Story A rookie's long road to fame **Match day vs WA, Disappointing end to the innings**

Great presentation dude, how you are managing to play the game unpatched is a mystery. Great work KUTGW.

Disappointment On Debut

After what had been a decent start, the match was definately going in the opposite direction. Seven wickets down and we needed 30 or 40 to win. There had been some little partnerships but nothing, to say the least, decent enough to ensure us victory. I was on the edge of my seat with every ball, hoping that each of them would go for four. Brad was going well but the tail wouldn't give him much strike. He was getting frustrated and couldn't do much when he got on strike.

Nathan Bracken was next to go after just going after it. He obviously wanted to get the job done but mistimed a hook shot which ended up in Gillespie's hands and Square Leg. In our situation that wasn't the best shot to play and we all new it. Our hope was gone we still needed 20 or 30 with two wickets left.

Cricket072008-11-2500-37-24-96.jpg

Enter Stuart Clark. I knew he had a repuation of not hanging around and could smack the ball around abit. But never once was I confident he could get us over the line. In a way selfish and unfaithful but I'd watched a fair amount of close matches to tell this was out of reach. Brad had a little more strike but he still looked bogged down.They rotated the strike a little bit but it was Stuart who blinked first. Caught in just the same way as Nathan. The Hook shot. We Were still 27 behind. Stuart MacGill went in just to block out really.
Cricket072008-11-2500-40-35-94.jpg

Brad managed to get a six away but that was our final boundary. The guys made 17 out of the remaining 27 and we fell 10 short, courtesy of Dan Cullen. He bowled Brad round his legs and we were done. Defeated. I never liked Cullen from Watching him on TV, and i still don't now I've seen him in person. Tall thin weed like figure, obnoxious too. When we went to shake hands, he acted like a smart arse trying to show. I just wanted to punch his head in but i restrained myself. I didnt want an assault charge on my hands. And besides i was just too gutted with the loss. I was looking ahead though to our next match. A first class match against Western Australia.

Cricket072008-11-2500-47-31-73.jpg

Cricket072008-11-2500-48-02-33.jpg

How did Haddin get bowled around his legs from an off-spinner? :help

Dreadful result there for NSW. SA got away with a win there. Much improved with the presentation and setting out (headings and better writing etc). Well done! :)

Dreadful result there for NSW. SA got away with a win there. Much improved with the presentation and setting out (headings and better writing etc). Well done! :)

Thats what i cant figure out. thanks for the kind comments

Unlucky with the loss but to be honest none of your batsmen excelled other than Haddin, who was your only resistence. You didn't get hammered though which was good but hopefully you can change your form and beat Western Australia in your next match.

The layout is better as LH said and the writing is very good.

im not sure i think it was the wrong-un that turned too much

I didn't used to like the stories that you presented but I'm really enjoying reading this one! Top Work Mate!

im not sure i think it was the wrong-un that turned too much

Mate, and off spinner doesn't have a wrong-un, a wrong-un spins the same way as an off spinner. I'd imagine he was bowled around his legs from a ball that spun from off to leg, or a doosra/arm ball.

Time to find security

After our loss to South Australia, I headed home. Pretty disappointed, I rushed home and tossed my stuff across the room. It was about just after dinner about 6:30 or so when i decided to check my email. There was two emails from the NSW cricket board both saying that i should invest in a manager, and there were at least 15 or 16 emails from agencies wanting to be my manager. I was unsure of all of this so i called Coach.

I was on the Phone about 20 minutes and coach gave me the idea of setting up interviews with each agent. I made some calls and within a couple of hours i had interviews set up for the next day. Coach was gonna be there to help me as i haven't got a clue what im doing.

The Interviews ran smoothing and it was now down to me to decide who would be my manager.

This was the one i chose

nikki.jpg

Not only was she professional she was hot too, Despite the fact i already had a girlfriend. So this relationship was strictly professional. The next problem was our 4 day game against Western Australia. I had to be mentally focused to hopefully ready to face a hardy attack.

Mate, and off spinner doesn't have a wrong-un, a wrong-un spins the same way as an off spinner. I'd imagine he was bowled around his legs from a ball that spun from off to leg, or a doosra/arm ball.

thats the one i meant but i couldn't remember wat it was called

Not only was she professional she was hot too, Despite the fact i already had a girlfriend. So this relationship was strictly professional. The next problem was our 4 day game against Western Australia. I had to be mentally focused to hopefully ready to face a hardy attack.

Suuuuuure! :D

I hope your batsmen play a bit more calmly against Western Australia.

I worked it out, I looked back, and it's a left hander. A standard off-break spins it away from a left hander, thus him being bowled around his legs.

I'm stupid to have not checked it before.

Jakester1288 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Loving this story mate, I wish I could get Cricket 07 screenshots and stuff, but I can't cause I play on PS2.

Not only was she professional she was hot too, Despite the fact i already had a girlfriend. So this relationship was strictly professional.

Yeah right!

You have a girlfriend? What she doesn't know doesn't hurt her. :p

Great update there, the presentation is good and the writing is very good. Looking forward to the next update.

Loving this story mate, I wish I could get Cricket 07 screenshots and stuff, but I can't cause I play on PS2.

You have a girlfriend? What she doesn't know doesn't hurt her. :p

Great update there, the presentation is good and the writing is very good. Looking forward to the next update.

yeah i do in real life, we're kind of having a rocky patch at the moment.

thanks for the kind comments guys

Users who are viewing this thread