Any Improvements?

Annoying mobile adds post.

Another forum I post on has spent at least six months trying to get rid of these bloody things. Apparently its because the ad market has started to decline so the agencies let things like those app store things and "UPDATE FLASH PLAYER" virus ads slip through. Its seeing things like that which make me feel good in my decision to go with Macs rather than Windows PCs...

Another forum I post on has spent at least six months trying to get rid of these bloody things. Apparently its because the ad market has started to decline so the agencies let things like those app store things and "UPDATE FLASH PLAYER" virus ads slip through. Its seeing things like that which make me feel good in my decision to go with Macs rather than Windows PCs...
They certainly are a pain, it's especially annoying as the default and fairly reasonable response to them is to just block ads - which is far worse for our ad revenue than a few clicks on those stupid ads.

Unfortunately there's not just a convenient button to tell ad agencies that.

They don't seem to affect Macs; so I've still got PC whitelisted. As soon as I start getting things that make me concerned about my computer's safety (or I start getting BUY CANDY CRUSH!!!" every page then ads are getting blocked; because that stuff concerns me about my computer...

We've not reached the point of automatically downloading mysterious .exe files yet; so we're not THAT bad. Perhaps one thing to offer if the bad ads don't go away would be to offer no ads for a small price; because then I'd feel OK that I contributed towards the forums whilst not needing to avoid awful redirection ads and dodgy windows programmes that try to auto execute (thankfully they don't run because OSX) that I'm getting on other web forums. I'm not getting those problems here; but its something that should be concerning if its happening on other places without the ad agency knowing (apparently sometimes they sublet spaces to other agencies that let awful ads through; its all one big complicated thing...).

May I know who manage ad things here? Its mysterious for me now. First wondered about a BJP's (political party) ad and now this one is in Marathi (not even in Hindi as it is official language of India).

attachment.php

Attachments

• ad.png
    ad.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 62
And one more thing, above question shouldn't have been asked in this thread as this place is for suggestions over improvements only but still I did because I seen plenty of questions been asked in here instead of a separate Q/A thread. Can we have a separate thread for question and answers?

May I know who manage ad things here? Its mysterious for me now. First wondered about a BJP's (political party) ad and now this one is in Marathi (not even in Hindi as it is official language of India).
Click the little X in the corner of the ad if it's irrelevant to you.

This is the correct thread for general site questions.

Its not irrelevant, its mysterious.
Well do you speak that language or frequently visit sites that are written in it? Google serve the majority of our ads, and they use tracking data to target ads towards your preferences, or at least their best guess.

Google adsense controls those ads.
the ads are based on google's data of your interests gathered from your usage.
So it will vary for each person.for me its a flipkart ad, for you its a political ad it varies like that depending on the user.

----------

well im late by the time i finish typing the thread goes to the next page:D

Well do you speak that language or frequently visit sites that are written in it? Google serve the majority of our ads, and they use tracking data to target ads towards your preferences, or at least their best guess.

Mine mother tongue. And thanks.

Edit: First thought admins manage ads and they know Marathi.:p

Edit: First thought admins manage ads and they know Marathi.
We can manage them if they are going wrong, but otherwise it's all computers.

It's why it's hard to judge what you were asking about with regard to that ad, because I have no idea what it says or whether it's a good or bad thing.

I usually get ads from FlipKart over here, not suprised since I keep on ordering stuff from them. Others ads includes Jabong, some online game blah blah...

I get a lot of bakery ads... Doesn't make much sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread