1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England are said to be favorites by far by all the bookies. But I don't know, I mean England aren't what they were. Cook, Trott and Pietersen are the main three batsmen who will make big scores, the rest seem a little feeble. Whereas I feel, Australia have the Watson, Clarke, Hughes, Cowan all who have the temperament for high scores in Test cricket.

In the bowling, England will rely on mainly Anderson and Swann. Broad is hit-and-miss player, and Bresnan not that great. Whereas Australia have Starc, McKay, Pattinson and maybe Faulkner. Also have so say Agar (the 19 year old spinner) looked good.

All I am trying to say, is the series is anyone's for the taking.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I worry about the favourites tag. Our batting has been decidedly dodgy for the past two years, we struggled to beat NZ and were hammered by SA.
I know Australia aren't great but I don't see how this is going to be an easy series victory. Hopefully the groundsmen will prepare turning wickets to help Swann at least.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still don't get why Bairstow is given a chance over Bopara. He is not even the wicket keeper in Test Matches. Bopara has the experience and a lot better temperament, plus he has been in great form

fade0508

School Cricketer
Bopara just does not cut it at Test level.

Looking at the weather forecast for next week the wicket at TB will be baked; Swann at home, it could be his game.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
England are said to be favorites by far by all the bookies. But I don't know, I mean England aren't what they were. Cook, Trott and Pietersen are the main three batsmen who will make big scores, the rest seem a little feeble. Whereas I feel, Australia have the Watson, Clarke, Hughes, Cowan all who have the temperament for high scores in Test cricket.

In the bowling, England will rely on mainly Anderson and Swann. Broad is hit-and-miss player, and Bresnan not that great. Whereas Australia have Starc, McKay, Pattinson and maybe Faulkner. Also have so say Agar (the 19 year old spinner) looked good.

All I am trying to say, is the series is anyone's for the taking.

He is not in the squad we use him only in ODI's not in Tests :) also you forgot Siddle thats sad

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Come on England! Barmy Army! England i back them to win. Their side is inform while the Aussie is just going down day by day.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I would suggest you to have a look at the warmup matches results Australia have done a great job till now

midgetwars

Club Captain
What time does this air in Australia? I remember 09 it was around 10pm but the Wimbledon has been starting at around 8 here. So, times are dodgy.

midgetwars

Club Captain
There were rumours that Clarke's back is messing up again. They plan to play him, but the last time Clarke played with a bad back was India and 2010/11 Ashes. Not great matches for him

Users who are viewing this thread