afl.gif

Fremantle Dockers
thumb.jpg
V
Port_Adelaide_Football_Club_logo.gif
Port Adelaide Power

Subiaco Oval-Perth Round 1

Weather-Fine, Sunny, Hot

G'day everyone, today we are gifted with a mouth drooling clash at Subiaco Oval in hot conditions. Some players have the zinc across the face, and the weather will play a big factor in who wins this match. So Fremantle and Port Adelaide are battling it out today for first round points. Let us get down to the middle for the toss with Fremantle Captain Matthew Pavlich and Port Adelaide Warren Tredrea.

Umpire- G'day everyone, Warren heads or tails?

Warren Tredrea-Heads

Umpire-No, it is tails, which way Matthew?

Matthew Pavlich- Subiaco end mate

So Matthew Pavlich has won the toss and Fremantle are kicking to the Subiaco end which is with the slight breeze. Let us get started for the bounce.

Quarter Time-Fremantle lead in first term
The dockers lead in a low scoring tough contest. Crowley kicked the opening goal shortly followed up by Josh Carr for Fremantle extending their lead to over 2 goals before Thurstans and Burgoyne pegged the margin back.

Half Time-Fremantle get 11 point lead in low scorer

Fremantle have extended their narrow lead to 11 points at half time. Pavlich booting the Dockers only 2 goals for the quarter, but the Power only answered with 1 goal from Salopek

3 quarter time-Fremantle lead in tough conditions

In a higher scoring affair in the 'premiership quarter' both teams put more goals on the board the power 4 goals to Fremantle's 3 as they still lead.

Dockers Win in a thrilling consest!

In a absolutely thrilling contest right until the final whistle. Matthew Pavlich Booted six for Fremantle as they charged home with just !6! Seconds left on the clock. Pavlich having a ping from outside fifty and spearing it through the middle sending the purple haze jumping in the crowd. The final score-

Fremantle Dockers: 10-17-77
Port Adelaide:10-14-74

Men of the Match Fremantle-Matthew Pavlich

Matthew Pavlich was simple breathtaking booting six goals 5 behinds and picking up 28 touches. Including the winning goal

pavlich1.jpg

Pavlich Celebrating the Winning Goal

Men of the Match Fremantle- James Walker

James Walker tried hard in the heat all day picking up 26 disposals and eight marks. He played on the wings and the back flank finding the sherrin at all parts of wide Subiaco Oval

walker.jpg

Walker kicks during today's match

Men of the Match Port Adelaide- Shaun Burgoyne

Burgoyne where one of the many Port players who suffered leather poisoning. Picking up 42 touches and 1 goal. He was clean with the ball from start to finish.

burgoyne.jpg

Burgoyne Gathers during todays match

Men of the Match- Port Adelaide- Brad Symes

Brad Symes was simply unbelievable picking up 47 touches! Including six marks he was best on ground in a breathtaking performance.

symes.jpg

Symes flying high in todays match

Match Wrap Up-

teamstats1.jpg

otherresults1.jpg

gamelineup.jpg

FREMANTLE DOCKERS BY 3 POINTS AGAINST PORT ADELAIDE POWER AT SUBIACO OVAL!

Yeah, :D, but updates should come today. The game is Fremantle V Essendon. I was so nervous in the final term of that game i updated there. Port kicked like a goal with 2 minutes to go, next thing i know it goes full time i thought i lost but Pavlich booted it through. Massive relief:D

soz guys i just deleted some of the photobucket pictures unaware that i was actually deleting the pics used for the other update, so sorry about that.updates will be coming as soon as i can get them on.

AFL_logo.jpg

thumb.jpg
afl_ebfc.gif

Fremantle Dockers V Essendon Bombers
Telstra Dome, Easter Sunday Round 2

Weather-Fine, cloudy, cool

Welcome everyone and Happy Easter for this clash between the Essendon Bombers and the Fremantle Dockers. The dockers obviously coming off a terrific win back at home against the Power so they will be looking to do the same today. But there has been a few kicking problems this year, but that shouldn't be a problem today because there is no wind to speak of whatsoever. The roof isn't and it is slightly overcast but should clear up towards the end of the game. Lets get down to the middle for the toss.

Umpire- Matthew your call

Matthew Pavlich- Heads this time

Umpire- Heads it is, which way than?

Matthew Pavlich- Left

So Matthew Pavlich has won the toss, and is kicking with the very very slight breeze which is to the left of where we are sitting. So without further or do lets get ready for the bounce here at Telstra Dome.

Quarter Time-Tight First Quarter Leave Scores Tied Up

It is all tied up here at Telstra Dome the Dockers 3 goals 7 behinds 25 to the Bombers 4 goals 1 behind 25. It was a entertaining first term, and leaves much to be desired for later

Half Time Bombers lead in tight struggle

The bombers have managed to bring a margin in this tight contest scoring in the dieing seconds of the first half to lead 7 goals 2 behinds 44 to the dockers 5 goals 9 behinds 39

3 Quarter Time- Essendon look goods at 2 quarter time

The bombers played good fast football in the 3rd term but only managed to get a lead of 7 points. The bombers 10 goals 6 behinds 66 to the dockers 8 goals 11 behinds 59.

Full Time-Bombers take out match by 15 points

The Bombers have run away with the match beating the dockers by 15 points. The scores Essendon 13 goals 10 behinds 88 to Fremantle 10 goals 13 behinds 73.

Men of the Match Fremantle- Michael Johnson: Johnson was dominate for Fremantle at half back picking up 35 disposals including 22 kicks and 13 hand passes. His disposal was clean all day.

12960.jpg

Johnson gets a kick away in the final term of todays match

Men of the Match Fremantle-Justin Longmuir: Longmuir was terrific all day ending up with 3 goals 1 behinds and 21 touches including 5 marks.

35949.jpg

Longmuir gathers in the sun during todays game

Men of the Match Essendon- Matthew Lloyd: Lloyd was dominate in the forward booting 6 goals straight and picking up 15 touches.

2366.jpg

Lloyd prepares to load up during todays match

Men of the Match Essendon- Mark McVeigh: McVeigh played well for his 24 disposals, he ran hard all day, and competed at every contest.

5499.jpg

Mcveigh gathers during todays game

Match Wrap Up:

2teams.jpg

2lineup.jpg

2otherresults.jpg

Last edited:
Ypu have presented this story beautifully. Although i don't know the rules of AFL and how to play the game but still I found this story really nice :). All the best for Dockers in their next match.

Hey guys i will try and update tonight. Because i am going to school camp tommorow so i will be a away for like 4 or 5 days. So expect updates either tonight or ages away:p All comments would be much much appreciate including constructive comments,tips,ideas, and positive feedback.:D

AFL_logo.jpg

thumb.jpg
team-logo-eagles.gif

Fremantle Dockers V West Coast Eagles

Round 3 Subiaco Oval- Perth- Saturday Night

Weather-Fine, Cool, Clear Night

Good afternoon everyone, and welcome to this Saturday night Derby obviously being the Fremantle Dockers and this time hosting the West Coast Eagles at Subiaco Oval. The dockers coming off a loss against Essendon last week and the Eagles losing their game by 10 points against the magpies. Let us get down to the middle for the toss.

Umpire- Darren Heads or tails?

Darren Glass- Heads thanks mate

Umpire- It is a tail, which way Matthew?

Matthew Pavlich- Subiaco end mate

So Fremantle Skipper Matthew Pavlich has won the toss and is kicking to the Subiaco End in the first quarter which is favoring the breeze here at Subiaco Oval. Lets get ready for the bounce.

1/4 Time- Inaccurate Eagles Dominate First Term

The West Coast Eagles have dominated this quarter leading 4 goals 11 behinds 35 to the Fremantle Dockers 1 goal 2 behinds 8.

1/2 Time- Fremantle Fighting Back

The Dockers dominated the all of the second term kicking 9 goals 1 behinds to finish 10 goals 3 behinds 63. The Eagles only managed 3 goals for the term to finish the first half trailing 7 goals 18 behinds 60.

3/4 Time- West Coast Run Away with large lead

West Coast dominated kicking 6 goals to the Dockers who only managed 2. They finished the quarter 13 goals 26 behinds 104 to Fremantle 12 goals 6 behinds 78

4/4 Time- West Coast Run Out Winners

Fremantle have lost 2 in a row and West Coast have got on the Board for Season 2008 with a comprehensive 28 point win. West Coast where terrific besides their terrible kicking for goal the final score:

channel7resultsoq9.png

Men of the Match Fremantle- Matthew Pavlich

Pavlich played one of his greatest games for Fremantle but it was not enough to get his team over the line. Pavlich Booted 9 goals and was accurate only missing once. He also touched the footy 15 times.

36037.jpg

Pavlich Celebrates one of his 9 goals at Subiaco Oval during tonights Western Derby against the West Coast Eagles

Men of the Match Fremantle-Roger Hayden

Hayden was terrific down back picking up 28 touches which included 12 kicks and 16 hand passes. He was composed at all times when clearing from defense.

36072.jpg

Hayden kicks away during tonights game.

Men of the Match West Coast- Andrew Embley

Embley was terrific all night booting 3 goals and picking up 28 disposals which included 22 kicks and 6 hand passes. He was skillful all night leading from the front for the Eagles.

2255.jpg

Embley Gathers in the final quarter of tonights match.

Men of the Match West Coast- Daniel Kerr

Kerr played great football all night getting 29 touches, including 16 kicks and 13 hand passes. He also kicked 1 goal 3 behinds

4591.jpg

Kerr Shrugs off Ryan Crowley during tonights match.

Match Wrap Up:

lineup3.jpg

team3.jpg

score3.jpg

WEST COAST BY 28 POINTS AGAINST FREMANTLE IN THE LOCAL DERBY

Freo need more goal kickers, ya can't rely on Pav every week, Tarrant needs to stand up and kick 4-5 goals a game if u are any chance of winning.

Lol thats what i thought. I shuffle around a few goal sneaks in there but apparently murphy hasnt been performing in the reserves. So i dont have any realy forward power besides pav, taz usually kicks behinds, and i pav has a bad kicking day i probably would get crushed. I reckon i need more crumbers i remember watching that game but i always lost the crumbs. anyway i wont be able to update till next weekend at least.

AFL_logo.jpg

250px-2006_AFL_Melbourne.jpg
thumb.jpg

Melbourne Demons V Fremantle Dockers

Round 4 Melbourne Cricket Ground-Melbourne- Sunday

Weather-Overcast, Windy, Cool

Good morning everyone, and welcome to this clash between the Melbourne Demons and the Fremantle Dockers. It is Sunday Morning football, and bounce down will begin at 11 O'Clock here in a cloudy cool Melbourne Morning. It's 5 to so lets get down to the middle for the toss.

Umpire- Matthew your call

Matthew Pavlich- Heads mate

Umpire- It is a tail, which way David

David Neitz- With the breeze

So Melbourne captain David Neitz has won the toss and is kicking with the breeze which is towards the city. Lets get ready for the bounce.

1/4 Time- Quick Dockers lead at first change

The Fremantle Dockers have taken the early advantage against the breeze kicking 3 goals 5 behinds 23 to the Melbourne Demons with just the 1 goal 1 behind and with the score of 7. So the Dee's poor with the breeze, and we will see if the Dockers can make them pay very soon.

2/4 Time- Melbourne Strike Back

The Melbourne Mid Field has hit back strongly against Fremantle. Melbourne still trailing however, 4 goals 6 behinds 30 to Fremantle 5 goals 8 behinds 38.

3/4 Time- Melbourne take control with fresh legs

The Demons look very likely to run out with this game, they dominated in every way, expect their kicking. Melbourne 9 goals 13 behinds 67 to Fremantle 7 goals 10 behinds 52.

4/4 Time- Fremantle Fight hard for gutsy 8 point win

The Dockers have recored their second win for season 2008 with a dominate performance with the breeze in the final quarter. The Score:

Melbourne Demons-10-16-76
Fremantle Dockers 12-12-84

Men of the Match-Melbourne Demons:Cameron Bruce

Bruce was absolutely brilliant picking up 32 touches and kicking 1 goal. He fought hard all day and was a big stand out for the Dee's.

9057.jpg

Bruce gathers one of his many 32 touches in the third term today

Men of the Match-Melbourne: Brent Moloney

Moloney was another shining light for Melbourne getting 23 touches and booting 2 goals as he lead the forward thrusts all day for the Demons.

39673.jpg

Moloney charges through the field during todays match

Men of the Match-Fremantle:Heath Black

Black played his best game of the season disposing of the ball 28 times and picking up 5 marks. His run off half back was relentless all day.

11410.jpg

Black prepares to kick in the final term of todays game

Men of the Match-Fremantle:Matthew Pavlich

Pavlich's ripper form continued with 6 goals, 25 possessions and 5 marks. He dominated up forward taking a total of 11 shots at goal.

122156.jpg

Pavlich marks before goaling from outside the 50 meter ark in the first term of todays match

Match Wrap Up:

lineup4.jpg

freo4.jpg

otherresults4.jpg

Fremantle by 8 points at the MCG.

Again, need someone else except Pav to kick your goals. Good 2 point win for the Crows against the Swans :D

Users who are viewing this thread