A Heart of Gold: A Pok?mon Story (Chewie v Iridium v Hedger)

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bloody Larvitar doesn't want to be caught!!! Took a while to catch a Lickitung, but that's the only thing I've managed to catch in this round :(

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
A Heart of Gold: A Pokemon Story ? Part 15

After all the commotion with Team Rocket, it was now time to face the gym leader. I headed there straight away.

Mahogony Town Gym

I stepped inside the gym and found out that it was freezing. The walls were frozen and the ground was very slippery from the ice. I assumed this gym was going to be an ice type pokemon gym. I slid all the way through the first room and onto the second room. There were two trainers here and I went to battle the first.

Skier Diana

Diana sent out a Jynx which was actually pretty highly leveled, while I sent out my Jolteon. Jolteon started off by using Double Kick, and it was a critical hit doing a fair bit of damage. She replied by using Ice Shard. One more double kick did the trick though as Jynx fainted and I had beaten the first trainer. I then moved and versed the second trainer.

Boarder Patton

Patton sent out a Swinub to start things off so I sent out my Espeon. Confusion did the damage as it took Swinub out in one hit. He then sent out another Swinub while I tested my luck with Dragonair. Dragonair used surf though and since Swinub was part ground, it was super effective and took it out in one hit. It seemed like it was going to be another easy gym. I slid around on the ice again but quickly found my way into the next room using the frozen rocks to help me.

Boarder Deandre

The first trainer in the room had 3 pokemon this time and started off by sending out Seel, while I used Jolteon. I tried zapping it with a ThunderShock and it seemed to do enough but Seel just hang on but missed me in his attack. Jolteon finished it off though with return. He sent out Dewgong next and Charge Beam was very powerful, doing a lot of damage. Dewgong asked for an encore and Jolteon obliged hitting it with one final jolt of electricity to take it out. Seel was the trainer?s final pokemon but it too succumbed to Jolteon?s electric power, after using Ice Shard

Boarder Gerardo

I slipped around on the ice some more before ending up in the path of another trainer. He sent out a Shellder to start off with while I sent out my Jolteon again. One ThunderShock did the trick taking it out in one hit. Cloyster was a much tougher opponent and I found out its defensive powers as Double Kick, which was super effective did barely any damage. The Shellder then confused me which got Jolteon so confused that it hurt itself instead and nearly costed him dearly but after giving it some lemonade, it hit the Cloyster with one final Charge Beam and took it out. Seel was his last pokemon but again Jolteon was too tough, one hit doing the damage.

Skier Jill

There was one final trainer in the road of the gym leader so I challenged her to a battle with my Jolteon while she sent out her Dewgong. Dewgong was pretty strong and held out my Jolteon?s Charge Beam very well before coming back at Jolteon with Aurora Beam. With increased Sp. Attack though, Jolteon killed the Dewgong with one final jolt of electricity and leveled up to level 32. Now it was time to face the gym leader, but I healed my pokemon first.

Gym Leader Pryce

I walked up to Pryce and we decided to battle straight away. She sent out a Seel while I sent out my Jolteon. Charge Beam did a decent amount of damage before Seel used Icy Wind to lower my Jolteon?s speed as well as do some damage. Jolteon then finished it off with ThunderShock and Pryce sent out Piloswine while I decided to throw in Dragonair. Surf was super effective on the part ground-type pokemon before it came close to taking me out with Blizzard but Dragonair avoided the attack just in time. Surf nearly killed it but it hang on before hitting this time with Blizzard, taking out Dragonair straight away. I then sent out Espeon to finish things off and a critical hit with Confusion was strong enough to take it out. Pryce then sent out his final pokemon, a Dewgong while I sent out Jolteon again to finish things off. Charge Beam was strong and did a fair bit of damage before Dewgong replied with Aurora Beam. I told Jolteon to use Double Kick hoping to do a bit more damage but Dewgong was still holding on before it used rest and recovered its health. It was now time to finish things off and Charge Beam again did a lot of damage. While Dewgong was still sleeping, Jolteon finished it off with Charge Beam and the Dewgong fainted and the 7th badge, the Glacier Badge was now mine. He also gave me the TM07, which was Hail. Now it was time to move on and get my 8th gym badge.

Party

Typhlosion ? Level 37, Flame Wheel, Lava Plume, Strength, Cut
Espeon ? Level 33, Return, Confusion, Headbutt, Sand-Attack
Jolteon ? Level 32, Double Kick, Charge Beam, ThunderShock, Return
Togekiss ? Level 30, Fly, Yawn, Extrasensory, Metronome
Dragonair ? Level 31, Whirlpool, Thunder Wave, Surf, Dragon Rage
Pupitar ? Level 31, Rock Smash, Dark Pulse, Thrash, Rock Slide

Pokedex

Seen 165, Obtained 116

Badges

Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge, Mineral Badge, Glacier Badge

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
A Heart of Gold: A Pokmon Story
Iridium - Part 14

After defeating Jasmine, I now had six Gym badges. But before heading back to Ecruteak, I wanted to revisit a certain place.

Safari Zone
It was now late at night and I decided to see what Pokemon I could obtain in the Safari Zone at night. I went through the areas and came away with a few:

Magneton (L17) | Wobbuffet (L16) | Haunter (L17) | Gastly (L17) | Marill (L16) | Hypno (L16) | Golduck (L17) | Psyduck (L16)

I could stay in the Safari Zone for days but I knew I had to resume my journey.

Route 42
After resting up in Ecruteak City, I headed east onto Route 42. As I travelled along, I saw three apricorn trees in small area surrounded by trees. As I entered to pick the tree, I got a huge shock as I saw Suicune standing right there. It gave a cry when it saw me and pushed me out of the way as it ran off. Like the previous encounteres with Suicune, Eusine came by. I was beginning to wonder if he was stalking me. He swore not to give up his quest for Suicune blah blah blah and went off.

As I neared Mahogany Town, there were a few trainers. There was a fisherman with a Qwilfish, a Poke Maniac with this Nidorino and Nidorina and a Hiker with his ground type Pokemon. It didn't matter what they were, my Pokemon were too strong.

Mt. Mortar
Before entering Mahogany Town itself, I thought I'd take a quick peek at Mt. Mortar. After a while exploring inside, I realised I couldn't actually get very far since there was a big waterfall in the way. It wasn't time wasted though. I managed to find some nice items and even battled a Nerd who had lost his friend, and a Poke Maniac who had a Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

Route 43
Here on this route, you could miss the large grassy area by going through the gatehouse, but I decided to take the grassy path. I fought my way through the trainers and arrived at the Lake of Rage

Lake of Rage
Lake of Rage. What an awesome name for a place. The one thing that wasn't awesome was that it started to rain. There was a little bit of commotion around and I soon saw why. Out in the middle of the lake, was a red Gyarados. Now I battled a fisherman earlier and his Gyarados was blue. The red Gyrarados was thrashing about. I decided to go out and try to catch it if I could.

I hopped onto Feraligatr and went out towards it. The moment we got close, it lunged forward to attack. Ferlaigatr fought frantically with it, hitting it with a few Crunch attacks. After a while, the Gyarados seemed to tire, which was my cue to try and catch it. I threw a Poke Ball at it and it was caught.

gyradosg.png

Gyarados | L30

As the water calmed after the battle, a Red Scale floated towards us. I picked it up and put it away, telling Feraligatr to head back to shore.

Once I back on dry land, I saw a red haired guy nearby. For a moment I thought it might have been Daniel, my rival, but after seeing his Pokemon, a Dragonite, I knew it couldn't be him. He introduced himself as Lance and praised me on my battle with Gyarados. He then outlined the problem that was going on. The Magikarp in the lake were being forced to evolve by means of a radio transmission coming from Mahogany Town. He asked if I would lend him a hand in stopping whoever was behind it. I readily agreed. Lance told me to meet him in the souvenir shop in Mahogany right away.

Team Rocket HQ
I hurried to the souvenir shop and saw Lance roughing up one of the guys in there. He then pushed aside a large mantelpiece which revealed a set of hidden stairs. Lance rushed in and I followed soon after.

I ran after Lance and past a statue of a Persian, which must have set off some sort of alarm. A person came towards me wearing the very familiar black top with a red 'R' in it: Team Rocket. I easily dispatched his Pokemon and did the same with the other Rocket that came running out. If this was the welcoming committee I got everytime I passed a statue, I knew I had to find a way to turn it off. I eventually came across a scientist who I easily beat. He then told me the security system was controlled from his PC. I turned it off and went on my way. Another Rocket Grunt confronted me. His team of Rattata was an embarrassment. He told me that on floor on front of me were some panels which were rigged to explode if I stepped on them. I chanced it and stood on one. Instead of an explosion, a Voltorb came flying out at me. Instead of battling it, I decided to catch the Voltorb (L23). I took the stairs down.

Lance was waiting for me down here and very kindly gave me some of his special medicine to heal my Pokemon. After this he was off again. Two more Rockets came towards me but were once again swept aside. I headed down more stairs.

Down here, Lance was roughing up another Rocket. I like the way this guy gets things done. He managed to find out that to reach the bosses office, we needed two passwords. We split up and tried to find them. Me and Pokemon battled each and every Rocket and Scientist here until we found that the two passwords were "RaticateTail" and "SlowpokeTail". With that I headed deeper into the hideout.

One more Rocket tried to stop me but failed just like the others. At this stage I was wondering why I didn't bother to call the police and let them deal with this. I found the door leading to the boss and just as I got closer, Daniel decided to show up. I braced myself for a battle but instead, he complained about the thrashing he must have got from Lance. He gave me a parting shove and left. I ran to the door and entered the two passwords. The door opened and I entered. There sitting at a desk was a man who claimed to be Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. However, this man looked and sounded nothing like the leader of a criminal organisation. Seeing the jig was up, the man revealed himself.

-Executive Petrel-

EthanChallenge.png
V
VSPetrel.png

Iridium v Pretrel

160.png
65.png
181.png
58.png
198.png
75.png
v
41.png
20.png
109.png

For an executive, he had woefully weak Pokemon. Alakazam dealt with Zubat and Koffing while Graveler Rock Smashed Raticate in the face. Too easy.

Iridium defeated Executive Petrel
Alakazam - 790 exp
Graveler - 595 exp
$880​

Petrel told me the password to the generator room but said that it would only open to the sound of his voice. With this little victory he got, he ran off, not before running straight into the wall. However, there was a Murkrow sitting in the corner. It came towards me and screeched out the password, which sounded almost the same as Petrel's voice. I thought I could use this Murkrow to open the door to the generator room. It was a long shot.

Murkrow took off and I had to try to keep up and try to shepherd it to the generator room. Eventually I got it there. It screeched the password out at the top of its voice, and the door opened. It had worked. Just as I was about to enter and shut this operation down, I heard someone telling me to stop. I looked back to see another Rocket Executive and a Grunt, looking decidedly unhappy. They were going to team up against me but Lance came through at the last minute. A two-on-two battle it was!

-Executive Ariana-

VSLance.png
EthanChallenge.png
V
VSAriana.png
HGSS_Rocket_Grunt_M.png

Lance & Iridium v Ariana & Rocket Grunt

149.png
160.png
65.png
181.png
58.png
198.png
75.png
v
24.png
198.png
44.png
96.png
88.png

Lance and I sent out Dragonite and Feraligatr whilst Ariana and the Grunt started with Arbok and Drowzee. Feraligatr used Crunch on Drowzee and Dragonite readied a Fly attack. Arbok used Glare to paralyse Feraligatr. The Grunt sent out Grimer which was then immediately struck with Dragonite's attack. Arbok used Glare on Dragonite, leaving Lane and I with two paralysed Pokemon. But they rose above this and alternated attacks. Dragonite took out Ariana's Arbok and Gloom while Feraligatr finihsed things of with an Ice Fang attack on her Murkrow

Iridium defeated Executive Ariana and Rocket Grunt
Feraligatr - 2889 exp
$2960​

Ariana said it didn't matter what happened to their hideout, that this radio transmission was only an experiment for things to come. With that, Team Rocket left. Lance and I tried to find a switch to turn of the generator but there was none. The only way to turn it off was to make the Electrode, who were providing electricity to the generator, faint. We split the job. I caught one of the Electrode (L23) and fainted the other two.

At last the transmission stopped. Lance said the lake would soon be back to normal. As a sign of appreciation for my help, Lance gave me HM05 (Whirlpool). With that he left.

I left the Rocket hideout and made my way to the Pokemon Centre. The Gym was open now as well, which meant my pursuit of a seventh Gym badge was close at hand.

Summary

Pokedex
Seen: 146| Obatained: 77

Badges
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
40px-Hive_Badge.png
40px-Plain_Badge.png
40px-Fog_Badge.png
40px-Storm_Badge.png
40px-Mineral_Badge.png

Party
Feraligatr - Lvl 34
Alakazam - Lvl 33
Ampharos - Lvl 33
Growlithe - Lvl 30
Murkrow - Lvl 30
Graveler- Lvl 31

Credit for pictures go to Marriland and Bulbapedia

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
What should we do up to after the gym leader? I reckon we just do the Radio Tower/Goldenrod Tunnel and then do the few routes and then the Blackthorn Gym in the next update.

Chewie

BCCI President
No idea. I'm on study leave atm. So I'm supposedly studying.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Maybe split it up a bit more. So after Pryce, deal with Team Rocket, then do the routes east of Mahogany and Ice Path, then do Blackthorn Gym.

Chewie

BCCI President
Well cos Blackthorn gym includes going into that cave thing I guess

Users who are viewing this thread