2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Ripper there from Swann. Swann's flight is beautiful to watch. Clarke just feathered it off the glove.

2czecp.jpg

^Haha, now that's given me a laugh.

Broad looks like he has found abit of reverse swing here.

Why does Clarke decide now would be a good chance to show England what he can do? Just do the honourable thing, step aside and let Broady york you!

Clarke has always done this Simon. I can't recall any times where he actually performs in high pressure situations.

To be fair, he couldn't have had any more pressure on him than when he just came in. Once North fell, you could say the pressure was off, but till then...

Clarke has always done this Simon. I can't recall any times where he actually performs in high pressure situations.

Against NZ last November. He made 98 and the next highest score for Australia was 30 IIRC.

To be fair, he couldn't have had any more pressure on him than when he just came in. Once North fell, you could say the pressure was off, but till then...

Nope, the game was already over when Ponting went in my books. I don't even think Australia ever had pressure on them this innings - they aren't expected to win and doing so would be more than remarkable, it'd have to be the best 4th innings of all time.

Broad bowling well here, getting some reverse. Swann doing okay. Clarke seems totally unfussed...might be a good time to bring in one of Jimmy/Freddie to crank up the pace a bit and pitch it up.

5/300 would be a pretty enviable position at stumps, but I can't see them going that long without a wicket or at least something that looks like a wicket on first glance.

Users who are viewing this thread