Any Improvements?

How does putting a button on a post that you just click "improve their quality"?
some functionalities:
It will prevent people who repeat quote.
Also i get more feedback on the posts viewed for example now i see a post having say 5 thanks , i would think the view is appreciated by every one.
but say there is also thumbs down by a few it will show me ok its not a popular opinion and help me dig to see what are others views on it.
If people have valid reasons the button wont make them lazy.
And lurking wont change people who want to give shout will give those who lurk will urk but as i have seen in disquss atleast you get some feedback from lurkers,its like a small step may be it will encourage them to post.
unecessecary clutter to the UI...
That i agree one of my first thoughts.
Dislike:D, i see what you are getting at here ..

----------

So if we get down to it my view is it will make people who are not active or give feedback, to give one.
But you guys are saying that it will make the present lot that are active to go lazy.

Guess you guys know better than me about forum activity here in that case as i havent been much active pre DBC Playsession.

If you think someone clicking "thanks" means you have a "popular opinion" you've gravely misunderstood its function. It simply means someone else agrees and has nothing more to add. It's not a popularity contest. The very fact you continue to post on this discussion point that has been shot down by the guy who runs the forum pretty much confirms your "dislike" button would be immensely and thoroughly useless.

^im just suggesting,brainstorming or discussing, there's nothing wrong in getting one's opinion shot down, got your points aswell.This thread is about improvements so just trying to add what i think could be better.
Addendum; My posts are always of the highest quality. Citation: My entire post history
yup whats the ratio 1:100:p

I think there is already a negative reps thing.
Yeah, but they aren't publicly shown and you have to write something in the box explaining why you've given them.

---

Anyway, to show we do listen to feedback, I'm currently testing some additional buttons to help you convey the correct response to a post.

i6m6626.png

You do get that he was being sarcastic, right? You get that... You do? Do you? Tell me you do...

Touch?, Matthew... Touch?...

Please don't! The buttons like 'Dislike', 'LOL', 'Shut up' are only for making someone's mind down among crowd. Its pretty much like a mental attack. My opinion is to tell the guy about how he is wrong and what he should improve instead of making use of those buttons. If someone really wants to do that then that must not be done publicly. And we already have negative rep system for that. Those mental attacks will brought plenty of open or publicly arguments in forums instead of good, positive discussions (whichever is more like a headache to handle for mods).

----------

'Yes', 'No' and 'Same team' are good though.

^Im unlikely to through a tantrum for getting a dislike as i have no basis to attack back ,rather than say getting a quote post like 'shut up you troll'
This will actually work wonders for ignoring trolls /annoying posts.
and save some headache for mods.

--------------
Im not asking for the button again just making a point across to the other poster.

I thought that button was for reporting breaking of rules by a poster, Smart Trolls dont break rules mostly they just aggravate the group and spread chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread