AI Extreme patch released

satish , where in nungambakkam ??

coz my grandparents stay in noorveeraswami street near "perumal kovil"
and my chittappa stays in a apt called "Timber leaves" or something in
nungambkkm :)

lol...gud one 'cowburn' :) he shud b getting bak ta work to get his new patches coming up..hehe..

Hey Satish, The patch is awsome and their are no major problems I have with it but these are a few tiny ones that I am hoping you might be able to adress for Version 4.

1) The outfeild is just a tiny bit slow. There need to be a few more boundary's.

2) I think someone has mentioned this to you before but when a spinners bowls his slips do nothing. I have never had an edge from a spinner. It would be great to improve on that.

3) I have noticed that there are very few keeper edges in the top order and heaps at the tail, It would make it even more realistic if you could have the keeper in on the action a little earlier in the innings :)

Apart from that everything is perfect, I know you struggled to get the perfect amount of edges in a patch but now you have done it so please leave the edge values the same for your next patch. Keep up the good work :clap

ajayganesh said:
lol...gud one 'cowburn' :) he shud b getting bak ta work to get his new patches coming up..hehe..
:laugh..Satish have you got any idea when the next patch will be? Have you started it yet?
By the way im not forcing you :)

oh yes...:) slips shud play more imp role during the spin bowling part...and hey ...i forgot to tell this, in a green pitch, wen u are bowling a 'normal' straight delivery, it sumtimes pitches right at its seam and huge movement in/out , wich is superbbb in ur patch...but, the keeper leaves the ball...hehe..so, always ends up wid 4 byes..so, dat also is stupid...its been in evry patch, i forgot to tell it out...so, satish , c if u can make the keeper catch those seaming deliveries also...just try it, bowl a just short of gud-length straight ball, and it suddnly mite seam either way and keeper anticipates for th straighter one only and the ball goes right way for byes...n yes, as 'cricket_60' says dat edges rarely goin to keepers in medium pacers...u can do sumthng on dat too..VAKAAO!!

ajayganesh said:
i forgot to tell this, in a green pitch, wen u are bowling a 'normal' straight delivery, it sumtimes pitches right at its seam and huge movement in/out , wich is superbbb in ur patch...but, the keeper leaves the ball...hehe..so, always ends up wid 4 byes

Yeah I have noticed that as well. I'm not sure that satish could stop that though.

yaaaa..hehee...i know he mite not b able to do it, but...hehe...can give it a try..hehe..and heyyy...satish,to make the gameplay more better...wen u bring in a short mid wicket or a silly point for a fast bowler in order to attack the batsman in early stages, pitching those short pitched bodyline balls, i wud luv dat it cud b realistic and a catch in those positions...it is sooo rare, in this game, the batsman ust ducks or gets himself injured...so, can u change that and make it realisitic? satish bhaai i think am bringing a lot pro-cric in this ...hehe..but,if u can make it happen, i'll get u a pizza from nungambakkam pizza hut..hehe...hey,i shud tell u edges of urs are awesome...am enjoying the test match arena....

Cricket_60 said:
Hey Satish, The patch is awsome and their are no major problems I have with it but these are a few tiny ones that I am hoping you might be able to adress for Version 4.

1) The outfeild is just a tiny bit slow. There need to be a few more boundary's.

2) I think someone has mentioned this to you before but when a spinners bowls his slips do nothing. I have never had an edge from a spinner. It would be great to improve on that.

3) I have noticed that there are very few keeper edges in the top order and heaps at the tail, It would make it even more realistic if you could have the keeper in on the action a little earlier in the innings
Apart from that everything is perfect, I know you struggled to get the perfect amount of edges in a patch but now you have done it so please leave the edge values the same for your next patch. Keep up the good work

very true mate..i really wanted this patch to be appreciated for the right amount of edges...glad that u guys find it right..the issue with outfields & top order batsmen being less prone to edges is sumthing that can be modified easily..no probs,it will happen in the next version...

ajayganesh said:
oh yes... slips shud play more imp role during the spin bowling part...and hey ...i forgot to tell this, in a green pitch, wen u are bowling a 'normal' straight delivery, it sumtimes pitches right at its seam and huge movement in/out , wich is superbbb in ur patch...but, the keeper leaves the ball...hehe..so, always ends up wid 4 byes..so, dat also is stupid...its been in evry patch, i forgot to tell it out...so, satish , c if u can make the keeper catch those seaming deliveries also...just try it, bowl a just short of gud-length straight ball, and it suddnly mite seam either way and keeper anticipates for th straighter one only and the ball goes right way for byes...n yes, as 'cricket_60' says dat edges rarely goin to keepers in medium pacers...u can do sumthng on dat too..VAKAAO!!

great observations from a pro-cricketer again...i have noticed the excellent swing and the keeper's susbsequent lapse myself,,but,alas, as cricket60 mentioned,its sumthing that cannot be tweaked...and yes,edges can be steam lined so that med pacers and spinners get the same amount of edges as the pacers....thats for the next patch again..

Cowburn199 said:
..Satish have you got any idea when the next patch will be? Have you started it yet?

By the way im not forcing you

of course not cowburn...great to know that u are looking forward to testing my patches...i'll be making a couple of customised patches for 2 members in the forum over the weekend..i'll send it over to ur mail mate..

thanks for the support guys....keep them coming...

gud gud...and hey,one more thing..hehe..u have the special deliveries like the reverse swinging yorker and the slower delivery, they both are not at all effective da...like, the slower ball does get the batsman sumtimes early into its shot, but, instead of the ball going in the air ,it goes down the ground....so,its like ...makes no difference having a special delivery like dat, secondly-the reverse swinging yorker too...rarely am i finding batsman geting out in dat...can u make those deliveries more effective? so dat it can really b called as a special deliveries...even the bouncer,wich is'nt dat effective...try if u can to make it in such a way that slow ball wen bowled, if batsman plays it early, make it go in the air...and same wid the reverse swing yorker...make it effective dat wickets can b taken from those special deliveries...and also, we all talking bout the fielders...wat bout our very own bowler...hehee...he bowls and he remains a spectator..wen the batsman hits it strait to him...can u make him field and anticipatethe straight shots played by the batsman? like the slower ball can bring in a caught and bowled by the bowler...wich is soooo rare also...

great observations again buddy..special deliveries are sumthing that i cud tweak ,not too sure about the bowler fielding of his own bowling...i'll surely work on both these issues..
keep them coming...

ajayganesh said:
like the slower ball can bring in a caught and bowled by the bowler...wich is soooo rare also...

You are right about it being rare, I got my first C a B a few days ago with this patch when Tendulkar misstimed a drive and it went straight to Mcgrath. That has never happened before.

Users who are viewing this thread