AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

I think the Floating Head and the Reversed Bat are an integral part of the game. It is perhaps considered as a special effect :)

505 and Trickstar are not competent enough to fix this anomaly and are providing authentic screenshots which reflect their actual product. :facepalm

It would have literally taken me 3mins to photoshop that stupid reverse-sticker bat into resembling a proper cricket bat and I would've done it for free. That's the most annoying thing about that article, and I make Naveenncc comedy-art for giggles... Amateur hour marketing.

Goes to show how much they really care at this point and how much pride they take in their product. I have never seen such buggy images released to the media as part of marketing/promotional campaign.

Last time they ran away after game released.

This time they are on their bike even before it releases

Pathetic. This game is a complete joke. They are just making fool of themselves

Remind me not to ever buy from these guys

Last edited:
I hate myself for pre ordering this game and now I'm left with the choice of getting a credit for what I payed for. I thought they were going to release an in game footage before a week to the release. Sucks to be me.:facepalm just wasted $ 80 for nothing

I hate myself for pre ordering this game and now I'm left with the choice of getting a credit for what I payed for. I thought they were going to release an in game footage before a week to the release. Sucks to be me.:facepalm just wasted $ 80 for nothing

80$ ?????

$80 :eek: Did you order a console version?

One thing is almost certain: this game is going to be appalling.

Hahaha.. Hyperbole, thy name is Jimmy. That is far from "certain" - we have absolutely no reason to believe the game isn't great either because we've literally seen FIVE images and nothing else. Horse hasn't bolted yet, imo. Just wait for reviews... They will tell the truth.

Hahaha.. Hyperbole, thy name is Jimmy. That is far from "certain" - we have absolutely no reason to believe the game isn't great either because we've literally seen FIVE images and nothing else. Horse hasn't bolted yet, imo. Just wait for reviews... They will tell the truth.

I don't see how that follows. This is from the team that made AC09 and IC10 so I've actually got more confidence in the AC13 gameplay than the Big Ant gameplay.

Absolutely agree: in my mind I make a clear distinction between the game, which i reckon is going to be decent enough to give a good game of cricket, and the way in which the whole marketing and community feedback is being handled. The first still has to have the chance to prove itself and the second is just shambolic.

I don't get the people saying that because PR is bad the game is bad. Of course on the other side of the coin just because PR is good doesn't mean the game is good........

just because PR is good doesn't mean the game is good...

This guy gets it.

For all we know the game is incredible, but we just DON'T KNOW because we haven't seen much of anything. That's the frustration, really. You have to separate the two.

I don't know why people pre-order games anyway, I don't see the benefit to it.

Can understand people's scepticism about the game though, five buggy screenshots a week before release. Dreadful, non-existent marketing, and I bet they will claim there is no market for a cricket game if nobody buys it.

Last time around I wasn't on PC and saw an advert for IC2010 at Lords when I was watching the test vs. Bangladesh, that's how I know it existed, how many people outside of PC know that AC13 is coming out, or even ion development at all?

I don't know why people pre-order games anyway, I don't see the benefit to it.

In some cases, it means getting the game the day before release; companies also frequently add bonuses for pre ordering. For example, when I pre ordered Xcom Enemy Unknown, I got Civ 5 for free. In this case however, there doesn't appear to be any reason to pre order; I'm not even buying the game until I see some good reviews.

I'd have imagined some sort of advertising campaign at the Champions Trophy. Though advertising costs may have been high maybe a little campaign outside the ground or creating awarenes in any sort of capacity may would have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread