Story 2009 Ashes Series

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can have a quality story without screenies, my friend. I've written quite a few stories that have depended on numerous other things, most specially writing. If you are not going to do graphics/screenshots I highly suggest trying out your writing skills. Perhaps do what you were doing in the last update but right more about the wickets, how the day was unfolding and then finally a paragraph or two at the end of the update to wrap up the days play.

Looking forward to it mate.

pelican102

School Cricketer
Siddle gets the wicket of Prior. He goes for 29 England now 403 for 5.

100 for Ravi Bopara

Helfenhaus gets the wicket of Bopara before lunch Bopara goes for 108 england now 6 for 464

at lunch England are 6 for 466 best bowler is hilfenhaus 3-102

2nd over after lunch Lee strikes and gets Flintoff for 8 England now 7 for 477

Lee strikes again his next over he gets Collingwood for 48 England now 8 for 482

Hilfenhaus gets Swann for 6 england now 9 for 494

and then Hilfenhaus gets the wicket off broad for 12 England all out for 499

best bowler 32.4-3-118-5(Ben Hilfenhaus)

Highest score 150(Kevin Pieterson)

pelican102 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

You can have a quality story without screenies, my friend. I've written quite a few stories that have depended on numerous other things, most specially writing. If you are not going to do graphics/screenshots I highly suggest trying out your writing skills. Perhaps do what you were doing in the last update but right more about the wickets, how the day was unfolding and then finally a paragraph or two at the end of the update to wrap up the days play.

Looking forward to it mate.

Cheers mate ill try that for my next update.:banana2

pelican102

School Cricketer
Phil Hughes and Simon Katich are walking out to bat and Phil Hughes doesn't look very confident but we will see how he bats as the day unfolds.

We were right Hughes goes caught behind from a marvelous delivery from Jimmi Anderson good catch by Collingwood Hughes only makes 2 very bad start for Australia well out comes Ponting.

Cracking delivery By Anderson again gets Ponting for 6 and he gets Bowled THe stumps flew all over the occy Very Very Very bad start for The Aussies out comes Clarke he needs to really step up this Innings and set the tone for the rest o the guys.

Clarke goes off 12 runs of 5 balls then he goes next over falls victim to Freddy Flintoff Caught in the slips guess Australia is batting very very very poor a couple of changes may come after this game.Out comes Micheal Hussey.

well we said her comes Hussey but there he goes getting run out very very bad batting Aussies are 35 for 4 her comes North.

Finally here is a 50 well played for Marcus North.Bu then Swann gets North for 69 Australia are now on 151 for 5.Here comes Haddin he needs a big innings.

50 for Simon Katich.

at the end of day 2 Aussies are 182 for 5 if Katich and Haddin bat well we could put our self in a good place.

Mick Atherton got the chance to catch up with Ricky Ponting all Ponting had to say was "We batted poorly and thats it i feel bad because i couldn't step up"

Haddin plays at a shot and very wide ball and payed for it edging it to Collingwood.Haddin goes for 29 aussie are now 222 for 6. out comes Lee.

Next ball katich goes for 82 falling LBW to Jimmi Anderson Should have been played on the front foot but goes back on the back foot and pays the ultimate price. Aussies are 222 for 7.

rtrd hurt now Hilfenhaus comes out.Lee goes for 7 gets a cracker of a ball from Swann And traps him infront great bowling from Swann and Aussie are asked to follow-on i will updating soon.for my follow-on

Highest score 82(Simon Katich

Best bowling 20-5-39-3(Jimmi Anderson)

Last edited:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
You have the right idea mate.

Try using pictures, colours, different fonts, etc, not so many lines in between paragraphs, one is fine, plus, there are lots of grammatical and spelling errors in there. You could have made Ponting talking to Atherton a bit longer, and a bit more of a feature, too.

Just some ideas.

Need the Australian batsmen to step up tomorrow to save this game.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Wahay, that update is much better, but keep on trying to improve. Add more, new ideas etc. just go for it. :) Like Jake said, perhaps use a spellchecker?

Aussies having to follow on is massive news for England. Jimmy Anderson was sensational and decimated the batting lienup with three wickets. Looking forward to Australia getting all out cheaply again.

pelican102

School Cricketer
Wahay, that update is much better, but keep on trying to improve. Add more, new ideas etc. just go for it. :) Like Jake said, perhaps use a spellchecker?

Aussies having to follow on is massive news for England. Jimmy Anderson was sensational and decimated the batting lienup with three wickets. Looking forward to Australia getting all out cheaply again.

Thanks for the encouragement lol.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Katich and North scored some vital runs but they needed but no one else backed him up. Jimmy bowled really well too.

