Any Improvements?

Its already been said that having it read only would only cause problems as those who can't post in the Issues forum taking the discussion to other areas of the site.

This is one thing that I have always wondered, to people actually go back and read the pages before in the thread, before they actually make a post? I always try and do it where possible to actually know what has been going on and to see if someone has posted the idea a few pages before more. Obviously I don't go the whole way back through the thread if it is a massive one, but if it's only been a few pages I always try and read back and contextualize myself.

I have seen a lot of people not to do it and it just seems a bit ignorant, especially in Yudi's case, where unless he actually knew the idea before and was backing it up, seems quite stupid.

lol he emailed me and said that he was banned for life for breaking one of the new rules.

Apparently he made a "useless" post in the Australia vs Sri lanka 2020 thread, and said he was banned because of it.

methinks there is more to the story

He is banned for 7 days.

We won't get access to it normally. We have to request for it. If it is approved, then you can visit the Issues forum. I posted a request, but I don't know what happened to it?

They say that the posting quality matters at the time of the request approval.

And how do we request for it? I dont really post as much, but just generally roam around the forums.

Hey lads,

New posts section is very handy, but I was wondering if it's possible/worthwhile to have a "replies to threads you've posted in" section or something along those lines. Or is there already a way to do this?

Cheers.

Yeah I'd like something like that. Cricket Web has the auto-subscription bit when you post in a thread which is handy

Well there is the thread subscription option. Go to here, scroll to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the 'no email' option (unless you want emails, which I doubt work well anyway) and that will make all new threads you create and threads you reply in from then on appear in your User CP page when there's a new reply.

Personally I use it for threads I read in forums I don't, manually adding the subscription.

Perhaps it isn't the simplest way, but it works.

id still like to be able to limit my "new posts" search to specific forums. I hate marking dozens of different sub forums read

id still like to be able to limit my "new posts" search to specific forums. I hate marking dozens of different sub forums read
What I do is that I mark them as read (click on the bat icon next to them) and then do the search for new posts. :)

Good news, everyone!

You should now be able to do this, visit the edit options page and scroll down to the bottom until you get to an obviously named section where you'll see a list of the forums on the site, all you need to do is select the ones you don't want to show up in get new posts.

You may not see the option yet, there's some weird stuff going on with caching on the site, which meant I had to open up IE to actually see it, but it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread