Any Improvements?

Does PC gets additional revenue when a member clicks the ads, or it doesn't make a difference and we only need to allow them?

They get ad-revenue yes, but I wouldn't imagine it's millions of dollars and would only off-set the cost of the hosting. Until Matt and Barmy start driving Audi's I think it's safe to assume clicking the ads you see once or twice just keeps the hosting costs down and means we can continue to enjoy this place for free.

...and at risk of coming across like a shill, you can always use the donate button if you wanted to contribute more.

Just had the mobogenie apk auto download.
Gone in and tried to track down and block as many of those as I could find. As a safety measure, people should have their android devices set to not allow the installation of non market/play store apks.

But otherwise, it's certainly not our intention to have ads like that - I hate them as much as anyone.

Can we have a dislike button or something opposite of thanks button .should really be helpful

Not in the literal meaning of dislike or to put someone down.
its good actual feedback for posters /viewers and would also encourage quality posting.
Like the ones in disquss.
Thats why im suggesting that would be cool to have.
Also most of us prefer the thanks button when in agreement with the post but have nothing further to add, so the same way it would be cool to show im not inclined towards the statement made and save me the hassle of quoting or replying which in most cases i wont.

Last edited:
I agree. Flag the whole forum structure of discussions and having to type words, capitalise and italicize stuff as well as forming coherent sentences. That stuff is hard and time consuming. Lets just have one person post something and we all click a button whether we like it or not. So much easier.

I agree. Flag the whole forum structure of discussions and having to type words, capitalise and italicize stuff as well as forming coherent sentences. That stuff is hard and time consuming. Lets just have one person post something and we all click a button whether we like it or not. So much easier.

Did i say that?

The above post is a classic example warranting a thumbs down button, and would have saved me the hassle of quoting him.

The above post is a classic example warranting a thumbs down button, and would have saved me the hassle of quoting him.
And contributed nothing.

The thanks button is because when you can't add much to a post you agree with or like, it would be pointless to post a "This." post.

If you don't agree, a blind disagree/dislike button does nothing - there's no context to it. You have to do that yourself, with words.

Just an extra option to have more feedback on our post and it will help readers as well as poster improve their quality.

If we have something to say we are going to say it button or not.
im talking in cases where there are multiple posts of the same point i cant reply to all of them individually ,of course im going to put in my point but it would easier to leave feedback to other posts of the same point that i cant reply.

Also it will encourage 'lurkers' to be more active.

----------

And contributed nothing.
i did type a reply and then realized this is the best example hence saved the explanation for the next post

Just an extra option to have more feedback on our post and it will help readers as well as poster improve their quality.

If we have something to say we are going to say it button or not.
im talking in cases where there are multiple posts of the same point i cant reply to all of them individually ,of course im going to put in my point but it would easier to leave feedback to other posts of the same point that i cant reply.

Also it will encourage 'lurkers' to be more active.
Dislike.

and it will help readers as well as poster improve their quality.

How does putting a button on a post that you just click "improve their quality"? If anything, it encourages less quality, more lurking and adds completely unecessecary clutter to the UI...

I tell you what improves "quality"... Making sensible posts and suggestions. Reading what the staff write also adds immeasurable quality. Also listening to other posters feedback goes a long way. Try one, or all three, yourself.

Addendum; My posts are always of the highest quality. Citation: My entire post history.

Users who are viewing this thread