Matches Posted British and Irish Confederation of Nations - BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2002

Welwyn

Associate Cricketer
Yeah, think we can maybe find time to do a British Championship (club & country), in a One Day or T20 format as that will take one week at most.

Welwyn

Associate Cricketer
Let me know if you guys need the thread transferred to any of you. :thumbs
I'm happy to run it.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, think we can maybe find time to do a British Championship (club & country), in a One Day or T20 format as that will take one week at most.

1st Week of October??

No internationals and all our domestic comps are over.

Just need @Neptune to agree to this idea.

Welwyn

Associate Cricketer
logo-search-grid-1x.png
BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCED
The newly reformed Great British Cricket Confederation (GBCC) have today announced an agreement for a week long festival of limited overs cricket to be held in the first week of October. All four countries (England, Wales, Scotland & Guernsey) will be sending teams to the event.

The hope will be that over the course of seven days, there will be two semi's and a final to decided both a champion country and a champions club as we also crown a British club champion. Given that England and Wales are already hosting this years Europa League, we hope that Scotland or Guernsey will be hoping to agree to host the entire event. With the schedule current due to be:

Monday - 1st Club Semi-Final - Guernsey List A Champions v England List A Champions
Tuesday - 2nd Club Semi-Final - Wales List A Champions v Scotland List A Champions
Wednesday - 1st Semi-Final - England v Wales
Thursday - 2nd Semi-Final - Guernsey v Scotland
Friday - Reserve Day
Saturday - BRITISH CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
Sunday - BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP

LordTiger

Club Captain
Sure. I would like to invite Guernsey to co-host the event if they are interested.
one of us can host the international final, and the other can have the club final.

@Neptune, what do you say?

Welwyn

Associate Cricketer
Sure. I would like to invite Guernsey to co-host the event if they are interested.
one of us can host the international final, and the other can have the club final.

@Neptune, what do you say?

Can I make the point that you raised in a PM, Co-hosting defeats the object of the 'week-long festival of cricket', and creates problems with travel distances for players whose clubs are involved and are in the National Team.

However, unless any other members have any problems with it. Happy to agree that whichever of Scotland/Guernsey don't hold it this year, get it unopposed (if they want it), next year.

Last edited:

LordTiger

Club Captain
Yeah let's also hear if neptune has something to say.

we can have the event happen in venues at close proximity to each other. since travel will be taken into account.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Can I make the point that you raised in a PM, Co-hosting defeats the object of the 'week-long festival of cricket', and creates problems with travel distances for players whose clubs are involved and are in the National Team.

However, unless any other members have any problems with it. Happy to agree that whichever of Scotland/Guernsey don't hold it this year, get it unopposed (if they want it), next year.
I would agree. Happy to let Scotland host the 2002 edition by themsleves, having a week long tournament played over 2 countries is slightly chaotic, especially if you consider that the Wales national team players that will also be playing for their club will have matches on consecutive days in different countries

Users who are viewing this thread