ICC Champions Trophy 2017

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nobody is blaming Bumrah for the loss today. Its about seeing 'who fits better into your goals'. Kumar can bowl anywhere. Yadav is attacking and can bowl early and middle (not as much in death, but still he can be backed for death). Shami is again an "anywhere" bowler. Bumrah is not very effective anywhere else except the death.

Did you see Shami bowl in the IPL? He got carted around like a scolded dog. Umesh doesn't have the wickets in England to do damage at the start. I'd say get Shami for Yadav. Ashwin for Jadhav. I really can't stand that Jadhav. Who does he think he is?

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This has to go down as one of SL's best ODI victories. Great batting and ice-cool captaincy from Mathews. They have to be considered contenders.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Sri Lanka running between the wickets is horrible :)

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I can't believe people are thwacking Bumrah! It's a joke!

We are not thwacking Bumrah. You`ve got to see how to win games. We are not going to win many games if we do not get 5 wickets by the 40th over. Bumrah in the middle overs does not offer a wicket taking option. His utility is the 5 overs he gives at the death. As Sai said, we need someone who can bowl wicket-taking balls even when the batsmen are not looking to attack. Bumrah would be my first pick in T20s but not so straightforward in ODIs.

Look at our attack. If Bhuvi amd Umesh do not get wickets in the first 10 overs, we do not have anyone to do that in the middle overs. Bumrah and Jadeja are both defensive bowlers and Pandya is not a regular bowler at all. We cannot play with so many defensive bowling options. Shami needs to get a look in. Also, we missed a trick by not picking Kuldeep Yadav in the squad.

In short, you cannot pick players who will be valuable in any single phase of the game. I would rather pick a side which has the best shot at making the end overs irrelevant. Against this SL attack, we should`ve scored 350. The phase where Yuvraj was new to the crease was really slow for us. Between the 30th and 35th overs, we slowed down a bit too much.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I see Pakistan making it to the semifinals, if they can continue their bowling performance like how they did against SA. As far as India or South Africa is concerned, its going to be a lottery. I am currently inclined to say South Africa just to be conservative and pessimistic and also for the fact that SA should feel more closer to English conditions than India, but I also know that India will also feel hurt after this show and have the batting and bowling arsenal to challenge.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I see Pakistan making it to the semifinals, if they can continue their bowling performance like how they did against SA. As far as India or South Africa is concerned, its going to be a lottery.
Nah Pakistan can't beat Sri Lanka because the way Sri Lanka just beat India Today proves they are better team then Pakistan.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@kushal17 why are you obsessed with Game On Hai?

SL have batted well in the middle overs, thanks to Mendis and Perera coming back to form, and Mathews coming back from injury. I think what India lacked was 20-30 runs from the top order, and wicket takers in the middle overs.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Credit where due. SL never looked in trouble. The ease with which they chased 320+ is commendable and perhaps makes us wonder if Pakistan really raised our egos.

The problem with bringing Ashwin in for Jadav is that we lose one power hitter in the middle over. I think both are pretty much at level when it comes to fielding. So if Ashwin is to come in, he will have to justify it with wickets on pitches that are batting friendly.

I wouldn't really change the lineup at this stage. We lost to a team that batted better. But yes, the slow starts make sense for about 10 overs or so but between 15-35, the scoring rate should increase considerably.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Nah Pakistan can't beat Sri Lanka because the way Sri Lanka just beat India Today proves they are better team then Pakistan.

Alright MR Pessimist. If we can beat South Africa, we can definitely beat SL. Need to go in with a strong game plan and we should be fine.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Alright MR Pessimist. If we can beat South Africa, we can definitely beat SL. Need to go in with a strong game plan and we should be fine.
Lol This is Pakistan we are talking about, I wasn't really impress with them against South Africa while chasing only 220 and I think Rain made it a easy win.
just pray our Bowlers do well because our Batting is a flop.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Credit where due. SL never looked in trouble. The ease with which they chased 320+ is commendable and perhaps makes us wonder if Pakistan really raised our egos.

The problem with bringing Ashwin in for Jadav is that we lose one power hitter in the middle over. I think both are pretty much at level when it comes to fielding. So if Ashwin is to come in, he will have to justify it with wickets on pitches that are batting friendly.

I wouldn't really change the lineup at this stage. We lost to a team that batted better. But yes, the slow starts make sense for about 10 overs or so but between 15-35, the scoring rate should increase considerably.

I would have wanted Karthik for one of the openers and ask him to open, but I am sure I will be roasted if I say that because for us, we look at the numbers and say "Rohit got a 90 and a 70 in two innings, Shikhar got a 60 and a century in two innings". But see their strike rates and the fact of where they bat in the order and it makes it very crucial that atleast one of them goes hammer tongs. Both of them batting sedately for too long kills the momentum. Rohit scored 91 against Pakistan but at a S/R of 76. And both him and Dhawan had below 100 strike rate today despite scoring 78 and 125 respectively. Especially Dhawan after scoring 125 still ended up below 100. That's ridiculous.

Its like a catch-22 situation where "they are scoring runs but they are not helping the team's cause".

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did you see Shami bowl in the IPL? He got carted around like a scolded dog. Umesh doesn't have the wickets in England to do damage at the start. I'd say get Shami for Yadav. Ashwin for Jadhav. I really can't stand that Jadhav. Who does he think he is?

The IPL is a different beast. If you were to go by the IPL, half this side should`nt be here.

Users who are viewing this thread