AI Extreme patch released

hey ppl......its been exactly 3 weeks since i started this thread....

and here are the stats as they stand....

total number of views ---- 5153

total number of replies ---- 209 (of which 86 are my own posts,123 of others)

total number of downloads of v1.0,v1.1,v2.0 & v3.0------1750..

thanks for the overwhelming support guys,,,keep them coming...

:cheers

That's great to hear ;) :)

Have you got any idea when you will be releasing Version 4.0 yet?

Cricket_60 said:
That's great to hear ;) :)

Have you got any idea when you will be releasing Version 4.0 yet?
havent started v4.0 yet mate..i am just waiting for a complete list of minuses in this patch,so that i cud work on them..also i have to make a couple of customised patches for some members..once i am done with both, work for v4.0 wud begin :)..

it wud be great if u guys post all the possbl improvements that u need (sumthing thats already being done to an extent) so tht i have enough material to begin v4.0 with...

thank u personally for the support mate..keep them coming...

Well just one thing, I said earlier that I didn't think there were enough keeper edges for the top order well now after saying that in the 3 games that I have played I have had about 6 edges go to to the keeper. I don't think it is really important to alter it. Also just now I got Smith (SA) out from and edge to Gilchrist of the bowling of Warne, That has never happened so thanks again for the patch Satish :)

Cricket_60 said:
Well just one thing, I said earlier that I didn't think there were enough keeper edges for the top order well now after saying that in the 3 games that I have played I have had about 6 edges go to to the keeper. I don't think it is really important to alter it. Also just now I got Smith (SA) out from and edge to Gilchrist of the bowling of Warne, That has never happened so thanks again for the patch Satish :)
awesome mate!!! i guess i gotta play the game a little more...i wanna see these things myself..shud be cool getting a top order batsman edging out to a spinner...

I did n't know i will have so many questions :cool: .I just woke up.It was a normal and hard pitch guys.I was able to pick up atleast 3 wickets most of the times.I don't know it might be more in green pitches or less.We need a chance to get wickets but i felt we can now pick up the top order of cpu very easily and i think it is happening with only that particular delivery especially in first 15 overs becuase as we all know cpu just blocks in first 15 overs and usually their confidence is low.By the way they are now trying atleast to hit one decent shot in every over on average in first 15 overs.Thats a vast improvement with this patch.But when they try to hit that shot for this one particular ball sooner or alter you will snatch them.We have to keep bowling there jsut staright or swinging outside,swinging in all combos and eventually you will take out 3-4 top order batsman and any how the last 4 are just dummies.So always 2-3 middle order batsman are only posting decent scores.I mean to say we have decent edges with other shots also like defending a fierce short pitch ball may take edge and batsman get caught or hooking or leg glance but all of them won't go as catches which is excellent.But this one particular shot is beacoming really tough to handle for cpu in first 15 overs and it is resulting in catches more times.If only this frequency of catches and some intelligence for lower order is created this will be the best patch(i will not look at anything else except if you come up with an even better patch.)I am completely satisfied with this patch except these two minor issues.The best patch you created.Now if we are going to have any new megapatch yours should be the A.I patch.

Hi Satish
Real nice work. Tested your patch on Australian Domestic competition, Pura cup. Tasmania (me) vs S Australia on a normal track with overcast conditions. SA wont the toss and bowled. Lost two wickets quickly, 12/2 both to gillespie. One was an edge playing a stroke other was a defensive push not in line with the ball!! Third wicket partnership got to 30 before LBW playing on drive to an inswinger. Beautiful!!Then Ponting and Bevan and later DeVenito played well to get to 343. In return bowling was fun and tough. The only problem on normal pitches after the first few overs the edges dont carry to the slips or the keeper. ANywas Lehman played a belter 131 n.o and score was 351 SA. 2nd innings nobody except Punter and lower order Marsh made anything useful, finishe with 235. Last innings tight bowling, wickets falling strokes being played and finally won by 70 runs.

Great Patch cpl of things to be noted

Last day, spinners got no assistance on a normal track
I wish there was some distinction between the swing between new and old ball. Maybe the new ball should really swing and the old ball wing reduces. Same after the new ball is taken after the 80 overs. Would be real nice if the ball really swings!!

What about reverse swing? Maybe some bowlers can bowl that and as somebody mentioned, its nice to have special balls like yorker, but never have I actualy taken a wicket!!! That would be nice..

Thats it
DOing great work, take this as constructive criticism

hey taking a leaf outa bkannan's review, u can do one thing satish, let the sub-continent pitches have their pitches getting slower and lower during 4th n 5th day...can u tweak that? it wud b fantastic...superr real life patch..hehe...try if u can make it happen...and those patches wich appear on d pitch and wen the spinner or a fast bowler pitches spot on those patches, see if u can let weird things happening..like ball shooting from nowhere,or ball keeping low suddenly...hehe..

subhash_i said:
We need a chance to get wickets but i felt we can now pick up the top order of cpu very easily and i think it is happening with only that particular delivery especially in first 15 overs becuase as we all know cpu just blocks in first 15 overs and usually their confidence is low.By the way they are now trying atleast to hit one decent shot in every over on average in first 15 overs.Thats a vast improvement with this patch.But when they try to hit that shot for this one particular ball sooner or alter you will snatch them.
good point here subash..it is true that if u stick to a particular line outside off stump to the CPU batsman u can snatch them easily while their confidence is low,but thats how real test matches are,are'nt they..if a bowler sticks to a swinging outside offstump line,he can scalp wickets...
but of course,since its easier to stick to such a line in c2k5,i guess i gotta reduce the edges for that particular shot,(usually coverdrive)...i'll fix it and send u that patch,since other memebers dont have that problem yet..
keep them coming mate :)..

bkannan said:
Last day, spinners got no assistance on a normal track
I wish there was some distinction between the swing between new and old ball. Maybe the new ball should really swing and the old ball wing reduces. Same after the new ball is taken after the 80 overs. Would be real nice if the ball really swings!!

What about reverse swing? Maybe some bowlers can bowl that and as somebody mentioned, its nice to have special balls like yorker, but never have I actualy taken a wicket!!! That would be nice..

Thats it
DOing great work, take this as constructive criticism
thanks kannan..was waiting for ur review...as i said earlier i am planning to change the entire swing & seam physics (i.e try my own values) so that we get the desired effect frm those special deliveries..i hope that those changes wud also make these deliveries more lethal when the pitch wears down...EA has tried to give the pitch a worn down look as days progress,but it really doesnt have much effect unless we actually change the ball physics well..i'll give it a shot and let u know..
keep them coming mate..

:cheers

hey cricket60...guess wat..i got a caught and bowled as well...:happy..
it was a badly needed wicket & i was ecstatic esp since it was a c & b..

and another one again later in the innings :cool:...

Attachments

• C & B.jpg
    C & B.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 77
  • C & B.jpg
    C & B.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
thanks mate :cool:..khan's c & b was a slower delivery off which ponting played a badly timed straight drive (played early)...
kumble's c & b was a flipper that lobbed off lee's bat when he tried to defend it...
pretty realistic,both of 'em...

EXTREME Ai v4.0

okay ppl...work on new patch to be started from tomorrow..ur requests and suggestions pls...

Requests again :)

1) Faster outfeild

2) More Edges for spinners

3) Leave the edge values as they are in this patch for the pace bowlers, It is the perfect amount!

4) Special delivery changes (I think ajayganesh mentioned this)

Can't wait for it Satish :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread