2nd fastest spinner

nightprowler10 said:
Is that why he has been reported by the umpires so many times? Oh wait....

For a leg spinner to be reported even once is enough I think.

Afridi has been reported once.

2. The committee comprising of Abdul Qadir, Mohsin Kamal and Ejaz Fakih has cleared Pakistan's all-rounder Shahid Afridi's bowling action that was questioned during the series against England. The experts found no problem with the leg spinner's bowling action and cleared him.

SOURCE

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
Thanks.

And now your evidence that despite being cleared, his action is illegal.

It is humanly impossible to generate such pace from such small run up without actually throwing it .

Also it is quite visible that during his so called faster balls his action is quite jerky.

Jerky as in he seems to wait a bit longer to complete the delievery stride and his action.

Thats why and also its my point of view regarding .

Everybody like me are entitled to have thier views.

ronny_kingsley said:
It is humanly impossible to generate such pace from such small run up without actually throwing it .

Also it is quite visible that during his so called faster balls his action is quite jerky.

Jerky as in he seems to wait a bit longer to complete the delievery stride and his action.

Thats why and also its my point of view regarding .

Everybody like me are entitled to have thier views.
OK..... and now could you provide us with the evidence. If it's as obvious as you claim, this should be incredibly easy.

ronny_kingsley said:
Afridi clearly chucks for his "faster" ones infact he throws them straight forward.
:happy :happy Hello , here we go, someone added another Chucker to the list weldone :cool: .

He is not throwing the ball.

Afridi comes from an area in Pakistan called N.W.F.P (It's a state)

From there, a lot of Pathans are born. Pathans are generally exceptionally strong, and have their arms can do different things. (Like Shoaib Akhtar, although to my knowledge, he is not a Pathan.) Afridi can indeed put force into his upper and lower arm, to obtain that speed. In this manner, the arm is still straight, and cannot be considered chucking, although in one manner he is throwing the ball with his lower and upper arm. I repeat, this cannot be called chucking.

By the way, Warne does somewhatly of what Afridi does to get his massive spin. Remember the ball during The Ashes, it was a way wide ball, spun, and took Strauss's leg stump? He used the lower and upper arm, to obtain that spin. THIS IS NOT CHUCKING/THROWING. This is allowed, as the arm is straight.

(Ronny isn't going to respond to this post now :) )

thank You ZMario , hope all the people that call any player "chucker" now understand. if they dont i cant do much about it.

Thats right Zmario, the same as Malinga. Straight am. Malinga is frail, so his run up gets pace, but Afridi's arm is as big as a person's leg! He's incredibly strong, his batting shows that. Hitting those shots over and over again, great strength.

ZoraxDoom said:
Thats right Zmario, the same as Malinga. Straight am. Malinga is frail, so his run up gets pace, but Afridi's arm is as big as a person's leg! He's incredibly strong, his batting shows that. Hitting those shots over and over again, great strength.

Exactly, hitting them over and over again is an incredible thing to do. I hope all the peoples who think he is a slogger, would change their views.
btw, I reckon his test avg. is pretty decent enough. Can anybody tell whats his test avg??

Afridi Bowling Averages

Bowling averages

:cheers

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 40
Batting:

List A: 6727 Runs @ 25.57
First Class: 4280 Runs @ 31.24
Twenty20: 66 Runs @ 13.19 (Strike Rate 160.97)
ODI: 4767 Runs @ 24.06 (Strike Rate 108.36)
Tests: 1290 Runs @ 35.83 (Strike Rate 80.22)

Very Impressive! And he actually even has a below 100 Strike Rate! This should show people that he isn't a blind slogger...

Thanks Usy and Zorax,
Ya, pretty impressive test batting avg. A slogger can't have that sort of avg.
+ decent enough test bowling avg. for a spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread