1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This is why you need a 5th bowler. This is why it might have made sense to play a bowling allrounder such as Bresnan and not Bairstow. I don't like Bresnan but he would have provided that extra option, especially when Broad was out for AGES!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
This is frustrating to watch. Finn is bowling absolute garbage, never been a fan of his. well played Agar and Hughes.

still don't understand the hype around Finn. no doubt he'll be useful when he's older but I don't see such potential that he's worth having in the team so young.

still think bresnan has got the shortest straw in english cricket.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
still don't understand the hype around Finn. no doubt he'll be useful when he's older but I don't see such potential that he's worth having in the team so young.

still think bresnan has got the shortest straw in english cricket.

Finn is a better bowler than Bresnan, faster, averages better, better SR, more wickets, what more do you want?

I reckon Bresnan should have played in place of the rather useless Bairstow, given us a 5th bowler and a decent batting option.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I imagine that Hughes is massively relieved that Agar got himself out.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Aw man, I was hoping for the century and I'm an England fan :rolleyes but he has played a blinder, Agar and Hughes have got the extra 65 that Australia would have so desperately wanted. Game on :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread