Afridi banned for 4 ODIs!

Adarsh said:
That is very harsh, in my opinion. He didn't even make contact with the spectator.
so if you aim a gun at someone and shoot but miss you cant get arrested? i saw this live when i was watching and he deserves it. i dont think he has the correct mentality to play at international level. he not right in the head...:rolleyes: .

puddleduck said:
You can debate with just about all of us though :rolleyes:
Oh i just cant debate with u guys.You(news team members) guys are more intelligent than us.

gaurav_indian said:
Oh i just cant debate with u guys.You(news team members) guys are more intelligent than us.

Able to use more fancy words? Probably. More intelligent? Almost certainly not. Point of a forum is for debate, if someone like Zorax doesn't want people with differing point of views replying to his posts, I would suggest he starts a blog.

What is it with Afridi, even a thread about him getting banned seems to split opinion straight down the middle? He just seems to have a knack for dividing people :p

I thought Afridi got off lightly for the dancing on the pitch moment. Perhaps it equals itself out.

Also - without wanting to run the risk of opening another can of worms - I don't think any Pakistan fans have the right to complain about the decision seeing as how Asif and Akhtar got off scott free. For now at least.

evertonfan said:
Also - without wanting to run the risk of opening another can of worms - I don't think any Pakistan fans have the right to complain about the decision seeing as how Asif and Akhtar got off scott free. For now at least.
Ah--so now we are distributing punishments within teams? :p

evertonfan said:
I didn't argue with anything you said, until that comment. This is a totally separate incident. Just because they had one decision go their way doesn't mean they can't argue on a separate incident. Also, no Pakistani has commented on this issue yet, so I don't know where you got that from.

Back on topic, I do feel it was harsh, because:
1) Even if he had hit the guy, the spectator wouldn't have got injured. It was arguably a gentle poke. But yes, it does show acgressive intent, I suppose.
2) He didn't touch the guy.

I know football and cricket are seperate incidents, but if Beckham in the 1998 WC missed the Argentian with his kick, he wouldn't have got sent off would he?

so your saying that a professional who kids look up to is allowed to swing a bat at someone just for something being said? hes a pro hes supposed to deal with things like that. he's just not responsible and a cheating liability as he has proved many times before.

I'm aware that no Pakistani has commented on the issue yet. I fail to see where my post mentions that they had.

My point was that fans of Pakistan can't say things like 'but Afridi doesn't deserve this ban' when they have two members of their squad who are incredibly lucky to be still playing.

Adarsh said:
I know football and cricket are seperate incidents, but if Beckham in the 1998 WC missed the Argentian with his kick, he wouldn't have got sent off would he?

Eric Cantona kicked a fan back in 1995, banned for nine months.

Last edited:
i think its time to stop dancing around this the fact is afridi is a bad sportsman and a blatent cheat.

So you're comparing the aggressive nature of Eric Cantona's behaviour with Afridi's poke? The former jumped into the crowd and hit the guy hard with a kung fu style kick! You may relate that to Inzamam's actions a few years earlier, but this is in a different league.

I never dance around it. He's a bad example for a cricketer both in terms of cricket and off-field antics.

But back on topic; Cantona would still have got a hefty fine and/or ban had he missed the fan because he clearly went for him.

Users who are viewing this thread