MCC XI vs ROW XI

grkrama

National Board President
. Without these guys, it would be a much poorer standard and no where near as close as it has been.

not really if you had taken,ajmal,yuvi finch out, just leqave best there,the match would have been golden:p
I can certainly watch finch for more years to come, not with others, certainly lara looked like suddenly he thought, let me hurry things up, but will remeber that coverdrive for sometime.

I haven't watched Chanderpual bat before he retired but has his batting stance always been that way for his whole career? It is truly fascinating to me.

yes and chanders is not retired:p

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I haven't watched Chanderpual bat before he retired but has his batting stance always been that way for his whole career? It is truly fascinating to me.

He hasn't retired yet. He still plays test cricket for WI. I am pretty sure that has been his stance since I have started watching cricket. However, it looks like that every time I see him he has turned even more sideways.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
not really if you had taken,ajmal,yuvi finch out, just leqave best there,the match would have been golden:p
The quality would have been a lot lower. This is in celebration of the MCC. The most important thing to the MCC is the actual cricket being played. If you just want to see Lara and Tendulkar, then go and book them for an after dinner speech or something. This has been all about an entertaining game of cricket, which Yuvraj, Finch etc have supplied.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
how? Shiv is a very good batsman; Finch is having a great game and you have a few overs left from Murali, plus Tino Best's bowling is always interesting... A big partnership between Lara and Tendulkar would have been nice: but as a game this is getting interesting...

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He hasn't retired yet. He still plays test cricket for WI. I am pretty sure that has been his stance since I have started watching cricket. However, it looks like that every time I see him he has turned even more sideways.
My bad, since he has such an unusual stance and I had never seen it before I thought he must have retired long ago. It seems to work for him anyway.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
it definitely works for him, he is one of the guys who faces the most number of balls before you can take his wicket.Basically he is the wall of westindies.

----------

entertaining game of cricket, which Yuvraj, Finch etc have supplied.
I can get that anywhere anytime, if you think this match wasnt about seeing the legends one more time lol.They have certainly played well, but seriusly iwould take lara' s and Srt classy shots over Finch butchering the ball anyday,even if its not entertaining like you say

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Liked the straight drive of Sachin and the cover drive of Lara,perhaps for the last time.Saw Murali getting a wicket,Sachin bowling and good aggression from Gilly and a Brett Lee beamer :p.For me got 80% of what I intend to see.
How many of you think Yuvi could be back to national team after this knock ?:D

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I can get that anywhere anytime, if you think this match wasnt about seeing the legends one more time lol.They have certainly played well, but seriusly iwould take lara' s and Srt classy shots over Finch butchering the ball anyday,even if its not entertaining like you say

I don't know or really care why you decided to watch this game. I just know that this spectacle has been made into a much better and exciting game because of the innings we've seen. If it was all players who retired 5 years or more ago, both teams would have made about 150 and taken 5 hours for each innings crawling after the ball in the field.

This way we get to see some old favourites and a very good game of cricket, which is also important. If you think other wise, then you clearly don't understand what the MCC is about.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My bad, since he has such an unusual stance and I had never seen it before I thought he must have retired long ago. It seems to work for him anyway.

WI selectors have ignored him in the shorter formats. He has not officially retired yet while he is still our best batsman for the test matches. Talking about Shiv's stance. You will want to look at the video from his first match. Btw, if his annoys you, the spectator, I would be all the more annoying for the bowlers and that is job half done for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

grkrama

National Board President
Shiv is a very good batsman; Finch is having a great game and you have a few overs left from Murali, plus Tino Best's bowling is always interesting... A big partnership between Lara and Tendulkar would have been nice: but as a game this is getting interesting...

I meant the vintage show is over.

I don't know or really care why you decided to watch this game. I just know that this spectacle has been made into a much better and exciting game because of the innings we've seen. If it was all players who retired 5 years or more ago, both teams would have made about 150 and taken 5 hours for each innings crawling after the ball in the field.

This way we get to see some old favourites and a very good game of cricket, which is also important. If you think other wise, then you clearly don't understand what the MCC is about.

like you said you dont need to pass on your view to me as i dont care as well, remove the legends from the roster, i wouldnt be watching.

Im not belittling finch or yuvi,here just that i have got more time to watch them in future.I was expressing my wish to see lara or dravid more one last time than seeing someone i can watch more.

Not all of us have to be like you...anyway im just happy to have watched some of those glorious drives again one last time probably.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
What's important to you, is not what is important to the MCC and spreading the game around the World. In terms of that, they've done a very fine job with this game. Something which you seem to disagree with, which is strange.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha @ MUFC1987, kindly tell us what the MCC is about then? Cause last i checked from fans & media the interest in this game was pretty much about the seeing the recent retired legends play in various sub-plots.

The MCC surely couldn't have gotten away with charging official international game prices for what this exhibition game, without the presence of the legends either.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
This game is being broadcast around the World. It involves a number of high profile names, meaning that people will be tuning in to watch that. As well as people who know the sport, there will be people watching it for the first time. The MCC is about promoting the game and people tuning in to this have seen a quality game of cricket, which some great performances. Whether you like it or not, that is a positive. If it featured entirely old cricketers the quality and entertainment value would have been a lot lower, even if the nostalgia would have been higher.

The MCC has done it's job. Sure, it might have been even better with the Saffers and Sri Lankans who were going to play, but the game has been a good one. Notice that the best performers have been the guys still playing and you should realise that without them, this game would have been over 4 hours ago and been a lot more boring.

Users who are viewing this thread