Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
County Season with Lancashire
Full Season
Tutsi v5.4
Sams Exe
Roster Update
Kit Update

A change behind the scenes at Lancashire has whipped up strom. A chap generally known for womanising and drug scandals has pumped his millions into the club in an effort to take them forward. He makes all the decisions these days, including what soap the players get to wash with after the match. Incidentally the soap was Dove because of its added moisturiser.
The most notable change is the promotion and new captain Andrew Flintoff now batting at no1, Gas believes the powerfull all rounder can be an inspiration to the team.

First Game sees Lancashire take on essex

Last edited:
Ok i had to start again so crap these screenshots

Advised to have your screen resoultion at 1152x864 :)

Last edited:
Day 1 Session1

Essex V Lancashire:

A hot day on a hard pitch! New captain Andrew Flintoff had no hesitation in batting on this track. He formed a healthy opening partnership with swann. Flintoff being the dominant partner throughout the partner ship. Gough proved expensive, and with the field in, any balls at flintoffs legs were either whipped away, or he played the slog sweep shot, with devestaing effect. Brant at the other end bowling left hand around the wicket was very good, infact he was almost doing a one man job. This saw Irani replace Gough at the other end. After Flintoff brought up hit fifty Irani caught him plumb lbw, a vital and much needed bowling change. Chilton came and went, another victim to Irani's excellent swing bowling. Essex fought back bravely and restricted the runs for the majority of the morning session.

Highlights from the session

Flintoff 50
15a8fc3b.jpg

Flintoff LBW
7fe2f111.jpg

Chilton LBW
4da6519d.jpg

Flintoff Spider
12bfc284.jpg

Lanc Part
84cecabe.jpg

Last edited:
very good run rate. Freddie would be disappointed for not having converted that 54 into a bigger score. But a fairly good start for Lancashire under their new owner ofcourse. Watch out Mr. Abramovich, the_gas is in town (or should i say in the country).

Day1 Session2

Lancashire's healthy run rate continued into the second session. Swann began to grow in confidence, and started batting slightly out of his crease in order to counteract the swing that Irani was producing. Just as Loye and Swann appeared to be getting wise to Irani's bowling, Loye played all around a straight ball and was clean bowled. So despite the healthy run rate, Essex had just enough to keep them interested. Its lucky that Lancashire cab batt right down till the lower order. Swann and Law built a nice 50 partnership. Swann reached a well worked half century, and definatly came out with more aggression after the first session of play. Unfortunatly he ran himself out, if he had carried on running he would have probably run law out, but it was the gracious thing to do. Hooper came to the crease shortly before the tea break. Essex introduced the off spin of Middlebrook. He had a mixed spell, bowling 3 maidens, yet still going for 18 runs. Lancashire blocked out the last 3 overs before tea, and finished on a decent run rate of just under 3.5 per over.

Swann 50
25339756.jpg

Swann Spider
650f08fd.jpg

Loye Bowled Irani
8d2a5481.jpg

a8d19266.jpg

a1c7c940.jpg

78306373.jpg

36c7d795.jpg

Last edited:
Ronnie Irani...3 wickets.....not bad, eh?

Good innings by Swann. Also two very experienced players in the middle at the moment for the Lightnings. I think you should try reaching 400 from here on.

Best of Luck.

i doubt that very much dude, ill settle for anything abouve 275 but cheers

Advised to have your screen resoultion at 1152x864
Who has a resolution like that? :)

But well done and very well presented too, good work mate

Day1 Session3

Essex bowled tightly afte the tea break, forcing the run rate to around 3 an over. Law and hooper really needed to put together a partnership, but Irani struck again clean bowling Law for 34.
This started a flurry off wickets with Chapple playing off his legs and being caught square. And Hooper charging down the wicket, just missing the ball it slipped between bat and pad and he was stumped. Hegg and Schofield arrived needing to bat out some time and accure a partnership. Which they managed to do, bringing up a much needed 50 run stand. However Gough started pitching deliverys up, and had immdeiate success clean bowling Hegg, and shortly after Cork for a duck. With only a few overs left in the day Schofield and Anderson managed to prevent the last wicket going down. Although Andersons last shot of the day, a forward defensive somehow penetrated the slip cordon. Lancashire will be hoping to get around 300, not a great score on this wicket, but at least they will have something to bowl at.

e4ae41a6.jpg

256de378.jpg

7ba118bb.jpg

b0d5c808.jpg

Highlights

Law Bowled Irani
3eb903e7.jpg

Chapple caught
2d8b697f.jpg

22964f12.jpg

Hooper missed the charge and was stumped
90e1c346.jpg

Hegg Bowled
cb38a88a.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of players getting good starts....but unable to carry on it seems.

I cannot resist the temptation of County Cricket, and I might start a county season story myself.

the thing you have to remember lad, is that i/we can print off all our stats, batting bowling averages etc, this is what drew me to county cricket :)

Users who are viewing this thread