Planetcricketised Premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Joe is away at the moment, not sure where, probably depressed about Broad, as his assistant manager, I say we will play the same team as last time around.

Middlesborough
4-4-2
Attacking

GK M_Schwarzer
DFC S_Finnan
DFC J_Woodgate
DFC J_Arca
DFC C_Riggott
MFC A_Le_Tallec
MFC G_Boateng
MFC G_Mendieta
MFC S_Downing
FWC A_Yakubu
FWC J_Aliadiere

GK B_Jones
DFC R_Huth
DFC D_Wheater
MFC L_Cattermole
MFC A_Johnson
FWC J_Euell
FWC D_G_Lee

PK: A_Yakubu

JJ Simpson's views on the recent week:

About Liverpool
We played well and had Liverpool on the edge at times, but this is the Premiership. Hosting Liverpool as a first match would always be tough, but I am proud of the boys' efforts and hopefully, we gained some experience from this match.

About Skateboarder & Monty57
Normally in football, there is a fierce rivalry between managers, but these two proved me wrong. Thanks for their recent praise and good luck, I intend to have a successful career at the Stadium of Light.

About Simbazz
Simbazz is outspoken and I think that is good. When he says things like he does in public, there is going to be no reason for him to moan when the Black Cats beat them.

About Steven Taylor
We are disappointed for the offer to be rejected, but OrderDX made his intentions clear and Taylor will not be coming to us. We will now look at alternatives instead.

About Transfers
I am still waiting for the answers to the bids for Fletcher, Crouch and Moore, but football is a waiting game. And I am prepared to wait..

Who are you prepared to off for Crouch?

Glad to get another win and Torres was brilliant as was Pennant and Gerrard.

Manager Speaks Out about Press Interaction

Recently appointed Tottenham Hotspur manager, Chez, has today remarked that the amount of football stories which come out annoy him. "I don't need to know if you are on speaking terms with the Liverpool manager or how soft your turds were this morning. If I were them, I would focus more on football than the media. We all know they'll turn on you anyway." A number of people were unhappy about Chez's controversial remarks, although no manager has yet responded

West Ham Manager speaks out about his side's start to the season.

I'm lavin' it guv. The boys have done a stunner. Two in two, bruv. Cn' ge' a be'er star' 'an 'at can ya?

Manager Speaks Out about Press Interaction

Recently appointed Tottenham Hotspur manager, Chez, has today remarked that the amount of football stories which come out annoy him. "I don't need to know if you are on speaking terms with the Liverpool manager or how soft your turds were this morning. If I were them, I would focus more on football than the media. We all know they'll turn on you anyway." A number of people were unhappy about Chez's controversial remarks, although no manager has yet responded

Barrow tonight has reacted to comments made by Chez,

I reckon he doesnt like the limelight, i mean, im not fond of it, but id rather get my point across to the UK rather than just Wigan town centre, its just bad beans, people dont like Tottenham, therefore people dont like him, simple isnt it, people love to watch a relegation battle and thank me for taking the challange, therefore im liked. All simple, Next time, id advice Chez to visit his PR manager.

Arsenal Vs Man City
After an nearly shock loss for Liverpool Arsenal managed to pull off a regulation win against Premiership Strugglers Man City. Leaving City with no wins in the first 3 games of this Premiership Season. The first goal came after 4 minutes when new signing Da Silva chipped the ball over young Kasper Schmeichel. The Keeper showing his inexperience. The Second came only 6 minutes later after a bad day for Schmeichel, became worse when Hleb slotted another one past him. City looked as though they were still in the changing room but the second goal woke them up and they managed to keep Arsenal at bay until the 72nd minute when Da Silva scored his Second of the game.
Man of the Match went to Da Silva after his two goals. He had this to say after the match.
Da Silva: Well I am very happy I came to Arsenal, they were my childhood team and now i must take them to Glory.

Arsenal 3 ? Man City 0

Aston Villa Vs Fulham
It was an evenly matched first half. Both defences kept out the opposition strikers and the game was mainly played in the middle of the Park. The second half was a lot more entertaining as three goals came in 15 minutes. After two Fiery Speeches at half time Fulham piled on the pressure and in the 70th minute the Villa Defence crumbled as Kamara got his first after a sweetly struck shot from just outside the box. The second came 5 minutes later when Mcbride sweetly finished off a cross from Bullard to go 2 nil up. The 3rd came straight after as Bouba Diop found a whole in the defence to scorr Fulham?s third and to take 3points back to Craven Cottage.
Man of the Match went to Kamara as he Scored 1 goal and created many chances.
Aston Villa 0 ? Fulham 3

Bolton Vs Reading
After the 23rd minute the first goal of the game came. Reading were playing Free Flowing football and the Bolton defence held on until eventually they submitted under the pressure and aloud recently signed Mark Noble to score from 25 yards out. It was an unstoppable shot and keeper Jasskelainen stood there in amazement as it sailed into the top left corner. It was then an evenly matched game and Bolton continued to wonder if they were ever going to Equalize until a moment of sheer brilliance old gun Nicholas Anelka who showed his experience to stay on his feet while Tackles came in from all around him to cleanly sneak the ball under the body of Hahnemann. The game looked sets to end in a draw untill the last play of the game came from a corner. The Bolton managed screamed for all the players to be in the box. But it wasn?t any normal goal. It was a header of from Jussi Jasskelainen that gave Bolton the 3 points. It was unlikely hero for Bolton.
Jussi had this to say after the match:
JJ: Well I never expected it to happen and I?m sure it never will again but this could be a vital 3 points for my team as we look to push for European Football.
Bolton 2 ? Reading 1

Chelsea Vs Portsmouth
Pompey showed they were not a team to mess with as they played some of their best football in 5 years. But it still wasn?t enough as Chelsea completed a 2-0 Victory. The first came from Pizzaro but it took the best part of an hour for Chelsea to finally breech the Portsmouth Defence. After a clever Back Heel by Ashley Cole sent the defence the wrong way and Pizzaro finished calmly. Chelsea doubled their lead in the last minute of Normal time. When Mido made a rash Challenge on Drogba and was awarded a penalty and Lampard beat David James.
Chelsea 2 ? Portsmouth 0​

I will post more later but im going out so i will leave these match reports for you

The bolton manager response to the 2-1 win

" I think the lads show great belief in them selves today by coming behind. Am a bit dissapointed that we conceded a goal but thats life.And Jussi Jaskelien will be relaceing anelka up front in the next match- only joking!"

oh.my.god

jussi Jaaskelainen?

is this a joke? damn it!!

oh well, at least noble got a goal :)

My congrats to the bolton managaer, the fines seemed to work for you!

Derby County Vs Birmingham City
In a high scoring game each team came out with a point a piece. But it wasn’t without some late goals. The first goal came inside the 20th minute when Striker Forssell scored after an excellent through ball from Parnaby, they scored 10 minutes later when again Forssell scored but this time through his own skill when he found a hole in the defence and shot the ball straight through for a brilliant goal. Bywater later signalled to the defence that these new balls swerve a lot in the air. Derby looked down for the count until a superbly placed cross from earnshaw found the forehead of Howard and he headed it down and into the bottom left corner. Once again Birmingham found the back of net after the break when Nafti superbly put through and De Ridder slotted home after a 1 on 1 with goalkeeper Bywater. In the last 10 minutes Derby fans began to leave the ground but the staying supporters were provided with some of Derby’s best ever play. When derby made a substitution it was defender Edworthy to come off for Striker Barnes. Barnes made an immediate impact as he set up Macken to bring the game back to 3-2 to Birmingham. In the last minute of Normal time Barnes scored from just under 30 yards as the ball swerved when it looked like it was going top right but ended up going in the top left.
Man of the Match went to Barnes.
Derby County 3 – Birmingham City 3

