New update to Cricket Academy Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope they don't promote religious subjugation of women by covering them up.
Brother! Get your facts right before commenting on something so sensitive. Hijab is nothing like a subjugation. I don't really want to start a debate here regarding this. But i can if you want through PMs. But trust me the reason behind God telling women to wear hijab is not the one you are thinking.
And turban is also worn for religious purpose by the Sikhs. If that's not a subjugation , then how can you call hijab a subjugation?

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@Ajh1977 bravo.

@kamrul keep the imaginary sky fairy talk elsewhere please.
Maybe @kamrul did get a little excited there and taking it in a wrong direction. But I think what his point in the first place was that giving an option like that is not promoting any religion. It's just that in recent years we are seeing plenty of women and men getting in sports who at the same time wants to continue practice their religion. Sports is one of the few areas where people of every kind come together whether religion, race, you name it, and places where sportsperson are allowed to practice their religion while they play their games simply gives out a positive statement rather than any kind of subjugation. It makes those sportspersons feel that yes they are part of the sports as well and they won't be forced to choose between either their religion or sports. History itself suggests that whenever sports have erased those boundaries of race and religion the world have seen some amazing talents out there.

If BA are to include this (not saying they definitely should) it will just encourage those women out there who see the sports not only as their career goal but also a place to fulfill their dreams of what they want. In short, including such features in this game is not a bad thing. Some people do take it in a wrong way, but overall people do understand.

At the end it's just a suggestion, if the developer themselves aren't comfortable with it then that is what it should be.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Brother! Get your facts right before commenting on something so sensitive. Hijab is nothing like a subjugation. I don't really want to start a debate here regarding this. But i can if you want through PMs. But trust me the reason behind God telling women to wear hijab is not the one you are thinking.

Kamrul I had no intention of offending you or your religion I have friends in the game from all backgrounds. However I also have no interest in discussing religion with anyone, as far as I'm concerned it's an argument on who has the best imaginary friend. It's my personal opinion that turbans should be in game as they are seen in park cricket week in week out. So to make certain players I'd need that option. I have never seen an international cricketer wearing the hijab so therefore I don't see the need for it. I'm pretty sure that muslim girls that are allowed to play cricket are also allowed to choose what they wear. Also surely it would be nice for young girls who are not allowed to play or who have to wear it in real life to shed it in the gaming world as I'm sure an imaginary deity is to busy doing God things to worry about the DB17 dress code.

kamrul

Associate Captain
I hope when the accessories get unlocked, hijab(a head covering worn in public by some Muslim women) will be there to be added for women!
I'm sure an imaginary deity is to busy doing God things to worry about the DB17 dress code.
If you didn't notice, i wanted it to be in the accessories option, why do you guys have to bring religion here? Just like all other accessories , women will have an option to wear hijab (totally their choice) . As @zuber21886 said women playing wearing hijab in real life is seen a lot more than before now a days. Even there is an Olympian this year from USA who is participating in hijab. So, having an option is not gonna hurt at all. Obviously if u knew well, Muslim women don't see hijab as suppression of their rights of showing off their figure, they feel respected this way.
Get your facts right.....God has never told any women I know about their dress sense.....
Lol. Depends on which God you serve, or you even serve any or not. Let's not ruin the thread by talking about these things bro.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Phew. Glad that is over. Anyway, moving on...

Think Ross is gonna own Friday again? He surely did say the new update is THIS week right? *fingers crossed*

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
why? you are gonna give birth to a controller tonight? :lol:lol:lol

I'm just flabbergasted at that. LOL How did you even interpret it so?

It's midnight here and I thought the update was coming in now. (But then realised it's 4AM in Melbourne now. Atleast 5 more hours before that happens?)

And I have no words for that sense of humour :P

D

Dutch

I'm just flabbergasted at that. LOL How did you even interpret it so?

It's midnight here and I thought the update was coming in now. (But then realised it's 4AM in Melbourne now. Atleast 5 more hours before that happens?)

And I have no words for that sense of humour :P
I didnt imply when it was coming:,we all know Ross owns Fridays so I guess it might be then.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Dutch told you to get your controllers ready ( he didn't mention that the update is coming tomorrow) and then you replied tonight's gonna be a long night for you. So.. LOL! :lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread