2008 Under-19 World Cup

Ya but it so early.eitherway i am so happy with young fighters.but it will be intresting to see their approch when they gonna up against pak,aus!

If Nepal can get Australia out for 206 we will beat them in half the time.

Tanmay Srivastav reminds me of young Yuvi just that Yuvi was superstar even before Under19 world cup.

Last edited:
England just thrashed Bermuda. But whats good is that Bermuda has Under19 team.

Pakistan and NZ game will also be close one as Pakistan just made 157. Shades of senior team in juniors as well.

England just thrashed Bermuda. But whats good is that Bermuda has Under19 team.

Before Bermuda departed to Malaysia,they stopped over in India,in Pune to be precise.They had 3 practice games against PYC[a club in Pune which offers cricket coaching to budding youngsters].
Bermuda got thrashed and their performance was really very poor.Crossed hundred runs only once.

C'mon Virat, kill the game off now!

Last time the bowl swung so much in Sri Lanka. This time its flat batting conditions and with Sangwan whos already a Ranji winner we have great bowling attack as well.

You are referring to the final.It swung.It was more than swing and i was surprised to see that the two Pakistani seamers haventmade their international debut as yet.

The Indian team,now i wonder,if Ishant Sharma had played the U-19 as well :cheers

Good performance by India.Comfortable win there.Srivastava Left hander looking all set for future..

Ponting_14, i think that you will have hard time finding a person on these forums who doesnt like the West Indies and i think that Scion probably respects them as much as you do.
What he said was true, at the moment they would need those 4 and more to be a good side. They are starting a slow recovery and this Under-19 squad looks better and more organised than the ones in the past years but they still have alot of problems and things to fix.

He was taking the **** with that comment. I'm quite sure most people who have posted around sid long enough know that (it's just most don't have the guts to say anything). He never shays away from having a little dig at other countries that are not named India, especially the smaller ones.

The West Indies don't need to develop another group of Garner-Holding-Ambrose-Marshal, to jump back up the world Cricket ladder. You could make a case that those 4 bowlers could all be in the top 10 list for greatest fast bowlers of all time. What an insane comment, even from sid.

Now, on todays cricket:

What the hell was with the wickets in Malaysia today? Looks like they were something that give batsman's nightmares at night.
lol.gif

From looking at the scoreboard, Australia were below average today, and I think I'm being pretty kind with that comment. I was looking forward to seeing Rose play his first game, and it looks like he put in a solid performance. Faulkner could be turning into an interesting prospect, but I'll hold off my judgment until he plays some first-class cricket first.

Going by the previous U-19 World Cups,i expected India to be a super-power in cricket.
Ever since 1998,India have always finished in the Top4 & have reached the finals twice.

Well yeah, I guess that should tell you how much this thing really means and how many of them turn out to be players.

Can't be arsed to write any more right now. It's been a long day.

Oh My god.You guys enjoying arguments so much..May be thats why you are here.Anyway again My Favorites for U-19 are Either pakistan or England.
Anyway anybody seen TOM-The bet Maker?Is he all right?

Dont worry, me and Mitch go long way back. But whoz TOM?

Tom is holiday in Berlin i believe.

Good win for the english today. The openng batsmen look very solid and in two games i believe that England havent lost a wicket. Stuart Meaker used to go to my school and was in my house so will be folloing him closely. Nice to see him do well 6 overs 2 for 6. Economy of 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread