A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC -XBOX PC Controller recommended

I have three email addresses (all with similar names so no need to worry about double accounts) and I use them for different things. It's free so what's stopping someone creating another 10? Can you view their IP?

Today I stepped out to the stores to buy a new gamepad. And unfortunately couldn't find any wired Xbox ones. But I did see some normal ones at Rs.499(around 8 dollars) which had vibration as well as 1 year warranty.
So I guess it wouldn't be too much for anyone to buy that if they want to play the game. Its definitely affordable for anyone in India who can afford the game and a machine to play it.

Today I stepped out to the stores to buy a new gamepad. And unfortunately couldn't find any wired Xbox ones. But I did see some normal ones at Rs.499(around 8 dollars) which had vibration as well as 1 year warranty.
So I guess it wouldn't be too much for anyone to buy that if they want to play the game. Its definitely affordable for anyone in India who can afford the game and a machine to play it.

bro please share the company name model no.
EDIT -visited a local store and found one at 220 Rs{local brand} with 6 months warranty had vibration support etc...playing GRID with it...awesome....

Last edited:
bro please share the company name model no.
EDIT -visited a local store and found one at 220 Rs{local brand} with 6 months warranty had vibration support etc...playing GRID with it...awesome....

It was this one. Flipkart

I didn't buy it though. I'll be going to a wholesale dealer today and check if he has a Microsoft one with him; would be cheaper too.

I can't believe this thread is almost 400 posts long, I really can't.

At the end of the day:
1 - A cheap, working controller will cost about 10% of what the actual game will; it's not a big financial burden by any stretch of the imagination. If the game actually did just cost $8 more than what it does then there wouldn't be anywhere near the discussion on that as there has been on the controller issue.
2 - If you really want to use a keyboard with very limited control over what you're doing because you just prefer it (for whatever reason) then you can always just install a virtual controller and assign keyboard controls to it.

Seriously...

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is almost 400 posts long, I really can't.
Although some of them were discussing the controls once they were announced quite a few of the posts are people not reading the title or the first page and asking whether you can use a keyboard. It baffles me sometimes.

Although some of them were discussing the controls once they were announced

Ooo, that's fair enough. I might actually give reading the start of the thread a go then. I keep popping in to see what's being discussed and it's generally just people whinging they can't afford and/or don't want to use a controller so I don't read very far back.

Honestly, the former is pretty much impossible - as I said, I don't think we'd have this much discussion if the game just cost an extra $10 outright for example - and the latter can be fixed with an application like vJoy (or a more sophisticated equivalent; it's not something I've really looked into much before, but they exist).

Ooo, that's fair enough. I might actually give reading the start of the thread a go then
The first post on the new controls after the first post was edited is no.253. I find it incredible how there was 252 posts about using a controller before then.

bought new ones for this game ..:D:D just a qustion...... controllers working in ca will work in the game too:eek: ?
bcox mine ones dont work in ashes 09:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
:noway:( :(

bought new ones for this game ..:D:D just a qustion...... controllers working in ca will work in the game too:eek: ?
bcox mine ones dont work in ashes 09:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
:noway:( :(

Good point, if your controller works in CA it will work in the game for sure.

Good point, if your controller works in CA it will work in the game for sure.

Well, this means I could probably prove my theory about vJoy right now if I had the inclination.

Not that I imagine you could find a way to bowl at all without analogue sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread