11. A. Nehra

BOWLERS:
1. Z. Khan
2. A. Agarkar
3. A. Nehra
4. H. Singh
5. V. Sehwag
6. S. Tendulkar

TOSS Report (Ian Chappell & Sourav Ganguly)
----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sourav Ganguly & Ian Chappell

I.Chappell:
"You've won the toss, what have you decided to do?"
S.Ganguly: "The pitch looks a good batting wicket, but rain is forcasted during the test some time. Although it is meant to clear up, which wouldn't suit the team batting first, therefore we've decided to have a bowl first"

I.Chappell: "The Australia bowling attack now has Shane Warne, do you see him as a threat?"
S.Ganguly: "Warne is always a theat any team, any ground. He is a class act,, who will be tough to bat against. We just hope he doesn't take too much effect in his comeback match"

I.Chappell: "India is coming in as underdogs into this tour, how do u think you'll go?"
S.Ganguly: "Australia are always a tough side to play against. It will be close match, which will go down to the wire. It will be hard to restrict them to a small total. We haven't had much practice, playing in England, but we still think we can overcome these Australians."

I.Chappell: "Good Luck Sourav"
S.Ganguly: "Thanks"

come on India :D..plenty of support in England esp. playing v Aussies? ;) :p

TOSS Report (Ian Chappell & Ricky Ponting)
----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Ian Chappell and Ricky Ponting

Ian Chappell: "Are you dissapoinetd to loose the toss today?
Ricky Ponting: "Well the pitch looks pretty good for batting at the moment, the only bad thing is the rain that is forecasted. If we can put some runs on the board early then maybe the rain will not effect us to much."

Ian Chappell: "How do you think Andrew Symonds will go in the test side?"
Ricky Ponting: "Well it certainly is hany having him here. We all have seen his great batting performances at ODI level and hopefully he can bring some of that exciting stroke play into the tests. It is also nice to have an extra bowling option there."

Ian Chappell: "How do you think your bowling will fare against this strong Indian batting line-up?
Ricky Ponting: "Well it isn't going to be easy but the rain may help us out a bit. We are playing 3 spinners and i expect them all to be used. Young Bracken is in there too to hopefully give us a bit of variety."

Ian Chappell: "How much of an effect on the game will Warne have?"
Ricky Ponting: "Well no matter how long he has been out of the game for you can always expect Warnie to do something. We arent expecting anything spectacular with this being his first game back but if he can take a few wickets or even just keep the runs down he will be doing his job."

Ian Chappell: "Do you think you and the boys can set a big total?"
Ricky Ponting: "It would be nice, and we have the batting to do it. Again it all comes down to this first day, if we start well we can expect a big score, if not we will just have to try our best and hopefully bowl well."

Ian Chappell: "Best of luck Ricky!"
Ricky Ponting: "Thanks Ian."

MATCH UPDATE: (Lunch Day One)
--------------------------------------------------
The Australians were sent into bat today.
They have made a solid start to the innings and after 26 overs are 0/93. Their plan seemed to be to see of the new ball and then play safley without trying to do anything to aggresive and get out.

The Indians have bowled well and especially at the start, Agit Agarkar and Zaheer Kahn kept the runs down by bowling a very tight line just outsdie off stump.

If the Indians can take a few wickets in the enxt session they could get right on top, but if Australia continue like this, a big score looks on the cards.

Full Stats:
---------------------
Australia: 0/93 (26) 3.516 per over

BATTING:
Matthew Hayden: 33* (74)
Justin Langer: 31* (89)

BOWLING: (overs, maidens, wickets/runs)
Zaheer Kahn: 7 - 1 - 0/19
Agit Agarkar: 11 - 3 - 0/21
Ashish Nehra: 3 - 0 - 0/9
Harjibhan Singh: 6 - 1 - 0/16

lol, yer, 28 byes (all from after i leave a ball) and theres been one no-ball, which is one of the new things in sam's exe and it's the first time ive seen it.

Thanks mate, and if it takes me a while to finish my innings i am sorry but i have school from monday till friday, then i have Cricket Training on Monday and Wednesday and Football Training on Tuesday and Thursday.
i will play where i can but most of my playing will be done on the weekends

yer we will just have a slight delay at the start because i am goign away on holidays for 4 days, but after that things should start to get moving.

Users who are viewing this thread