Andy Moles quits as New Zealand coach

Domestic cricket, where he belongs. Wouldn't suprise me if he loses his spot with Welllington either tbh.

Wasn't a fan of Bracewell and didn't know too much about Moles. Was kinda hoping John Wright would come and fix us.

Yea Nevin had his chances played a few good games but was never really up to it. When India toured just before the 2003 world cup both Nevin and McCullum got games McCullum did better and was picked for the world cup and that was it for Nevin.

The cricket side is fast becoming like their rugby side which chops and changes coaches pretty frequently. Is Vettori going to coach the team for the up and coming series?

Already a similar thread to this might want to merge them. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/black-caps-players-want-moles-gone-60296.html

To be honest it won't change a lot.

It was never Moles fault it was some of our players being drama queens its happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. Guessing it was most likely McCullum and Oram trying to blame someone else for their poor performances recently.

Anyway we will probably get someone more qualified now but I doubt it will help much.

That was quick. 2 days since news broke that some players were unhappy and now he is gone. Just heard on the radio that NZC has set up a press conference at 2pm NZ time. So might get more details then.

He had to go really. No other choice now that it was in the public.

Vettori I guess is Captain, Coach, Batsman, Bowler. Maybe he should keep wicket as well.

He probably wants a bit more time off before taking up coaching sides. He's in hot demand.

John Wright should have got the job in the first place. It's a shame he wasn't interested. I wonder if he is now?

He probably wants a bit more time off before taking up coaching sides. He's in hot demand.

John Wright should have got the job in the first place. It's a shame he wasn't interested. I wonder if he is now?

Doubt it, it would be nice if he was though. Regarding Fleming, I hope we don't hire him, not for 4-5 years anyway, pretty much until Vettori retires at least.

I just hope we find the right guy this time, hopefully NZC doesn't rush into signing someone that isn't up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread