AC09 file formats

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Transmission should distribute W32 extractor. That will solve everything. Game sales will sky rocket.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Transmission should distribute W32 extractor. That will solve everything. Game sales will sky rocket.

Agreed, P.C. should put it to them. People will still buy the game, so they won't lose out on sales, but more people will buy the game because they'll be aware of the patches.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think more people will buy it if they knew it can be bought close to realism.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
If they really wanted the game to be editable, they would have used a documented format or a more straightforward one.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
07.08.09 is the reason for mess. This game was rushed.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If they really wanted the game to be editable, they would have used a documented format or a more straightforward one.

So do you reckon we're going to have to rely on Transmission for AI this time? What about graphical aspects - can they be edited?

Hitterman

International Coach
Thanks for your efforts Sibis but the thing is that Codies W32 format is an archive and it's a unique format.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thanks for your efforts Sibis but the thing is that Codies W32 format is an archive and it's a unique format.

Sounds like:

images

to me, I'm afraid. Well, if Transmission are going to shut out the editors, they bloody better fix the issues in the patch! I spent a long time collating all the points in that patch thread.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think they will resolve all your issues in new game rather than a patch. The game is already selling like hotcake with all bugs and they will probably be working on 2011 game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Unless your on the Wii version, where the AI has been cracked.

Great!!!!!!! :sarcasm

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I think they will resolve all your issues in new game rather than a patch. The game is already selling like hotcake with all bugs and they will probably be working on 2011 game.

If that's the case, it's not good enough. The game has shipped with far too many stupid little bugs that could and should be fixed in a patch.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Isn't Wii version re modified BLIC 07?

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I spent an hour on doing it the hard way only to find out that it can be accomplished by a simple edit. :doh
You just have to set CrowdEnable = 1 in display.opt file that should be in C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo on Vista and somewhere similar on XP.

Respect for you mate. Thanks :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Quick note to say that the profile usrstat file is easily editable to get the unlocks should you wish to kit your players out with bats etc earlier.
Imagine an editor might surface for that at some point too.
Fields are stored in the user.dat.

Users who are viewing this thread