Any Improvements?

No, I don't need my own thread. Folks just need to lighten up... we're just shootin' the poop and when there's focused discussion about something it's kept on topic. Most threads have exhausted their use in the DBC14 forum long before the repetitive joke stuff goes down... and that stuff is genuinely hilarious.

There's the odd in-jokey thing, but most people can catch up on that stuff with a quick search anyways. Agree Dutch and I have a few back-and-forths but as you've pointed out, it lightens the mood.

Agree with Biggs there isnt anything wrong with humour, if there was no humour all those threads would be some n00b asking the release date and Mattw giving them the picture

We're not saying there's anything wrong with humour. We're saying that too many in-jokes and running gags can:
a) make it hard to find the information you want
b) make the site feel cliquey and unwelcoming to new (or existing) members

We just want a balance.

Well any issues, people are more than welcome to PM me or use the report function (ideally). Pretty sure it's all harmless stuff that the majority enjoy... If I'm wrong, let me know. I'll find another outlet.

Well any issues, people are more than welcome to PM me or use the report function (ideally). Pretty sure it's all harmless stuff that the majority enjoy... If I'm wrong, let me know. I'll find another outlet.

I am a big fan of your humour.You keep the thread alive.Keep it up Biggs. :thumbs

Just to clarify; This thread is titled "improvements".

Personality and fun sucks if you're not part of it, maybe join in rather than whine about not being included?

No, I don't need my own thread. Folks just need to lighten up... we're just shootin' the poop and when there's focused discussion about something it's kept on topic. Most threads have exhausted their use in the DBC14 forum long before the repetitive joke stuff goes down... and that stuff is genuinely hilarious.

There's the odd in-jokey thing, but most people can catch up on that stuff with a quick search anyways. Agree Dutch and I have a few back-and-forths but as you've pointed out, it lightens the mood.

I have a great sense of humour if you must know but I don't visit these forums or indulge in them as much as I used to anymore so when I do visit I just want to find out information about the game or the on-going discussion in the thread, which can become very difficult to do at times when there's a page or two of random stuff (jokes) I don't have a clue about + memes.

I don't have a problem with you or anything as such as I don't know you and you're not the only one that does this, but just generally in the forum it would be a lot nicer if there was discussion/jokes relative to the game, whereas now it's discussion about the game that leads to jokes between members with close relations.

We're not saying there's anything wrong with humour. We're saying that too many in-jokes and running gags can:
a) make it hard to find the information you want
b) make the site feel cliquey and unwelcoming to new (or existing) members

We just want a balance.

yeah exactly this, having humour/colour is great but those two points sum it up well!

cheers guys :cheers

I thought it was going to be done one day.
Turns out this is now done.

Moderators won't be able to use it because the double click to lock function overrides, but normal members can now double click on the icon on the far left (this kind of thing
thread_hot.gif
) to mark a thread as read.

Some users might be facing a problem of still randomly redirecting to the maintenance page.
Doing a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) or clearing your browser cache might solve the problem.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread