MCC XI vs ROW XI

grkrama

National Board President
without them, this game would have been over 4 hours ago and been a lot more boring.
they were going pretty well till ajmal got in, this whole thing that without youngster game would have been boring is not a view i agree with, what if they score only 200 or 150 the game can still be interesting, whats this obsession that high scores make interesting games, and the old guys would have played with more freedom among themselves.

Yes MCC has done a great job for making this match possible and im grateful for it.
I never said they have done a bad job.Any way lets just agree to disagree and cherish our moments we got of the match mate:)

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Aaron Finch played a magnificent innings with 181 runs not out and made it worth staying up past 3.30 AM for me, along with seeing the other legends play of course.

Peter Siddle also bowled tightly and was probably unlucky not to pick up a wicket. Not a bad effort considering he hasn't played an ODI for Australia for a few years.

Its been fun ladies and gentleman, especially learning about Shivnarine Chanderpaul but I will go to bed so I can hopefully wakeup before lunch time.

Last edited:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Finch looked good, as he has done often but it's Ajmal who just looked a class apart. Take Ajmal out of the equation, who knows how any runs the ROW would have got.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
*yawn* at the posts saying that if you can't appreciate Finch's innings or Ajmal's bowling, then you don't understand what MCC is about... as if it puts you out of some elite company that are true conoisseurs of the game. There are plenty of games during the year when I can appreciate the game and good innings. This just isn't one of those games. I want to watch Sachin, Lara, Pietersen and Dravid bat. I want to watch Warne and Murali bowl. Anybody who gets in the way of that is a distraction. That is just how I feel, and I am not alone on this. This match wouldn't be worth watching if those guys weren't playing, and that's a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread