Andy Moles quits as New Zealand coach

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket: Vice-captain loses role - Sport - NZ Herald News

There is a suggestion convenor of selectors Glenn Turner was uncomfortable with the power wielded by captain Vettori and McCullum, as witnessed by last week's evisceration of coach Andy Moles. Some sources suggest it was felt McCullum dominated the dressing room too much.

However, a well-placed source said McCullum was effectively sidelined from the decision-making process on the tour to Sri Lanka in August, and his role in Moles' downfall was overstated.

Love it, anyone that tries to get out of playing for New Zealand shouldn't have any power at all.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Didn't McCullum say he signed his NZC contract because he had ambitions to be a future Blackcap captain? That's going to be a bit harder for him. I'd be interested with who they pick for VC down the track. Jamie How was one name that came to mind because he captained NZ in the tour matches in England when Vettori and co. were playing in the IPL. But of course, he's not even in the team nowadays.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ross Taylor's name has been thrown out there as a future captain, hopefully he doesn't take on any of those roles for a good two/three years though.

Ari

International Cricketer
Yea Taylor will probably get it, hes the only one who plays all 3 formats and has been around awhile.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Ross Taylor's name has been thrown out there as a future captain, hopefully he doesn't take on any of those roles for a good two/three years though.

Agreed. Let him focus on his batting and then see where he's at. I'm quite certain that any major leadership role will affect his performance.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed. Let him focus on his batting and then see where he's at. I'm quite certain that any major leadership role will affect his performance.

Well from what I've read today, we might not be having a VC for awhile (not a named one anyway). Probably the best thing at the moment tbh, with how young this New Zealand team is and all.

Ari

International Cricketer
Rixon would be decent he did pull us out of the hole we were in back then. But do we really want to go back to someone who has already had a go at it?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Rixon would be decent he did pull us out of the hole we were in back then. But do we really want to go back to someone who has already had a go at it?

I don't really see a problem with it tbh, it's not like he's coached this New Zealand team (it will only be Vettori right?). For the most part none of our team would have had much to do with him.

Why did he leave/stop coaching NZ? Did he leave on good terms.

Ari

International Cricketer
Can't remember why he left but while he was around he hardly set the world on fire he was decent that was about it.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Can't remember why he left but while he was around he hardly set the world on fire he was decent that was about it.

We did win that test series with him in charge against England though didn't we?

I just think that his type of coaching might work well with this current lot.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I want a real hard nut to take over. Sick of these soft ████ coaches. Rip into them, especially players like McCullum, who have obviously got talent, but continue to screw up.

nz0003 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I really hope Rixon gets it, perfect IMO.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Vettori reckons Fleming would be best for the job. I'd be happy with Flem I guess, especially if Danny is keen on him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Vettori reckons Fleming would be best for the job. I'd be happy with Flem I guess, especially if Danny is keen on him.

Way to soon in my opinion. Is Fleming going to go in there and get fired up if guy's like Oram, McCullum and Taylor don't perform?

Users who are viewing this thread