Another draft!-Test players of the 90s and later - FINISHED!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
User- Solid openers. Very good 3-5. Bravo is neither a good batsman, nor a good bowler. He promises a lot, but delivers little. Prior is a fantastic pick. Rafique is a bad choice considering he's your 2nd spinner, I guess it's not horrible. But definitely sets your team back a few points. Zaheer Khan is all class and Ntini is very underappreciated. Very good bowler. McGill was also a good bowler and who knows how his career would have gone if Warnie wasn't there to spoil his party.

Agree with Bravo delivering little. But, he's not bad. Rafique, you know was the only good option available that time. It was he or Ray Price. I was the last to pick, remember? I went for him ahead of Price for his little bit of batting.

Overall, I agree with Sifter that no team can be considered as best. It comes down to an individual. I though like Shravi and Sifter's teams other than mine. Aouni has a lot of good picks too, so that's another option.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Mathew Hayden
2. Chris Gayle
3. Graham Thorpe
4. Michael Hussey
5. TM Dilshan
6. Brendon McCullum (wk)
7. Lance Klusener
8. Heath Streak
9. Anil Kumble (c)
10. Allan Donald
11. Mohammad Asif

I am more then happy with my team. In the end it is seam bowling attack which can win matches for my team. New ball attack is pretty good with Donald to bowl some pace and swing while Asif to just tease the batsmen with his line and length bowling. First change bowler will be Streak and he is pretty good in almost all conditions to back the opening seam attack. Bowling has variety and can perform under any sort of conditions even if the pitch is spin friendly, you can have Kumble and Gayle.
I have Klusener as my main all-rounder and he is pretty good both with bat and ball. It will be a good edge to have a 4 fast bowler attack and all with having good pace (above 80 MPH).

Batting to me is good too. Openers are just fantastic and they have proven their worth in all situations under all sort of conditions. Graham Thrope is a reliable No.3 batsman and he has a pretty sound defence too which is most important for a No.3 batsman. Having Hussey is another plus, he is sound in defence and can attack too when it is required plus I feel he should bat at number 3 since he has a habit to play even best under tough situations but since he usually do no batted at that position so I am happy to have him at number 4. Dilshan was a little crazy pick by me as I should have gone for Aravinda de Silva but I just overlooked him and picked Dilshan who is also improving day by day and has over 4000 runs at an average of 43.5.

Brendon was just a choice made solely on the basis that I should pick my keeper early. He is pretty handy with the bat and can change disadvantage of his team into advantage in no time but obviously not as reliable as Prior or Gilly. Major plus for Brendon is that he is a great fielder/keeper which is necessary with such a fast bowling attack.

Klusener also is pretty good with the bat and possess and average of above 30 which is very good for my team.

Rest are tail ender but it is worth mentioning that Kumble too have a 100 under his name which makes this line-up more flexible.

Overall a very good team but but I feel I should have opted a good middle order player then Dilshan.

Users who are viewing this thread