Cricket 19 General Discussion

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Most of the time when i simulate ai vs ai t20 matches, the chasing team wins. This makes the simulations unfair. Do you all know a way to negate this?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
There’s often a lot of comments re: AI totals and opinions regarding that. I’m not a big mover on sliders because I don’t want to ‘fix’ the result. I’m not in the habit of simming anything either.

I get the impression that some people think there should be a default score and query anything that isn’t ‘normal’. Not meaning to have a dig but like I say, I don’t want to over manipulate or tinker so much that games are formulaic. For me, as with real life, there are so many variables.

Since the patch I’ve created a new custom team, rated 72 I think. Not sure how that’s calculated as batting, bowling and fielding are all in 60s. Nearly all my players are rated 50-61ish and I haven’t added any perks (Does that even help in Play Now?).

Played a few practice games and a T20I against England. Soon realised that the game has changed and beside edges and overthrows, I score a boundary once in a blue moon!

I’ve played three ODIs against England. This is all on Hardest. I scored 277 or something from 49.5 and bowled them out for 240.

I then restricted them to 141-7 or so from 33.4 overs and chased a target of about 135 with 5 wickets down and three overs to spare. England were appallingly bad but there was a lot of rain around so maybe batting wouldn’t be easy in real life. Buttler/Woakes batted well after I took early wickets but it wasn’t like in previous situations where I felt the game was always scripting lower order batting. I was actually 71-0 but they bowled well and we collapsed. It was really ‘real’ though. Not the result of me swinging wildly.

They then made 299 (Root 162, Morgan 61) and I only made 204. Again, their innings felt very real. I was always gonna struggle to chase a run a ball with my boundary struggles. Just as I got a batsman set and was gonna have a go, I lost a wicket.

I’ve just played a Test (Well, day one) where, yes, I ran Keaton Jennings out for 1 but it was actually a very good throw from the bowler. There were then a couple of partnerships but also wickets for me.

I was a bit disappointed with England’s batting in the first couple of ODIs. Was worried that the game was too easy, bowling at least. But maybe I should give myself credit for fields etc and like I say, conditions were favourable at times but then less so when they racked up 300.

All, in all, what I’m saying is that I think conditions have played their part and that the game has been very real. I’ll see how the rest of my 1st Test plays out. There has been some lower order resistance. I’ve still got two wickets to get so if Broad, Anderson and Leach get from 232-8 to 450 then I might be complaining!

I’ve played all the games and had some classic encounters in previous editions. Though I need to hit more boundaries but think I am learning re: timing, the game seems more competitive than pre-patch, and more like 17 (Or 14?) I think.

As the risk of sounding like a broken record as I’ve mentioned this before, the bowling lines and fiends from the AI seem much better/consistent. The thrill of bowling on this game, particularly getting an LBW, bowled and particularly when you get an edge and that moment when it’s going to your keeper. It’s unreal... or real. You know what I mean! Seen some better boundary fielding too, still a mixed bag as is the catching lottery (AI gonna catch it or me!).

Sorry, turned into an essay but just got playing again after a break. Then had the patch and now loving playing (And the challenge of it being harder) what for me is basically a new game.

Enjoy everyone!

Edit: Can confirm that facing Anderson and Broad with a new ball is also pretty lifelike... 9-4... recovered to 152!

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I get the impression that some people think there should be a default score and query anything that isn’t ‘normal’. Not meaning to have a dig but like I say, I don’t want to over manipulate or tinker so much that games are formulaic. For me, as with real life, there are so many variables.
There's a lot of 'I played a match and..' or 'I bowled for an innings and..' judgements made (guilty of them sometimes myself). There are things, like fielding, that you can bowl for 10 overs and pick apart. There's bits of bowling and bits of batting that are frustrating. But an overall match to match experience can vary quite a bit.

Again, their innings felt very real.
I've really enjoyed bowling against the AI in ODIs. Particularly since they stopped lobbing sixes over deep fine leg. It's, for me, the most consistently satisfactying AI batting performance. They defend, leave, play and miss, score 1s, 2s and boundaries. It feels a lot more 'real' than the other formats, from my experience.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a lot of 'I played a match and..' or 'I bowled for an innings and..' judgements made (guilty of them sometimes myself). There are things, like fielding, that you can bowl for 10 overs and pick apart. There's bits of bowling and bits of batting that are frustrating. But an overall match to match experience can vary quite a bit.

I've really enjoyed bowling against the AI in ODIs. Particularly since they stopped lobbing sixes over deep fine leg. It's, for me, the most consistently satisfactying AI batting performance. They defend, leave, play and miss, score 1s, 2s and boundaries. It feels a lot more 'real' than the other formats, from my experience.
Waiting for the "but mur batting stance outside off is gone. When fix. Plz, need leg side shot six power. When release" comments

mlwrz

School Cricketer
Hi,
I have installed the game recently and updated every team from the academy. but kits and logos dosnt applied in anywhere. I have checked in "manage logo" and there are every logo in there. but they are not working. please help guys!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi,
I have installed the game recently and updated every team from the academy. but kits and logos dosnt applied in anywhere. I have checked in "manage logo" and there are every logo in there. but they are not working. please help guys!!

be helpful if you gave your format, did you use her best or add manually etc.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
game is now available on xbox game pass and on xcloud but not on gamepass for pc.
Funnily enough i downloaded wastes ipl teams tonight and there were no logos and kits.It could just be that i have too many kits or logos although it should have just overwritten previous versions of the teams i have.
Will delete some and try again tommorow or is there something more sinister afoot with the IPL

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
game is now available on xbox game pass and on xcloud but not on gamepass for pc.
Funnily enough i downloaded wastes ipl teams tonight and there were no logos and kits.It could just be that i have too many kits or logos although it should have just overwritten previous versions of the teams i have.
Will delete some and try again tommorow or is there something more sinister afoot with the IPL

The game doesn't overwrite previously stored logos even if they are no longer in use if I'm correct. Deleting those should probably solve your issue.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Is the correct answer

And you have won 1,000 pounds! Here is your question for 2,500 pounds.... why did David Warner bowl off spin in today’s match and not his usual medium pacers.

Is it
A) Because he’s shit
B) Because he couldn’t care less
C) The batter was left handed
D) Because he could put the ball in the dust with a little bit of sandpaper.

Bit of Who Wants a Millionaire there for you!?

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
And you have won 1,000 pounds! Here is your question for 2,500 pounds.... why did David Warner bowl off spin in today’s match and not his usual medium pacers.

Is it
A) Because he’s shit

I think I'll use my 50/50

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Is it
A) Because he’s shit

I reckon its actually secret answer E - Because he's a prick

Users who are viewing this thread