ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Nathan Lyon comes into my team to complete my spin attack.
@icyman

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My fourth pick will be my wicket keeper, and among my options, I will go for the best one of the lot-

1709466835556.png

Quinton de Kock is probably the greatest wicket keeper in Test History who fulfils my team's criteria, averaging 38.82 with 3300 Test Runs. And he shall take the gloves in my XI.

5. :aus: :bat: Allan Border :c:
7. :saf: :wk: Quinton de Kock
8. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
9. :sri: :bwl: Rangana Herath

Bevab

Staff Member
giphy.gif

Every mission needs someone who can believe that the impossible can not only be attempted but achieved. Someone who can drag the entire team out to achieve more than what they believe is possible. Someone like my next pick who had a habit of doing it for a team that was in desperate need of it...

Ian-Botham-1-768x403.jpg

Meet Sir Ian Terence Botham, one of the greatest all-rounders to have played test cricket. On his day, there wasn't a greater cricketer in the world let alone all-rounder. One of the biggest match winners to have played test cricket, he was a shining light in a team that often demanded him to burn the brightest and he frequently did to the detriment of his overall career. Even if his batting had declined significantly post-1986 and even if his bowling was a shadow of his former self after the magical 1981 summer, teams feared Botham just because of what he was capable of. This included even bowling spin on occasion when his fitness was significantly letting him down to no longer bowl pace. His overall career numbers do no justice to the fantastic and frightening force of nature he was when he still gave a damn.

In my side, he will bat in the lower order and he will primarily be used for his bowling capabilities rather than his batting. Botham the bowler was a fearsome prospect and one you could argue for being among the top 30 test bowlers in history, I intend to make use of that version.

:wi: :bat: Viv Richards
:wi: :ar: Garry Sobers
:aus: :ar: Keith Miller
:eng: :ar: Ian Botham

@Na Maloom Afraad with the next pick.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
My next pick is :eng: :bwl: Douglas Carr, who only ever played one Test and ended up averaging just north of 40 with the ball, which is great for me 'cause that makes him eligible for selection for my side. His first-class career's far more impressive, having taken 334 wickets in 56 matches at an average of 16.72, and 31 5Ws and 8 10Ws.

ESPNCricinfo said:
Douglas Carr's brief career was one of cricket's more remarkable stories. He played as a right-arm medium-pace bowler at Oxford - a football-related knee injury meant he didn't make any first-class appearances - and thereafter meandered his way through very average club cricket around Maidstone. In 1908 he decided to experiment with the fairly new googly, and the following May he made such an impact in club games that Kent offered him a trial - he was by then 37. He took 5 for 65 against his old University on debut, and followed with eight wickets for Players against Gentlemen. His success brought him an England call-up, and in the final Test at The Oval against Australia he took 7 for 282. He took 60 wickets the following season as Kent won the title, and his career ended with the outbreak of the war in 1914.

:eng: :bat: Wally Hardinge
:eng: :ar: Percy Fender
:eng: :bwl: Derek Shackleton
:eng: :bwl: Douglas Carr

@Bigby Wolf, you're up next

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Bigby Wolf's - Dad Army XI

My next pick is Alfred Percy Freeman

Freeman.jpg

Alfred Percy Freeman, known to the cricket world as "Tich" and one of the greatest slow bowlers the game has known.

Cricinfo Bio - It is essentially as a county bowler that Freeman will be remembered, for though he played 12 times for England he rarely produced his best when not playing for Kent. Seventeen times he took 100 wickets in a season (a record exceeded only by Wilfred Rhodes) and in each of eight consecutive seasons -1928 to 1935 - he took over 200 wickets. His total aggregate in this period was 2,090. He is the only bowler in history to capture 300 wickets in one season, dismissing the phenomenal number of 304 batsmen (at 18.05 each) in the dry summer of 1928. Five years later his season's tally was 298. His records are legion-the result of amazing consistency and mastery of his craft. No other bowler has three times taken all ten wickets in a first-class innings, and no other bowler has twice taken 17 wickets in a championship match: in the course of one of these latter achievements against Sussex at Hove in 1922-he had the remarkable analysis of 9 for 11 in the first innings, actually taking all 9 wickets in 47 balls for 7 runs. The succession of prodigious bowling feats that characterised his career placed him behind only Wilfred Rhodes as the greatest wicket-taker in the first-class game: Freeman's final aggregate in a career which stretched from 1914 to 1936 was 3,776 at an average of 18.42.

stats after 40 - 6 matches 44 wickets at an average of 19.

Dad's Army XI

1. Sir Geoffery Boycott.
  2. Sachin Tendulkar
  3. Misbah-Ul-Haq
  4. Tich Freeman
  5. James Anderson
@Verified Enigma you go next.

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Joseph Vine

Joe_Vine_c1905.jpg
He could bat for long hours, field in the deep with rare speed and certainty, and bowl slow leg-breaks without tiring what more you need to form a conventional Test player.

An aggregate of 25,169 runs, average 29.92, and 683 wickets at 29.99
:eng: :ar: Joseph Vine
:wi: :bat: Charles Passailaigue
:saf: :wkb: Heinrich Klaasen
:aus: :ar: Michael Neser
:eng: :bwl: Dick Tyldesle

@Supreme General next inline

Users who are viewing this thread