glitch?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is this a bug or graphics problem??

The attached pic is the point where the ball deviates as if its an edge but the bat is no where near the ball but was given out...Even some shots happen so..

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread