A T20 draft...cricket_icon & swacker's picks

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The talent distribution among the better teams in this draft seems fairly even, after that it's just a matter of whether the XI has the balance that I PERSONALLY LIKE. eg. In T20, I personally like teams that play bowling all-rounders at 7 rather than batting all-rounders as is the trend with teams like Australia (or sometimes India). I just think in T20 you are going to need an extra bowling option more often that you need an extra batsman. Extra bowling options gives captains power to create matchups with batsmen that he WANTS, rather than trying to squeeze in a bowler's overs when they will do the least damage.

Balance-wise I think Fenil's probably built his team closest to my philosophy, so I'd probably pick his XI to play for me if mine were unavailable for some reason. I also like what Stinky and Aoun came up with. Talented teams indeed.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I didn't even notice that you'd gone without a keeper.

Me neither :lol

And which teams do I like?

Fenil's WA team look scarily strong, and User's team has deep batting, and they're all hitters, although it might be quite easy to roll them over too. Sifter's team has a lot of depth too.

I'd fancy my team against most of the others, we're better than the sum of our parts, which are better than they look at first. The question is, has T20 changed too much for someone like Graeme Hick?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^I don't think it's changed too much to exclude Hick. I think quality batting will still do very well. If anything, sometimes teams OVERTHINK tactics now and would be better off going back to the 'dark ages' of T20 back when it began.

Found this article on Cricinfo where they have attempted to list the best T20I players as judged by stats...ICC World Twenty20 Ranking | ESPN Cricinfo
Best 15 batting records in T20Is were found to be:
Pietersen, Watson, Gayle, Kohli, McCullum, Yuvraj, Warner, Morgan, Raina, Kallis, M.Hussey, Smith, Dilshan, Duminy & Sangakkara

Best 15 bowling records in T20Is were found to be:
Mendis, Vettori, Tait, Nannes, Steyn, Ajmal, Bond, J.Taylor, M.Johnson, Swann, Mohammad Amir, Bracken, Umar Gul, M.Morkel & Shahid Afridi

And because we are so smart we picked nearly ALL of those players :D Only ones weren't picked were Mohammad Amir and Nathan Bracken (although Bracken was picked as a coach). Doesn't count domestic T20s though of course. I personally like those lists because it makes my bowling attack look awesome: Mendis and Vettori top 2, and Jerome Taylor and Mitch Johnson up there too :thumbs

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You're replacing an English player picked in his round with a Pakistani?:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread