Any Improvements?

Having a quick read I would guess it was saying he hoped that poem guy kid gets hit by a bus (or whatever the worst version was pre edit lol)

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Also any chance we can get a "like" button like on facebook?

no more facebook-ising of PC please...

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

The pre-edit version was, I think, was hurry up and go get killed by a bus.

Meh, doesn't seem like a perma-banabble offence.

I think it was his continued persistence and constant harrassment of him. It'd only be for a week so he'll be back in the not too distant future

but this a forum, not a social networking site, isn't it?

but this a forum, not a social networking site, isn't it?

Yea that's my point. If I want to do that sort of stuff I go to Facebook. If you appreciate a post, rep it. No need to 'like' it

Does planetcricket supports tapatalk? It would be nice if it does.

So...

But you can have a try for a month or two one example is This forum once the post counts were cut off the no of spamming were low compared to when it was on
Again, I don't see a significant issue with post quality in the General Chat section. With the exception of the 'guess the ...' threads, some of the best discussion on the forum occurs in there and with the decreased status of post count I see even less need to remove post count from any further forums.

For the guess threads, I can tolerate a cricket player one, less so the copycat football one.

In the Other Game Stories, Strategies & Online Leagues, it'd be sweet if you could add a 'FM11' prefix.
Will do this ASAP.

May I have some answers -
1. just posting 1 simile in single post not considered a spam?
2. and why there are post boosting threads like "Identify the footballer or Cricketer"?
3. Isn't there any limit of characters up to a certain digit to avoid spam?

I em comparing it with other forum rules.
It depends on circumstance, occasionally a one word or one smiley post says all a detailed post ever could. I don't see the need to put in arbitrary points as to what creates spam.

As with anything, if you believe a particular post breaches rules, you can use the report button and a moderator will make a judgement, I prefer common sense over a character limit.

[/COLOR]Also any chance we can get a "like" button like on facebook?
Thanks button covers most, if not all, usage for a 'like' button. Worth considering expanding the thanks button to all forums.

Does planetcricket supports tapatalk? It would be nice if it does.
No. I'm not comfortable with its security. An improved mobile style is in the work however, and some time ages down the track vBulletin is working on native apps, which I'd be more than happy to use if possible.

Yeah, the good (bad) old Tom.

Need little bursts of activity to ensure I ain't forgotten :p

Thanks button covers most, if not all, usage for a 'like' button. Worth considering expanding the thanks button to all forums.

Meh, same thing basically but yeah just cause I saw a post by Ben calling Mclovin a twat and I felt it would have been appropriate for that :thumbs

You should now be able to do this, visit the edit options page and scroll down to the bottom until you get to an obviously named section where you'll see a list of the forums on the site, all you need to do is select the ones you don't want to show up in get new posts.

I can't find this?

The VM issue regarding the time delay between successive VMs is yet to be solved. We cricket league members find it really time consuming (irritating as well :p) to send the same message to 10 different members after a patient 20 second wait

i do not get this point . Its still torturing me (VM thing)
Unfortunately the VM limit has to be the same as for posts, which I don't intend to lower.

The problem is yet to be solved because I have no way of solving it right now. It is something I remain aware of - but I cannot suggest a timeframe.

Users who are viewing this thread