Planetcricketised Premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teague has a say about Liverpool's next opponents, Arsenal:

They are a good quality side. Even with the big loss of Henry they have strengthened again as a team and I believe they are better than before. They have lots of young talent with Fabregas, Rosicky and Van Persie. It will be tough to beat them on sunday, but we also have great players and Liverpool is a great club. Come match day it will be a close affair, but I believe we are able to win.

Q: I have heard that Gerrard and yourself had a small bust up in training. Could you tell us more?

It is all total rubbish. Me and Steven are fine. He is a passionate player and wants to do is best for Liverpool. Sometimes he may make wrong decisions but he is a quality player. I respect that and although we may have our disagreements, we are still good friends.

Q: Man Utd are kind of running off into the distance. Do you think they will be caught up by any of the chasing pack?

Of course. Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves all have high quality teams. Joe's team are really playing well. They have some of the best players in the world and do seem to be unstoppable at the moment. But no team is unstoppable. Even Pele's Brazil or Maradona's Argentina weren't unstoppable. It will be a close run thing this season. Man U may go on to win it, but it is still wide open it being so early in the season.

sorry i couldnt update this week i had coursework and other stuff on.

Yeah, Bolton are free

PlantcricPrem-1.jpg

Man Utd. Keep up streak with win over battling borough!

Hammers keep up impressive streak with an unlucky draw

Results;

Birmingham City 1 - 1 Wigan Athletic
C_Jerome (bir) 10'
E_Heskey (wig) 11'
------------------------
Bolton Wanderers 2 - 1 Aston Villa
N_Anelka (bol) 3'
S_Maloney (ast) 30'
K_Davies (bol) 80'
------------------------
Chelsea 1 - 0 Manchester City
Inj: F_Lampard (che) 28'
A_Shevchenko (che) 28' pen
Red: A_Cole (che) 74'
------------------------
Derby County 0 - 1 Everton
M_Arteta (eve) 72'
------------------------
Liverpool 2 - 4 Arsenal
A_Hleb (ars) 7'
E_Da_Silva (ars) 26'
H_Kewell (liv) 46'
F_Torres (liv) 49'
E_Da_Silva (ars) 51'
E_Da_Silva (ars) 90' pen
------------------------
Manchester United 3 - 0 Middlesbrough
W_Rooney (mnu) 13'
W_Rooney (mnu) 16'
P_Scholes (mnu) 40'
------------------------
Reading 1 - 1 Newcastle United
K_Doyle (rea) 77'
D_Duff (new) 87'
------------------------
Sunderland 1 - 2 Fulham
S_Davies (ful) 12'
D_Kamara (ful) 38'
L_Miller (sun) 45'
------------------------
Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
A_Mokoena (bla) 90'
------------------------
Portsmouth 2 - 2 West Ham United
Mido (por) 38'
M_P_Mendes (por) 53'
F_Ljungberg (wes) 67'
D_Ashton (wes) 79'

Table;
Pl Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 Manchester United 10 10 0 0 36 2 34 30
2 Arsenal 10 8 1 1 24 13 11 25
3 Chelsea 10 8 0 2 20 5 15 24
4 Liverpool 10 7 0 3 22 13 9 21
5 Fulham 10 5 4 1 18 8 10 19
6 Newcastle United 10 5 3 2 17 10 7 18
7 Blackburn Rovers 10 5 2 3 14 18 -4 17
8 West Ham United 10 4 4 2 17 14 3 16
9 Bolton Wanderers 10 5 0 5 11 15 -4 15
10 Portsmouth 10 4 2 4 12 10 2 14
11 Tottenham Hotspur 10 4 1 5 11 14 -3 13
12 Manchester City 10 3 3 4 17 17 0 12
13 Reading 10 3 3 4 12 13 -1 12
14 Everton 10 4 0 6 10 16 -6 12
15 Sunderland 10 3 1 6 13 20 -7 10
16 Derby County 10 2 1 7 14 18 -4 7
17 Birmingham City 10 1 3 6 11 30 -19 6
18 Wigan Athletic 10 0 4 6 6 16 -10 4
19 Middlesbrough 10 0 4 6 11 27 -16 4
20 Aston Villa 10 1 0 9 6 23 -17 3

Fixtures;
Arsenal vs Manchester United
Aston Villa vs Derby County
Blackburn Rovers vs Liverpool
Everton vs Birmingham City
Fulham vs Reading
Manchester City vs Sunderland
Middlesbrough vs Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United vs Portsmouth
West Ham United vs Bolton Wanderers
Wigan Athletic vs Chelsea

News;
Each team now has a transfer budget of 10 Million and may only by players from the English Premier League. Both managers must agree on the transfer and then i will confirm it. The deadline is Sunday 9th December.

Last edited:
Manager Jdeus goves post match interview:

What did you think of the match today?

It was an absolute disgrace, now Im not one for causing trouble the referee todays was extremely bias towards Manchester Utd. He ruined the match today. How we were supposed to compete I honestly dont know.

And what do you think of the first goal today?

It shouldn't have been, clearly! It was a blatant foul from Wayne to win the ball, it should have been a free kick but instead no its one on one and were a goal down.

What did you think of the effort from your team today?

The boys played well, fought hard and showed gile but against the decisions from the referee its never going to be enough. I am proud of my lads because not once today did they let their heads drop, if the ref had been fair today it would have been a much closer game.

Now the transfer window is open will you be buying and selling??

Most certainly, I think we need one of each position. So any managers out there who will sell me a good player from theres offers then I'll have them. A goalie for upto ?1mil, a defender for upto ?2mil, a midfielder for upto ?3mil and a forward for upto ?4mil. As for selling players my whole squad is available and any extra cash earnt from sales will be directly used for aquisitions.

Thankyou

Thanks

Is it good for me to take over as Bolton manager?

Don't worry, Bolton are not in the relegation zone in this competition like they are in the real life Premier League.

In fact, they are only 3 points adrift of the qualification places for the UEFA Cup.

Revised offers

Brad Friedel - £2.5mil
Manuel Almunia - £2.5mil
Ivan Campo - £2.5mil
Danny Mills - £2.5mil
Lauren - £2.5mil
Rio Ferdinand - £5.5mil
Alexander Hleb - £4.5mil
Andy Van der Mayde - £4.5mil
Frank Lampard - £10mil
Jermaine Jenas - £4.5mil
Francesc Fabrecas - £10mil
Craig Bellamy - £6.5mil
David Nugent - £6mil
Michael Owen - £7mil
Fernando Torres - £15.5mil

Last edited:
BOLTON FOOTBALL CLUB:
12th November 2007

Williams Instated As Bolton Manager

Bolton FC have today announced that Rhys Williams will be taking over as their new manager after the position became vacant earlier in the season. Despite all the worry and controversy surrounding the position, Bolton FC are delighted to have finally resolved the issue of their new manager. Williams is an experienced manager having managed successful sides in the lower leagues of English football followed by a memorable stint in charge of CSKA Moscow and Wales.

Bolton are currently performing healthily in the Premier League, and are just three points away from a UEFA Cup place. It is understood that the ambition of the chairman is to get a UEFA Cup or Intertoto Cup place by the end of the season. Williams has stated that he wishes to take the club a long way and is looking forward to a healty new challenge in English football.

Williams record is very impressive, and it is obvious why the club chose him to guide their team to a new era.

RHYS WILLIAMS MANAGERIAL RECORD:
TNS (Welsh Premier): P123 W66 D32 L25 (end of contract)
Forest Green (Conference): P51 W14 D16 L31 (relegated, sacked)
Bradford City (League One/Two): P100 W42 D35 L22 (resigned to move to CSKA)
CSKA Moscow (Russia): P167 W97 D34 L36 (end of contract, move to Bolton)
Wales (Intl): P23 W9 D6 L8 (quit after Wales loss in group stages of Euro 2004 :p)

What is my squad guys? :p

Also, are we going to have a European competition sometime during the season? Or next season...maybe I could run the European season alongside?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread