End Game Contract Killer Mafia II - Contract Killer has Performed his Kill!!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tbh, I did feel he is scum at times but can't conclude, feels bg at times.. No reads but the setup which is part 2, might just be the former VIP turned in as the killer this time all hypothesis.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tbh, the guy I lynched for me anyway ATM.
Would like Villain to play more technically instead of diplomatically. Give your reads please.
If you ask me it’s between you, CK and least possibly AliB if I back my theory of people who lynched MB.

I’ll go through Rudi and CK’s post now. We are forced to lynch someone today so have to make a right call.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
By process of elimination, the only two people i can see being Killer are either @RUDI , or if @asprin 's theory is correct, @Villain
Apologies, though times. Busy with strategies on cutbacks at work, starting with my staff. Really shitty position to be in tbh.
I am still actively reading here. AliB and Villain is my focus point at the moment.
Only strategy I can think of at the moment is to keep on digging, stay active.
We technically have two days before we have to lynch anyone, so stay calm keep digging, the killer will eventually slip up.

Lynch CerealKiller

The killer can go one of two ways: A) Remain silent B) be highly active and sow confusion

I think in this case it's B , MB did mess up we all know that. But pushing too hard with the kind of setup can easily get others to jump on the wagon.
@CerealKiller did you start the wagon on MB? And did you advocate for him to get lynched?
First he says that main focus is on AliB and Villain, then he suddenly jumps on me, saying that i could be sowing confusion by posting more. Could also be trying to say that less active people shouldn’t be suspected? He hasn’t been the most active. (for good reasons, not saying his lack of activity means he's the Killer, just pointing out that he suspects the more active people)
Contradictory posts in a single post. Why lynch someone if you are sure?

My lynch was purely a pressing lynch, the others lynched too quickly after me. By the time I got back online Ashutosh hammered him.[DOUBLEPOST=1586516064,1586515511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ashutosh is confirmed town IMO here. His eagerness to see if the lynch was successful on the killer confirms it.
First he questions me why i lynched MB ( which i've explained before), but he lynched him as well. He says that it was a pressure lynch, but he could’ve lynched him early to not attract attention, thinking that he was gonna be hammered anyway.
Got what I wanted from pressing CK
Unlynch
Confirmed town
He quickly backs off, clearing me Town (didn’t say on what grounds), maybe thinking it was too difficult to convince the others to lynch me?
I cannot elaborate more on why, sorry.
About what Villain said.
Dude, wth. You've played smartly till now.
Your way of questioning is borderline on a brain fart. Are you seriously telling me you want me to make things too easy for the killer?
If you are a BG, your job is two fold, protect the VIP and leave the killer guessing.
Why would you want the rest of us to make the killers job easier?
Done answering the same question over and over again.
Although i concede it's hard to answer questions on things that we can’t talk about in order to not alert the Killer, still, his response could be an effort to look like a very frustrated Townie.
Hammers the No Lynch, which again, if you are the Killer, is a good way to not look like it, because the Killer would always go for the lynch
FOS : Rudi
Would like the others' thoughts on these two

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
First he says that main focus is on AliB and Villain, then he suddenly jumps on me, saying that i could be sowing confusion by posting more.
To add to this, he is now saying he finds AliB to be the most likely Killer, because he didn’t answer a couple questions (not saying it’s a bad theory, actually it's a good pressing lynch, but he isn’t just pressing, but going from thinking the Killer could be among the more active people, to thinking the more inactive one is the Killer, which is quite contradictory)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That is some good analysis there, @CerealKiller

Rudi has also seemed fishy to me mainly because he has been agreeing to almost every proposal that has been made to lynch someone. First, MB, then Cereal and then AliB. If he is a townie, he may be just agreeing, but looks more to me to make the town confirm a mislynch and make it easy for him to find the VIP.

Also, @Ashutosh. and @asprin please post your suggestions too.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
or if @asprin 's theory is correct, @Villain
May I know what theory it is? Except for that he think I might be tricking people by saying Ashutosh is town for reasons I cannot disclose. And using it for my advantage. Which is nothing solid and I still don’t get it how does it prove me a Killer.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
May I know what theory it is? Except for that he think I might be tricking people by saying Ashutosh is town for reasons I cannot disclose. And using it for my advantage. Which is nothing solid and I still don’t get it how does it prove me a Killer.
Yes, i'm referring to this.
That's a very convenient thing to say. Almost something that a killer would like to cling onto to give town vibes. You very well know it cannot be dwelled into further so it can probably be used as a safety net to cover oneself up.

My thoughts on that ^
But it could also mean the killer is smart enough to bring it into play to have exactly the same kind of feeling that you're having at the moment.
It is convenient because the reason cannot be talked about out in the open. Hence, from a killer's perspective, he can say that and get away with it.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say you're indeed the killer. Now when you say something along the lines of, "Hey guys, we know he cannot be the killer because, well he said xyz which only townies will know."

That "xyz" becomes a very safe thing to say because it cannot be objectively discussed without putting the entire town at risk.

So there is a possibility that the killer can try that out as well. I don't know why this angle is being ruled out.
Don’t have anything clear on you, there are things that point towards you being BG, and others that point towards Killer. But i've cleared everyone except Rudi, and although i almost cleared you as well, you’re the second most likely Killer.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
CK’s posts in the game till now, will make it easier for me to go through it and others especially on mobile. Next will be Rudi and Alib’s posts.
Ok, in the last game there was a lot of confusion for me when "CK" was used when talking about the Contract Killer, as i thought it was referring to me :p
So kindly, can we refer to him as the Killer in this game?

A very trick setup. Strangely there’s no night phase. Probably our best strategy would be to not lynch. Regrettably, that isn’t allowed for two consecutive days. In these circumstances, we can only get the killer through discussion. Notably, the writeup says that the killer is the same as last time. Is that just flavour? Strange to see. Very much just my interpretation, though. I might be wrong. Probably it’s just flavour.

Very weird behaviour from you. And counter lynching the person who lynched you at RVS is typical scum behaviour
Lynch : AliB

:p Good one - should have kept quite

It’s hard to agree to a code language without explicitly saying what it is. So i find this hard to implement.

If No Lynch was allowed on consecutive days, we could’ve just kept doing it until the Killer got tired and wasted his shot. But given that it isn’t allowed, we have to actively hunt the Killer.
@AliB i think you might be trying to manipulate the Bodyguards into revealing the VIP through a code.
Unlynch
Lynch : AliB

Of course i know who the VIP is. But perhaps you don’t, and are trying to get us Bodyguards to reveal it through "talking in code"

What? Just weird stuff from you so far

Well, he also has only one shot, so that makes it a bit harder for him than you suggest.
It is very, very important that we read posts very carefully, looking for hidden clues about people’s allegiance. A code is impossible to develop without alerting the Killer.

You can’t have an important role every time, mate :p

Was referring to the previous iteration of this game ;)
Anyway, some people are still stuck on their RVS lynches, need more contribution to take the game forward

I didn’t understand your last post, what were you trying to say?

Seems like you missed a word or two in there, the sentence doesn’t really make sense. Trying to read it gave me a headache :p will have to take a medicine for it

@Yash. watching the thread but not posting?

It’s not that kind of code, he’s talking about a code to communicate between Bodyguards :p
I think we need to move past that idea, it’s unworkable.
Unlynch
Lynch : Ashutosh

Pointing out game mechanic stuff that someone else already mentioned, and no other contribution so far

And how exactly does that help the Town?

Yes, especially considering your role

Which can be a very good ruse, if he is the Killer.
My reads so far
@Villain - could be either way, for aforementioned reasons
@RUDI - only a couple of meaningful posts, excluding RVS posts, but so far looks genuinely as if he’s trying to hunt the Killer, although the part about the last game was mentioned a thousand times already, so could be a way to look like helping Town, coupled with call for more posts? Although I concur on the latter
@AliB - looks Bodyguard to me, put in a good effort, even if his idea wasn’t that effective
@asprin - either general analytical posts, which honestly anyone can make, or reacting to other posts. No active scum hunting. This can look like the approach of the Killer waiting for clues to appear
@Yash. - not much to judge him on, but he twice says something like "there’s not much discussion, don’t know how to take the game forward", but he doesn’t really try to generate discussion or take the game forward himself, but his response to AliB’s code proposal does give Town-ish vibes
@Master Bates - really dude? What is claiming Killer gonna accomplish other than completely confusing the Town? Don’t think you’re stupid enough to actually be the Killer though
@Ashutosh. - buddy, you just need to post more[DOUBLEPOST=1586305627][/DOUBLEPOST]@Villain

@Yash. any response?

@asprin

I’ve questioned Yash as well, but you just posted about the mechanics and nothing else at that point. Any reads on anyone?

You are seriously accusing someone who questioned your ridiculous claim to be the Killer?
Unlynch
Lynch : Master Bates

Well, pretty unfortunate to have lost a BG. After the hammer, I was slightly hopeful that he was indeed the killer and was hoping of getting super lucky by observing the town reaction. But yeh, a replacement would have been a better option. Anyways, that leaves us with 5 BG. We will have to pull up our socks now. Can't afford to lose one more BG.

He said that because he was accusing me (whether as a joke or seriously, I don’t know) of being the Killer.
The "considering your role" was an effort on my part to make the Killer think that MB was the VIP, and waste the shot on him.

Why do you suspect me?

So the fact that i have been actively trying to either find the Killer or make him waste his shot on a BG, that doesn’t clear me in your eyes?

@asprin didn't see a response to this

Well, you could’ve posted this before, in response to my post, rather than now.

Pretty hard to get a read on @RUDI , although tbf he said he was gonna be a little reserved

Understand completely.

I was simply excited to start the game, as this was an unusual setup. That is a very weird reason to suspect me. If i was the Killer, i would've been much quieter, looking for clues, instead of posting this much, and asking others to post.
Tbh, I don’t have any read on Rudi, but his frustration at MB gives Town vibes, but can’t clear him Town unless he posts more (if he can, of course)
AliB's "talk in code" suggestion can seem very suspicious, but there's a 50-50 chance in my mind that he was trying to help the BGs, rather than getting them to reveal the VIP. His posts after that have been a little enigmatic, but that's how he usually plays, whether Town or Mafia. So could be either way.

I was somewhat sure that MB wasn’t the Killer, because why would be claim to be? (Fake Passport did something similar in the last game, claiming to be VIP when he wasn’t)
So i tried to confuse the Killer that he was the VIP. I lynched him later because the Killer clearly didn’t fall for it, and i got frustrated after reading his posts.

Actually, Villain and you lynched him before me. And curiously, you’re once again the second on the wagon.

When did i sow confusion? I have been questioning people, posting my reads and thoughts.

Not contradictory at all. I thought we were better off without a BG who played like that, so i lynched him, after reading his posts following his fake claim.

You're the second to lynch me, and you were the second to lynch MB.

So you didn’t clear him after what Villain mentioned?

And what did you want exactly?

@RUDI can you answer this?

Cannot elaborate on what? How you cleared me Town or the question i asked you later?
Just confused about what you mean

I didn’t ask you to elaborate further, i simply asked whether you agree with Villain or not.

But if he knows that it can’t be dwelled into further, and was the first to mention it, don’t see any reason to suspect him.

The Killer could’ve simply acted upon the information, rather than using it to shield himself.

You lynched me right after Yash, saying i was posting too much and sowing confusion, looks to me like you were trying to get rid of the most active Townie, while not looking like starting a Wagon or finishing it. Also, you cleared Ashutosh for another reason, rather than Villain's, and then when asked whether you agreed with Villain, said that you can’t elaborate, rather than answering yes or no. Seems like you don’t know what Villain's talking about, but use the "can't elaborate" defence to avoid being found out.
Lynch : Rudi

If you are a BG, just answer me concretely. Emotion doesn’t help in this game.

Right, well, i really don’t know who to go after right now, and i get that it’s a difficult accusation to answer, so i'll unlynch you and wait for more activity.
Unlynch
No Lynch

Don’t disagree with the approach. Won't give him a third lynch, as hammer is 4 lynches.
The problem is people continuing to say that there’s nothing to discuss. Well, if everyone just says "nothing to discuss", the game will never go forward.

My bad, i thought Yash had lynched him before Rudi

Lynch : @AliB mate, if you are BG, please don't get lynched because of inactivity, just answer Villain and Rudi's questions properly and i'll unlynch you

Edited this to add that he should answer Rudi's answers too

By process of elimination, the only two people i can see being Killer are either @RUDI , or if @asprin 's theory is correct, @Villain
First he says that main focus is on AliB and Villain, then he suddenly jumps on me, saying that i could be sowing confusion by posting more. Could also be trying to say that less active people shouldn’t be suspected? He hasn’t been the most active. (for good reasons, not saying his lack of activity means he's the Killer, just pointing out that he suspects the more active people)

First he questions me why i lynched MB ( which i've explained before), but he lynched him as well. He says that it was a pressure lynch, but he could’ve lynched him early to not attract attention, thinking that he was gonna be hammered anyway.

He quickly backs off, clearing me Town (didn’t say on what grounds), maybe thinking it was too difficult to convince the others to lynch me?

Although i concede it's hard to answer questions on things that we can’t talk about in order to not alert the Killer, still, his response could be an effort to look like a very frustrated Townie.

Hammers the No Lynch, which again, if you are the Killer, is a good way to not look like it, because the Killer would always go for the lynch

To add to this, he is now saying he finds AliB to be the most likely Killer, because he didn’t answer a couple questions (not saying it’s a bad theory, actually it's a good pressing lynch, but he isn’t just pressing, but going from thinking the Killer could be among the more active people, to thinking the more inactive one is the Killer, which is quite contradictory)
[DOUBLEPOST=1586780503][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, i'm referring to this.

Don’t have anything clear on you, there are things that point towards you being BG, and others that point towards Killer. But i've cleared everyone except Rudi, and although i almost cleared you as well, you’re the second most likely Killer.
Alright, agree with it.

Some have again soft claimed being a bodyguard, I don’t know what’s going on really.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Rudi’s posts in the game.
Lynch: Ashutosh

Because by the look of things other than me you are the only one with no lynches

:p Good one - should have kept quite

I like this tbh, guys let's start getting active please.

Sorry I know I said I'm going to play a reserved game, but hell its too quite here.[DOUBLEPOST=1586184975,1586184845][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't stress @AliB , I'll be your friend mate, I'm not fluent in code though.
Why are trying so hard man?

Something consider here:

After reading Villains post were he played the VIP it became clear that the bodyguards didn't involve him in the game, no lynches, no questioning him or anything.

Guys please be more proactive, silly games like I am the killer is just frustrating the rest of us into thinking you are not for us, but against us.

Let's put some thought into our posts, questions should be ask in a way to try and catch the killer out. Secret codes can only work if we were allowed to communicate via PM'es. So please let's drop this idea as its just going to sow confusion and us lynching our own.
Try and narrow down your aliances by POE (process of elimination)

So far I can say Villain and Cereal Killer are likely real bodyguards. Villain giving helpful info on how to catch the killer and CerealKiller (most active poster in game so far) is actively try to push around to do his own POE.

Players I am not to trusting about are asprin, AliB, Master Bates and Ashutosh. Yash should post more in order to analyse if he is for us or trying to kill the VIP.

@PresidentEvil , can we have regular updates on the lynch Tally's please. I would hate for us to hammer one of our own due to insufficient updates.

Unlynch
Lynch: Master Bates

Terrible defense on making a silly mistake. Not helping us at all!

MB, not cool man! Kindly never enter another mafia game again if you are not fully committed.
You costed us! Next time sub out if you are bored. That goes for everyone!!!

This is a team effort finding the killer, let's forget this unfortunate incident and be more active. Activity is key now after this mislynch.

Apologies, though times. Busy with strategies on cutbacks at work, starting with my staff. Really shitty position to be in tbh.

I am still actively reading here. AliB and Villain is my focus point at the moment.

Only strategy I can think of at the moment is to keep on digging, stay active.
We technically have two days before we have to lynch anyone, so stay calm keep digging, the killer will eventually slip up.

Lynch CerealKiller

The killer can go one of two ways: A) Remain silent B) be highly active and sow confusion

I think in this case it's B , MB did mess up we all know that. But pushing too hard with the kind of setup can easily get others to jump on the wagon.
@CerealKiller did you start the wagon on MB? And did you advocate for him to get lynched?

Contradictory posts in a single post. Why lynch someone if you are sure?

Once again?
My lynch was purely a pressing lynch, the others lynched too quickly after me. By the time I got back online Ashutosh hammered him.[DOUBLEPOST=1586516064,1586515511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ashutosh is confirmed town IMO here. His eagerness to see if the lynch was successful on the killer confirms it.

Got what I wanted from pressing CK
Unlynch

Confirmed town

@RUDI can you answer this?

I cannot elaborate more on why, sorry.

About what Villain said.

@AliB aka codemaker, your thoughts please. Kindly give your POE on the remaining players from likely BG's to killer.
Same for @asprin please.[DOUBLEPOST=1586519843,1586519756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes.

Dude, wth. You've played smartly till now.
Your way of questioning is borderline on a brain fart. Are you seriously telling me you want me to make things too easy for the killer?
If you are a BG, your job is two fold, protect the VIP and leave the killer guessing.
Why would you want the rest of us to make the killers job easier?

Done answering the same question over and over again.

@PresidentEvil timeframe for day 3 please.

Alot of players have put questions to him that are left unanswered even though he has been online lots afterwards.

Lynch:AliB

It's called pressing for your information. Something your are supposed to do if you are a BG.

Tbh, the guy I lynched for me anyway ATM.
Would like Villain to play more technically instead of diplomatically. Give your reads please.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Alib’s posts in the game.
Lynch: asprin?

Nah, not yet but eventually.... :lol
Btw, we all know the VIP, something is going in my mind to disintegrate the killer but nothing concrete.

For now, Lynch: Master Bates...

See, my theory is we all know who is the VIP except the CK killer, so generate some code language to prove ourselves as bodyguards without taking the name of the VIP, and eventually the one with no clue is to be lynched.

guess that's what the game is, but need to be a bit practical.

What are you talking about? I know who's the VIP, and if you guys don't want to go by my theory no issues btw do you even have a hint who's the VIP?

You give me something that I trust you, even I don't you that you ain't a bodyguard and desperately want the name of the bodyguard, trying the reverse psychological concept here.

That's what I initially quoted..[DOUBLEPOST=1586181831][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe just I'm trying a bit too much, honestly I don't have a clue to implement that..

Just some clue that only you and me understand clearing that you ain't the killer..

Even I don't know.. Guess this game is easy at the same time tough to crack.

Gotto do something, not stressing but yeah maybe trying too much..

Are you sure, why would someone claim being the killer? Just why...

His claim might be legitimate, but it just ruins the game.

What do you want to hear? Till now what I have analysed, Yash, AK, me & asprin are bodyguards. Now, it's one of CK, Rudi & Villain.. That's I've picked from pieces of posts of you guys.

No particular reason, they've been clear for some other clues they've put up. I strongly feel it could be Villain just a feeling for the setup and a background story. Villain might be rebellion and become a killer himself after seeing it didn't work being a good person. Just a storyline theory, nothing to do with Villain's play.

Maybe, was a busy day out of the site yesterday, I'll go through the game once again for that.

What you guys want me to answer?

Doesn't this read scum enough to him on to lynch? Everyone has been inactive, not only me.

Mind quoting me those?

As per my analysis.
AK: Hasn't posted much but the hints he's thrown in is a bg.
Yash: Similar analysis goes for him too.
asprin: Has been playing well, safe enough. Can't doubt much upon him too.
CK: The most active one as of now, might be town but might be scum, more towards town.
Rudi: Has been jumping on every little bit he's getting, trying to lynch the on target sounds the most scummy yet.

No reads on Villain, ek why.[DOUBLEPOST=1586768315][/DOUBLEPOST]
Feel it's Rudi, keeping everything outside the game aside he's sounded the most auspicious followed by CK.

May I ask you who you feel is the most scummy?

Tbh, I did feel he is scum at times but can't conclude, feels bg at times.. No reads but the setup which is part 2, might just be the former VIP turned in as the killer this time all hypothesis.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Some have again soft claimed being a bodyguard, I don’t know what’s going on really.
Second time you have mentioned this. Could be a good way to look like a BG if you were a Killer, speaking against the thing that benefits you. Also, it doesn’t mean that their claims are true. Maybe the VIP is soft claiming BG to confuse the Killer, or maybe he hasn’t done so.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Honestly, I was not at all in favour of "No Lynch" yesterday. It's always anti-town in games such as these. Now we are forced to lynch someone, and there's a whooping 83% chance that it will turn out to be BG.

In games like these patience is a virtue. You bet on the killer's eagerness to do something. I'm sure with a PR at play, he can't sit idle for long and will always have that itching to have a go at someone. I agree that the discussions were not achieving much. But the BGs and VIP have got nothing to lose even if no information comes out.

It goes both ways - if the BGs are trying to find out who the killer is, then the killer too is on the lookout for the VIP. So if the discussions are dull, then the killer's job becomes more difficult.

Things would have been different if there was some sort of pressure on the killer (like a cop who will keep investigating each night) but since we don't have that, we all have to bide our time and wait for the killer to lose his patience - even if that means a few boring days of activity.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Lynch @RUDI

On reading his posts once again, he looks more scummy to me than ever. He has been always joining in on the lynch wagons, he was quite quick in changing his lynch votes.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Lynch @RUDI

On reading his posts once again, he looks more scummy to me than ever. He has been always joining in on the lynch wagons, he was quite quick in changing his lynch votes.
You do realize we've only had a single lynch? MB was hammered long after I have lynched him.
All of my lynches were pressing people to try and find the killer.
Show me a single post that reads scummy?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

@RUDI please reply whenever you have enough time

Users who are viewing this thread