Any Improvements?

I have one genuine question, why isn't Biggs an admin already? Is he that hard to afford?

I have one genuine question, why isn't Biggs an admin already? Is he that hard to afford?

All the admins and staffies will not be having any work to do then and they will get fat and stocky so they fear promoting Biggs , some might be jealous too.

Reminder; This thread is for Improvements to PlanetCricket...

I can't believe someone seriously cited YouTube as an example of a "dislike" function working. Thats the lowest form of internet discussion forums you can have.

This a forum, not reddit. If you disagree with someone, form a sentence.

i can't believe you're pretending to have an original view, when even the person who cited youtube acknowledged it was gutter-level, and not for the first time you utterly missed the point being made.

----------

Because it would need to be implemented, i.e. built from scratch. The amount of work and effort needed cannot be justified by an experimental period.
And before someone jumps up, No, we are not shying away from work. If there is a need for something to be done, we'll try our best to do it. We are more concerned about the activity and how certain implementations might adversely affect the same. The dislike button is one of these, which we feel will surely reduce the activity and overall quality of the forum.

which is fine, your site, your money, your rules etc. you may have a point on the quality side of things, personally i think you're wrong about activity and number of posts, however.

Why would you use an example of something that clearly doesn't work [YouTube's globally heralded lowest common denominator discussion system] as an example of anything? I don't understand, genuinely. Makes no sense. If you had said "Disquss downvoting" that I could understand, but again, this is a forum not a blog and nobody reads a forum by "top voted likes" or "most popular"... Surely even you can see that there's a certain percentage of the user-base here that would totally misuse such a feature, especially in the C07 downloads section... It would kill a ton of creativity amongst graphic-folk because kids starting out in modding would get murdered with down-votes, instead of just being passively ignored or encouraged by folks to keep improving.

EDIT:

All that aside, you want to encourage positivity as much as possible, I know you get on your rag every now and then but even you're glass half full most of the time. "Downvoting" or "Dislike" would just encourage people to be assholes more often than not... it's the internet after all.

Last edited:
Could we have icons for Cricket download threads, Graphic threads, and Cricket Leagues, just like the icons of Facebook and Twitter - would be more convenient and would help reduce the average signature size.
One issue is the sheer number of fields we'd need to add to cover them - some people have multiple leagues or graphics threads, download threads for different games, etc.

Plus, part of it is that you can use your signature to show off why someone would want to visit your thread - an image showing off your graphics talent linking to your graphics thread.

Promoting what you do on the forum is the main point of letting you have a signature, not something I'd want to hide in icons on the side.

Side note: there's an option to not show signatures here.

I've enabled the thanks system on the mobile style - I'm only able to test it on my own phone, but it seems to be working.

uZLiMEa.png

On posts that have been thanked a small [more] link will be next to 'thanks' - tap on that and you'll get a popup showing who has thanked that post. Otherwise, just press the thanks button as normal and you'll thank the post.

I'll be looking at a few other places to implement those style of popup screens in the mobile style, as I think they work a bit better than some of the tiny fields on some screens.

Thanks MattW . You rock. Im a mobile user. I tried and worked.

----------

Its really hard to view desktop version in my mobile. So now it will be easy to thank posts. And encourage everyone.

Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread