Any Improvements?

That's probably not something that is anyones problem other than you're own. 250 is plenty... Be more organized? Use the VM system? Delete some?

Last edited:
That's probably not something that is anyones problem other than you're own. 250 is plenty... Be more organized? Use the VM system? Delete some?
Because I always agree with Biggs, I've increased it to 400.

You're going on the list...

thanks matt that helps manage mails a bit better. #humblepie
I always thought the 1 GB Gmail gave me when it launched was more than enough for my lifetime (which was a huge jump from the 100 MB hotmail was offering back then). Roll forward 10 years, my mismanagement has caused me to more than 25 GB in 2 mailboxes.
Increasing space wont help, you'll need to manage better with the resources you've got.

my mum asked me to look at her laptop because "its running slow". opened up her emails, saw 30000+ emails in the deleted items box, all seemed to be chain letters or "LOL FUNNY HERES A CAT GIF". Deleted them all; and got shouted at for "deleting her IMPORTANT emails". apparently, storing key emails in the trash is a common thing...

The moral of the story is that if people are lazier with space management if they don't need to do any. Some guy i know who modded another forum got unlimited pms until he stepped down, and then was chucked back onto the 250 message limit. He hadn't deleted any PMs in 6+ years, and this is a forum with 5,000+ online users at any one time. He'll probably be deleting PMs for the rest of his life...

I've only got 2 PMs; one is some rubbish from someone about a thread in the DB14 forums a year ago; another is from Biggs about a gif I asked him to edit, and is a message that I will cherish always

...another is from Biggs about a gif I asked him to edit, and is a message that I will cherish always

I like to think all my messages to people are keepsakes. I imagine a few people have them printed out on their walls with all the "favorite bits" highlighted in their own blood.

I think Big ant Cricket should get a sub forum for "leagues" as there is a handful of them now.

Please can somebody remove the question-mark avatar for the users without an avatar ? it's fine in a when we view them in a thread but it appears in the VM and PM messages. It really annoys me. Thanks in advance. :)

Please can somebody remove the question-mark avatar for the users without an avatar ? it's fine in a when we view them in a thread but it appears in the VM and PM messages. It really annoys me. Thanks in advance. :)

What are you talking about? I only just got an avatar early this morning and before that, it was just blank...

Unless I blacklisted it because it annoyed me, I've done that with a few really annoying avatars on other forums before...

What are you talking about?

unknown.gif

----------

We can have nothing instead of this question mark avatar.

...I didn't have that, and no one else with no avatar did...

What browser you using?

Users who are viewing this thread