AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

I've completed the second test, here's the summary.

I'm a little concerned the AI keeps getting out for fairly low totals now my bowling is more accurate. They play securely enough for a little while and then just get out. Maybe custom fields (and changing the delivery from the original choice) had something to do with it in the first innings. However, in the second innings I stuck to the field placings that come with the game. For the first four or five wickets I changed the delivery type a fair bit, but for the remaining wickets (when I remembered...) I didn't change the type of delivery whilst running in.

There were a couple of run outs in that innings as well, including Ponting. The run outs were tight, but were a little silly. I reckon the size of the Lord's outfield (and perhaps the English grounds in general) is perhaps causing confusion for the AI. If the ball went deep into the outfield the AI would run the first two normally, but they then stopped, then started the third when the fielder had the ball in his hands, resulting in a lot of extremely tight decisions.

More testing is required but I still maintain this is the most fun I've had in any cricket game. :)

Nothing a little bit of stat editing won't sort out I'm sure. You might just have to make your bowlers worse as you get better. I don't think it will need tweaking to the point of the ridiculous like people were trying before the patch (0 timing, etc.).

I think there's always going to be the compromise between the AI being all but impossible to get out (and therefore boredom) and the team getting out for too little.

I am enjoying reading these arguements lol. Seriously, we should have a thread in which you can write anything you want. A seperate thread for silly people. By the way, will the original patch work with the online version of the games? I thought that i should ask this because maybe some of the secret testers can answer this question.:D

Off topic but just want to know how many people here type without looking at their keyboard? Just cureous!:laugh

Last edited:
Yeah I must concur with Stevie...I never thought Id enjoy a cricket game more than I did BLC99 but I am. This patch has worked miracles and its seriously fantastic. Picked up on a couple of silly glitches like hitting the ball through the covers past the in-field and then some poltergeist intervenes and the ball reverses toward the pitch! Happened twice but luckily it never resulted in anything catastrophic!

Also I think the short cover glitch is still there. Chose a field which included the short cover to see if i the error had been fixed but within 2 overs I had Shah caught there by some ridiculous reflexes. I mean...AB de Villiers is good, but dang!

I know this isnt a bug but more an omission so we wont see it fixed, but I would have loved to see the names of your players appear in the field editor - its terrible to see Herschelle Gibbs at fine leg and some slow plonker with holes in his hands around point/gully. Oh well theres always a next release! :P

I am enjoying reading these arguements lol. Seriously, we should have a thread in which you can write anything you want. A seperate thread for silly people. By the way, will the original patch work with the online version of the games? I thought that i should ask this because maybe some of the secret testers can answer this question.:D

Off topic but just want to know how many people here type without looking at their keyboard? Just cureous!:laugh

I alywts lok at my ke709boe0-an anyway idontfinkineedtopunctuate andifu dontlikeit ok butido respectu ennyways:)

uve lost no respect from me but slaphead slaphead punctuations, got no to do with crik so u lost respect may b

Let me hgiv it a go as well May be ai m too bad or may be i am not who knows.. well ok may be ii shoudl stop now.

Has the patch fixed AI run rates anyone?

@ Tom & Brook, I agree with you both. I'll probably do one more test before I start fiddling with the player editor, seeing as my batting is still sufficiently fragile. I was 102-6 in my second innings so I still have some work to do there.

Out of interest, all the guys that have said the batting is too easy, how are you playing the game? Are you playing T20's, using the lofted shot all the time, moving the batsmen around the crease? I ask because I played a T20 against Ireland (yes, I know....) last night and did this to their bowling attack, predominantly using lofted shots.

Cricket20092009-09-2304-32-21-67.png

I've also just quit a T20 against Australia because it was too easy using lofted shots (288 for 4 after 15 overs).

^ Great work on Beta 1 of the patch , any idea when Beta 2 should be out ?

I'm impressed by the improvements this Beta patch has made to the game. I have seen no occurences of the run out bug and the bowling has been improved for the player 100%.

One thing I did notice, at the beginning of a Test match playing as England against Australia, in the first few overs there were several overthrows, far too many than would happen in real life. After about the first 6-8 overs, there were no more overthrow problems to be seen.

Batting (on Hard), seems to reflect real life batting, don't take risks early in your innings, play yourself in and you should be ok. Impatience got me out several times.

Originally Posted by Kirisute_Gomen
uve lost no respect from me but slaphead slaphead punctuations, got no to do with crik so u lost respect may b
hhhhiy u period space u ken knot mike funn oph mi ingleesh period space aalso comma vee nid nyew deescustion tread period

Hahahhahahaha!
ken ju pleece..... ughm ughm, sorry! Can you please find a solution to the patch not being compatible with online version of the games. I bought mine from Steam and the patch doesn't work with it. I am saying this to yu since it says "Transmission Games Representative" under your name.

Users who are viewing this thread