10 Most Destructive Batsmen of Alltime

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was criticized in my last thread on 10 Most Elegant Batsmen of all time for omitting the Super legends: Sir Don Bradman, Sir Viv Richards and Sachin Tendulkar from the 10 Most Elegant payers of alltime

The reason I have done that was my belief that they all were more appropriate in the Category of 10 most Destructive batsman of all time.

The could demolish and destroy any opposition anywhere in the world with their sheer batting power, skills and incredible stroke play.

Here is my Selection

1.Sir Vivian Richards
2.Sir Don Bradman
3.Barry Richards
4.Gordon Greenidge
5.Sir Gary Sobers
6.Virendra Sehwag,Chris Gayle(Add on)
7.Sachin Tendulkar
8.Walter Hammond
9.Brian Lara
10.Sanath Jayasuriya, Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden

Reader's Choice Category

1.Shahid Afridi (send2yaari)
2.Victor Trumper(King Pietersen)
3.Kevin Pietersen(tech.007, chetan0304)
4.Inzamam–ul–Haq(send2yaari)
5.Herschelle Gibbs (chetan0304)

One can only fit 10 in ten most destructive batsmen of all time . Still I had to settle with 3 for 10th position. Qualitywise it was impossible to omit any of them .

Reader’s Choice Category (will include the name of batsman followed by name of the contributing reader in bracket)

As mentioned above I have also included a Reader’s choice Category where a genuine and qualified candidate missing from my 10 would be added

This is being done to acknowledge the input and contribution of readers.

To many it may appear too daunting to select the 10 most Destructive Batsmen from past and present era.

So to simplify matters the following options are now available.

Options 1

Ideally option 1 it is the most preferred Option to Select 10 most Destructive Batsmen of all time from past and present era .

Options 2

Readers have the Second option of choosing 10 most Destructive Batsmen of all time from present era only.

Option 3

Readers have the Third option of choosing 5 most Destructive Batsmen of all time from present and past era.

Option 4

Readers have the Fourth option of choosing 5 most Destructive Batsmen of all time from present era only.

Option 5

Those who still find it difficult have the last option to choose 3 most Destructive Batsmen of all time from past from present era.

What’s reader’s choice?

I am sure it will be an interesting discussion and we will have invaluable inputs and insights from everyone.

The Primary objective of the thread is to share cricket knowledge and enrich each other.

Please do not take anything personally in the event of disagreement or difference of opinion as no two persons think alike and every one is entitled to his or her opinion and it is a common courtesy to respect that.

Arguments put forward are only for the sake of the topic. Beyond that we are all mates and buddies.

I hope the multiple options available will facilitate selections of 10 most Elegant Batsmen of all time for all and sundry.

Good luck and Cheers!

Last edited:
Point taken - Added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Where is Afridi mate?

Point taken - Added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Please check original post for Special Reader?s Choice Category.

1. Viv Richards
2. Adam Gilchrist

Both freaks. Search 'Vintage Adam Gilchrist' on youtube and you'll see how dominant he was in the IPL.

Last edited:
Matthew Hayden
Sir Don Bradman
Adam Gilchrist
Sir Vivian Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Barry Richards
Victor Trumper
Sir Garfield Sobers
Wally Hammond
WG Grace

Depends on how you define 'destructive'.

If you mean an anarchical state of affairs on the cricket field, then Shahid Afridi pretty much leaves the likes of Kevin Pietersen behind in the dust. We're not talking about form or consistency here, but rather the ability to make bowlers reassess their bowling plans/life plans.

Y.pathan can't be as he is very new,give him some time mate.

A glaring Omission ? Chris Gayle

A glaring Omission ? Chris Gayle

Sorry guys . I missed out a very important one. Chris Gayle Has to be included by all means.

I am putting him beside Virendra Sehwag at 6.

Is that your top 10, robin? I don't know how Gilchrist is 10th. He'd be 2nd or 3rd at the very least.

MIsbah is also very destructive though he is very lucky.

send2yaari added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Imran Nazir should also be their.

Users who are viewing this thread