Story 10 Over Tri-Series - Sponsered by The Red Hot Chili Peppers (C2004 - PS2)

Who will win the 10 Over Tri-Series?

• The Sheep-loving Kiwis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
10 Over Tri-Series Anncoucned​

Today Malcolm Speed anncouned that there was going to be a 10 Over Tri-Series between Australia, New Zealand and England. This series will take place in Australia.

All three teams will play each other twice and the top two go through to play in a final. For Australia and England, this will be a very good Ashes warm-up, with both sides wanting to try out new things for the Ashes.

"I am very happy about this tournament going ahead. It should be a good warm-up for both Australia and England for their Ashes campagin and New Zealand are a very good side, both in One Day Cricket and in the Test Match format. It should be a very good series and I am looking foward to seeing a 10 Over game."

Malcolm Speed at the Press Conference he held to tell the crickerting world about this 10 Over Tri-Series.

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Red Hot Chili Peppers Sponsor Tournament​

Today it was confirmed that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would sponsor the Ten Over Tri-Series. This was a very unusal decision by the band as it seems none of the band members are interested in cricket.

This is what Anthony Kiedis, lead signer of the Chili Peppers had to say: "I am quite stunned really. I not really interested in cricket but Flea (bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers) was born in Australia and lived there for a while and cricket is pretty popular over there, so thought we would sponsor the Tournament."

The Red Hot Chili Peppers latest album. It shocked everyone to hear that they are sponsering the tournament.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Squads Anncounced​

Today all the teams released their 20 man squads for the upcoming Tri-Series.

Australia's Squad

R. Ponting (c)
B. Haddin (w)
M. Clarke
M. Cosgrove
J. Gillespie
M. Hayden
B. Hogg
B. Lee
M. Hussey
P. Jaques
D. Martyn
G. McGrath
A. Symonds
S. Tait
S. Watson
C. White
S. Katich
J. Hopes
B. Hodge
N. Bracken

New Zealand's Squad

S. Fleming (c)
H. Marshall
N. Astle
S. Bond
J. Marshall
C. Harris
B. McCullum (w)
C. McMillian
I. Butler
J. Oram
K. Mills
S. Sytris
D. Tuffey
D. Vettori
L. Vincent
M. Papps
C. Martin
M. Mason
P. Fulton
C. Cairns

England's Squad

I. Bell
J. Anderson
S. Jones
G. Jones (w1)
P. Collingwood
A. Flintoff
A. Giles
S. Harmison
E. Joyce
M. Hoggard
J. Lewis
##########
M. Panesar
M. Trescothick
K. Pietrersen
C. Read (w2)
O. Shah
A. Strauss (c)
C. Tremlett

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Captain's Talk Up Their Sides Chances

Today Ricky Ponting (Australia), Stephen Fleming (New Zealand) and Andrew Strauss (England) had a chat together and talked up their sides chances of taking out this tournament.

"We Can Win This Tournament"

Ricky Ponting was very admant about the Aussies winnning the tournament. "We have a great all-round team and I think we can take out the series. This is a great warm-up for the Ashes and whoever made this tournament should be congratulated." :D Ponting stated.

Ponting in a net session after he was at the press conference.

"I Am Confident"

Andrew Strauss believed that England have the ability to win the series. "I know we aren't very successful in the ODI format but we have a very taleneted and focused team, so I am confident we can win this tournament". Strauss said.

Andrew Strauss is here collecting an award. Will his team be good enough to collect any awards this time around?

"We Are Not Just Coming To Make Up The Numbers"

Stephen Fleming said his team wasn't coming along to make up the numbers. "England and Australia are warming for the Ashes series. You are probably saying what do we to play? We are playing for our country. We are not just coming to make up the numbers." Fleming said at the press conference.

Stephen Fleming at the press conference. Can his side triumph in the 10 Over Format?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Fixtures Anncouned​

Today all three cricketing boards: Cricket Australia, New Zealand Cricket Board and the English Cricket Board aggreed to these fixtures:

Game 1: Australia vs New Zealand (Adelaide)
Game 2: New Zealand vs England (Sydney)
Game 3: New Zealand vs England (Sydney)
Game 4: Australia vs England (Hobart)
Game 5: Australia vs England (Perth)
Game 6: Australia vs New Zealand (Brisbane)

Final: To Be Anncounced

P.S: I will be playing as Australia

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for the nice comments guys :).

First game will defienetly be played on Monday!

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I will try my best Pak_Crickerter ;).
---------------------------------------------

This is how I am going to present the story:

1) Everytime a 4,6 or a wicket has fallen it will be typed up like this:

4.2: Flintoff to Ponting - SIX! Pitched short and Ponting rocks back on to it 6 runs.

4.5: Flintoff to Katich - OUT! Inswinging yorker and even the Australian are happy about that, man Katich is a very slow scorer.

Dot balls, singles, one, two, and threes are insignificant in the 10 Over game and this would take FOREVER to type up hence slowing down the story. Obviously it will be more detailed than what I have just typed, it will have a batsmen's score when he gets out and how he got out.

2) Every 5 overs what I have just typed up will be posted. Basically it will be a review of the 10 overs with some Red Hot Chili Peppers band members accompaing the crickerting commentators.

3) Games that are England vs New Zealand will be outplayed and the scores will be posted.

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Team Line-Ups and Coin Toss​

Australia vs New Zealand at the Adelaide Oval

Australia

M. Hayden
S. Watson
R. Ponting (c)
D. Martyn
A. Symonds
M. Hussey
B. Haddin (w)
B. Lee
C. White
N. Bracken
G. McGrath

New Zealand

S. Fleming (c)
L. Vincent
N. Astle
C. McMillian
C. Cairns
B. McCullum
S. Styris
J. Oram
D. Vettori
D. Tuffey
S. Bond

Coin Toss

Mark Nicholas and Michael Holding are out there on the pitch for the pitch insepction and the Toss.

MH: It is a fantastic day for cricket here at the Adelaide Oval. It is pretty sunny but there is also a bit of cloud cover, but that should not effect our day's play. The pitch well it is holding up well. It is a batsmen friendly wicket but if the bowler's can get it into the right spots they could give the batsmen some grief. If I win the toss I would bat first

MN: Thanks for pitch inspection Michael, now to our captain's Ricky Ponting and Stephen Fleming. Stephen it's your call what is going to be?

SF: Tails!

MN: And it is heads. Ricky you have won the toss what are you going to do?

RP: We are going to bat first. Looks like a good wicket and hopefully we can score some runs and put the Kiwis under pressure.

MN: Thanks for your time Ricky and good luck today. Now Stephen Fleming, you didn't win the toss, what would you wanted to do?

SF: Honestly I would have wanted to bowl anyway. If we can knock the Aussies over early then I believe we have a good chance of winning this game.

MN: Cheers Steve and good luck to you to. Now let's head up to the commentary box where Richie Beanuad and in a minute, I will be sitting right beside him. We will see in 5 overs time.

kookaburra69

International Coach
good decision to bat by ponting,hopefully new zealand can get some early breakthroughs:)

Users who are viewing this thread