ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
GG Nz, NZ over AUS or ENG. Kohli's wicket was quite similar to CT17 final one. First 2 balls wider and the next one a bit towards the line, almost the same shot, LBW this time, Caught then.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
To be honest, India lost that game when they were 6/3. I said this before and I will say it again that India was relying too heavily on their top 3. Shekar Dahawn being left due to an injury was a huge blow and Indian batting were just banking too heavily on Virat and Sharma. With a full day of rain and overcast conditions, the target of 240 was a big ask for any side but I didn't expect this huge collapse which India faced. Boult and Henry were just too good. Full Credit goes to Newzeland for the power show and they have a good chance in Finals due to their sheer pace attack.

I think many people will agree that in this World Cup luck played quite a role in many crunch matches but at the end of the day, the deserving and better team won the match on the day. India seriously needs to find out some substance in the middle order and I think its time for MS to move one from the International Cricket.

While I also want to re-emphasize here that the momentum which India lost against England by taking the game lightly (due to confirmed qualification almost) came into the play here somehow. NZ knew that if they we get their top 3 out, the lower middle order is not aggressive anymore. Even if the match would have resumed yesterday It would be a very hard task for Indian batting to chase down the total due to pitch behavior and conditions.

For the second semi-final, I feel England has a better chance of winning it and eventually taking the crown on the 14th July[DOUBLEPOST=1562768762][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think there wasn't much choice. The reserved days for Knockout were already decided well before the World Cup so this is quite a lame excuse. India could have been in much more serious troubled situation had the match been resumed yesterday. The conditions were overcast, it was drizzling here and there with Boult and Henry steaming it would have been even worse.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We're Bharat army and we stand beside our team, now and forever. Always proud of the men in blue!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
To be honest, India lost that game when they were 6/3. I said this before and I will say it again that India was relying too heavily on their top 3. Shekar Dahawn being left due to an injury was a huge blow and Indian batting were just banking too heavily on Virat and Sharma. With a full day of rain and overcast conditions, the target of 240 was a big ask for any side but I didn't expect this huge collapse which India faced. Boult and Henry were just too good. Full Credit goes to Newzeland for the power show and they have a good chance in Finals due to their sheer pace attack.

I think many people will agree that in this World Cup luck played quite a role in many crunch matches but at the end of the day, the deserving and better team won the match on the day. India seriously needs to find out some substance in the middle order and I think its time for MS to move one from the International Cricket.

While I also want to re-emphasize here that the momentum which India lost against England by taking the game lightly (due to confirmed qualification almost) came into the play here somehow. NZ knew that if they we get their top 3 out, the lower middle order is not aggressive anymore. Even if the match would have resumed yesterday It would be a very hard task for Indian batting to chase down the total due to pitch behavior and conditions.

For the second semi-final, I feel England has a better chance of winning it and eventually taking the crown on the 14th July[DOUBLEPOST=1562768762][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think there wasn't much choice. The reserved days for Knockout were already decided well before the World Cup so this is quite a lame excuse. India could have been in much more serious troubled situation had the match been resumed yesterday. The conditions were overcast, it was drizzling here and there with Boult and Henry steaming it would have been even worse.
it was a joke ahhaha

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
This surprise win also brought up some new and veteran faces of Planet Cricket from other parts of the World. Good to see that :)[DOUBLEPOST=1562769243][/DOUBLEPOST]Ian Chappel should be happy If England and NZ face each other in the finals. Good for the game isn't it? :)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I must appreciate Jadeja here, the guy looks quite underrated in India. Had he not played that innings it would have been quite an embarrassing defeat today. Jadeja saved the grace a lot and played really well and reach right in the corner.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still stunned by the result. Failure to chase yet again in a tournament knock out game. We might end up with the chokers tag if this goes on. Steamroll through the group stages and just lose it completely during the knockouts

Whats the point of dominating the year and topping the charts, if there is no silverware to show for it

Atleast, there was Jadeja's fiery performance. Loved the gesture towards the commentary box (to the Sh!ts-n-pieces commentator probably)

Users who are viewing this thread