Everton Vs Blackburn
Blackburn went 1-0 up after 18 minutes but the goal was disallowed after Santa Cruz was deemed to be offside replays showed that not be the case. Was it to be crucial in the final result? Everton took the opportunity when Benni McCarthy converted from the penalty spot and Everton went 1-0 up. It was the last play of the half when Cahill sent a long ball where Nuno Valente graciously received it and half – volleyed straight into the back of the net. 1-1 at Half Time
The second half bought plenty of shots but most of them off target. It was a last gasp chance from Kerimoglu after Pederson sent him a pass so he was one on one with the keeper. Howard came dashing out and Kerimoglu deftly chipped it over the keeper. Everyone was holding their breath as Osman tried to chase the ball and divert it to no affect as Blackburn went up 2-1 and took 3 points from the match.
Everton 1 - Blackburn 2

Middlesbrough Vs Newcastle United
A fairly regulation victory for Newcastle, as a shocker of a day for Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer. Newcastle opened there account after only 3 minutes when one of two howlers from Schwarzer as Solano poked the ball through Schwarzer’s legs. The borough defence kept Newcastle out of the penalty area so Schwarzer was safe. In the 73rd minute Duff turned away from his marker and Schwarzer fumbled and the ball fell over the line as Newcastle doubled their lead. The third goal was sheer brilliance from Obafemi Martins has his volley rocketed into the back of the Net
Middlesbrough 0 – Newcastle United 3

Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United put Tottenham to the sword as Man Utd. Put Half a dozen goals in the back of the Spurs net. 5 goals in the first half and a disallowed goal for man Utd. Pretty much summed up a rather poor day for Tottenham defence as Robinson did all he could in his power to keep out the Man Utd. 2 goals for Solskjaer in the first 6 minutes had Tottenham out and Man Utd. Never looked back as 2 more found the back of the net all of them inside 20 Minutes. The last goal of the half came from Nani as a superb run and fine finish bought United’s 5th. Only one goal came in the second half this was from ronaldo after he headed home after a cross from Scholes found his feet. With Tottenham only conceding one goal this was probably the only positive of the game. The must have been a very fiery speech from Spurs manager definitely got through to his players.
Manchester United 6 – Tottenham Hotspur 0

West Ham United Vs Wigan
An Evenly poised game finished with each team collecting a solitary point. Bellamy put The Hammers ahead after 23 minutes with a fine finish. From there on each team shared the honours with both making fine pieces of play courtesy of the wingers. But also some fine saves from the Goalkeepers proving how evenly matched the teams were. But it was Heskey on 89 minutes that sealed a fair point for each team.
West ham United 1 – Wigan 1

Pl Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 Manchester United 3 3 0 0 13 2 11 9
2 Liverpool 3 3 0 0 9 2 7 9
3 Newcastle United 3 3 0 0 9 2 7 9
4 Fulham 3 2 1 0 11 3 8 7
5 Arsenal 3 2 1 0 9 3 6 7
6 West Ham United 3 2 1 0 6 3 3 7
7 Chelsea 3 2 0 1 6 1 5 6
8 Bolton Wanderers 3 2 0 1 3 4 -1 6
9 Derby County 3 1 1 1 7 6 1 4
10 Blackburn Rovers 3 1 1 1 3 5 -2 4
11 Reading 3 1 0 2 4 6 -2 3
12 Everton 3 1 0 2 3 5 -2 3
13 Portsmouth 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3
14 Sunderland 3 1 0 2 3 7 -4 3
15 Tottenham Hotspur 3 1 0 2 4 9 -5 3
16 Wigan Athletic 3 0 1 2 1 3 -2 1
17 Birmingham City 3 0 1 2 4 10 -6 1
18 Middlesbrough 3 0 1 2 1 9 -8 1
19 Manchester City 3 0 0 3 3 9 -6 0
20 Aston Villa 3 0 0 3 2 10 -8 0

Last edited:
Manager William Ako had this to say.
Nah what mate, we're still in a good position. We'll win our nex' match, guaran'eed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread