AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

When you've worked with publishers in the past have you ever had to 'submit' to the publisher who would then go to the platform holders - or is that certainly something that Trickstar would be doing directly?

Reason I ask is that submitting a build to 505 is about the only possible 'explanation' for that statement not being an outright lie.

So, more 'tweaks' needed perhaps? Let's start guessing the new feature destined for DLC.

I haven't worked with 505 but around 10+ others. They all pretty much work the same.

You give serious internal QA on the game, make a master if all is good and then submit to the publisher. They then have internal or external QA verify that it is compliant, they will have already made sure in prior builds that it is to their expectation with regard to graphical quality, gameplay, etc..

They then submit to the platform holders but the developer generally gets copies of the reports. Playstation sends reports throughout the process, so you can fix things as they arise, Xbox does not (this adds time to the resubmission process if it is required.).

Last edited:
Well you could say that their campaign...

*takes off glasses*

burned out

Yeah!

They poor buggers: they would have been thinking to themselves as they got the material from 505 and Trickstar: so from this pile of dog poo you want as to make the crown jewels?

That said, I am not here for rhetorical questions.
Or are you?

You give do serious internal QA on the game, make a master if all is good and then submit to the publisher. They then have internal or external QA verify that it is compliant, they will have already made sure in prior builds that it is to their expectation with regard to graphical quality, gameplay, etc..
So assuming submission attempts cost money, perhaps 505 are so certain of failure with what they got they didn't submit?

I wont tell anyone: you can confide in me Ross. Anything else you would like to confide in? There is no-one here......

I have lost all interest in them and their ways. My money will not be going in that direction whatever they come up with.

Sorry, that was the only thing I had for today.

Everyone here will buy Ashes, whenever it arrives.

Or are you?

So assuming submission attempts cost money, perhaps 505 are so certain of failure with what they got they didn't submit?

There's no point submitting if you are *certain* of failure as both Sony and Microsoft are onto that and they will punish you by taking a longer time on your next submission if the initial on is really bad - they do not like being treated like a QA dept.

The submission costs compared to the budget are not significant.

Ross, Where is your QA in India!! Il go and ask them if they need any extra personnel :D

sorry all, this is totally the wrong thread for all of this.

PS: Aussie Aussie Aussie!! How did Pietersen survive that over!

Users who are viewing this thread