Good stuff mate, just keep playing around with the updates to see what looks best. kiu!

pelican102

School Cricketer
Simon Katich and Phillip Hughes walk out they both need big innings to save Australia there is still a result in this match says Strauss and Australia but the result sounds likely for England unless The Aussie's fire.

Ok it's lunch on day 3 Hughes 25* and Katich 13* good start for the Aussies need atleast 50 from each of them though.

50 for Katich and 50 for Hughes Aussies really need this from the openers.At tea on Day 3 Hughes 66* Katich 60*.Hughes goes for 76 good innings inc comes Ponting who needs to have a good innings.Jesus crist Ponting fails once again getting out for 7 falling LBW to Jimmi Anderson shocking shot but great bowling to traget the weakness.100 for Simon Katich thank god we have someone like him in our side saving us from the jaws of defeat well played.Dam! Katich goes for 105 Bowled by broad

End of Day 3 England lead by 16 runs still Clarke 51* and Hussey 8*.Mick Atherton caught up with Ponting he said "I'm very happy with how we went with the bat today but I'm still kicking myself after the way i got out to Broad but good on Katich Hughes and Pup all making good scores and Clarke still going on 51* he coulod make a big score but we will see how it unfolds tomorrow".

Well What a start for England on day 4 Freddy gets Pup 4th ball.Here comes North and England take the new ball.Hussey gone for 34 caught in the slips of yet another wicket for Jimmi Anderson.Out comes Haddin.50 for Brad Haddin good innings.

Good stuff from Aussie there 379 for 5 at Lunch. i will finish this post tomorrow.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Get work for Australia, and the updates are looking lots better. :)

I don't want to look picky but spaces in between sentences looks good, and also it's Jimmy Anderson.

pelican102

School Cricketer
The batsmen walk out after lunch. Haddin comes out on 55* North on 43* both hoping to make maiden Ashes century's. Well played by Marcus North he brings up a fifty that has helped the cause of Australia dearly.

There goes Haddin caught behind of a peach of a ball he goes for 67 and here comes the tail they need to wag. Unbeliveable catch by Prior flick well by North and Prior dives a mile down leg to catch it. Out come Stuart Clark.

Flintoff strike once again getting Clark last ball of the over caught by Collingwood.There goes Lee playing a good shot just didn't read where the fieldsmen where definatley 4 maybe 6 if they weren't there Australia have to now defend a total of 160.with 1 day and a session and a half to go England look like they have it in the bag.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Flintoff got Clark, not Clarke. ;)

England should easily win this as they have kept Australia's total score right down and have the upper hand, completely. Your updates are progressing along nicely, and as long as you keep the frequent updates coming then you'll definitely improve. Perhaps look at my most recent update in my story for any ideas to change your presentation. Maybe a mini scorecard at the end of each update? Doesn't have to be graphics, just a simple:

Australia 2/5
Ponting 1*
Clarke 1*
Flintoff 4-1
Anderson 1-1

Just an idea, mate.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I actually enjoyed reading that.

Like Jaztheman said, try adding a mini scorecard down the bottom at wherever of your post.

Keep up the good work!

pelican102

School Cricketer
Hilfenhaus strikes early getting Alistair Cook early clean bowled and this match Alistar Cook has been shocing with the bat he goes for just 2 Dream start for Australia, England 3 for 1.

Then Lee strikes 3 overs later getting Pieterson LBW the previous over he had Pieterson for an LBW appeal which was not out then a caught behind appeal not out as well so Lee finally gets some justice. England now 2/13.

Its team on day 4 and Aussies have a lead of 133 but need 8 wickets England are now 27/2 Strauss 13* Bell 5*.

Hilfenhaus Strikes first over after lunch getting the key wicket in Strauss for just 13 England now 28/3. Dream start for the Aussies after lunch out comes Bopara. Hilfenhaus again with a beauty of a Inswinging yorker Bell didn't know what to do with it and it's gone around the bat and bowled him middle and off stump.With Aussie dominating the game now having England for just 32 for 4.

The injury of Peter Siddle is bad for we have to put Pup on only 27 overs into it lets see how he goes. What a bowling change Clarke gets the wicket of Mat Prior trys to Sweep it and gets caught at Bat Pad England now 105 for 5.

Theres has been a change in the bowling attack Clark off and North on. Lets see if spin can win it for us. Thats it England win by 5 wickets.

We got to catch up with the English captain at the end of the days play and Strauss said "That we won the game on our first innnings batting and bowling then in the 2nd innings it was all Australia's in the 2nd innings for both".

MOTM

ravi-bopara.jpg

Best bowler for the game

Ben Hilfenhaus 5 for 118

Highest scorer

Kevin Pieterson 150

I will continue with the second test this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread