Any Improvements?

Can we get a :gamepad: style smilie with "Read the Thread" written in the sign? That's becoming quite a problem in a few threads in the DB14 section; with people asking questions that have already been asked a few pages before...

It's a difficult balance because ultimately we can't expect people to read a 100 page thread before posting.
What we do need to do is make sure the FAQ thread is up to date and we can post a "Read the FAQ!" one.

It's also possible that new members get jumped on by so many people for posting a question that it puts them off posting again. I'd love it if people did read the threads before posting but I don't think anyone anywhere has found a good solution to this one.

That seems reasonable enough! I'm not talking about people who ask questions that were asked only on page 31 of a 100+ page thread; but people whose questions are answered on the page that they are on; or even the OP! On that note; it might be worth looking the controllers thread in the DB14 forum and putting the important information in the first post?

Have there been any changes to how cache is handled, recently?
I've been facing this peculiar problem of the site serving me up cached pages, eg, User CP from an earlier time.

I've been facing this on my PC and iPad, both with Google Chrome.

Looks more likely to be a browser issue at my end, but worth a check, because I'm facing it on 2 devices.

Are you able to test it on the same devices but with a different internet connection to rule out some ISP over-caching?

There's no recent changes I can think of.

Are you able to test it on the same devices but with a different internet connection to rule out some ISP over-caching?

I'll try it when I get back home tonight.

There's no recent changes I can think of.

If that's the case, then I'll have a look at my settings again.
Since you've not done anything, and no one else is facing the same problem, I suppose I've to diagnose it between router/ISP or computer/browser.

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to know :thumbs

MattW,why dont you give space for the members to blog about cricket?That would add a big boost to this mega forum.

We used to have blogs but I think so few people actually wrote one there was no point in keeping them.

Is it possible to keep the DB14 forum on topic? In literally all the main threads there is some off topic personal joke between biggs/mods and god knows who else

Furthermore on that; can we ban discussion of the price of the game in India based on the Aus$ price; or at least put it in its own thread so the rest of us can ignore it? Its really boring to read the General Discussion Thread to see it full of people moaning about the "indian price" and ignoring people saying that it'll be similar to other major titles!

Is it possible to keep the DB14 forum on topic? In literally all the main threads there is some off topic personal joke between biggs/mods and god knows who else

Just to clarify; This thread is titled "improvements".

Personality and fun sucks if you're not part of it, maybe join in rather than whine about not being included?

My jokes are always exclusive... to those with a sense of humor. ;)

My jokes are always exclusive... to those with a sense of humor. ;)

*humour.

I sort of agree with Punk Sk8r. If you are just browsing the DBC14 forum for info about the game, the japes between Biggs and the others can be slightly annoying. Though I certainly don't think Biggs should be stopped. He brings some colour to the forum, something that was missing for a long time in the barren years when there were no cricket games, and when he went away last month the place pretty much died. Maybe Biggs should have his own thread?

Users who are viewing this thread