Any Improvements?

The vbookie threads I had marked read are still in the list despite clicking the new posts tab number of times and even after moving from one page to another. They just don't go, only the vbookie threads!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 9
@MattW and all other administrators and staffs,

There should be a ranking system for the members (excluding Administrators and maybe staff also) to increase number of quality posts.
The ranking can be based on number of thanks received. (not necessarily thanks, any criterion can be taken)
For example, you can see at this website of Times Of India (bottom right side of the webpage) :-
Times Of INdia

Last edited:
@MattW and all other administrators and staffs,

There should be a ranking system for the members (excluding Administrators and maybe staff also) to increase number of quality posts.
The ranking can be based on number of thanks received. (not necessarily thanks, any criterion can be taken)
For example, you can see at this website of Times Of India (bottom right side of the webpage) :-
Times Of INdia

Perhaps the best way to increase quality of "quality posts" is to just let people post rather than setting up some dumb system that most people would ignore?

Perhaps the best way to increase quality of "quality posts" is to just let people post rather than setting up some dumb system that most people would ignore?
I think we would know where we stand among other members in posting quality text.
Even it will change our attitude as we try to improve ourselves.

We have had a reputation system as well as a usertitle system which accounts for both quality and quantity, although I think they've discarded the reputation indicator on the profile page. The point is, though, after a long enough time no one really cares. The premise of being a 'gold poster' doesn't really entice a lot of people, at least on this forum.

We have had a reputation system as well as a usertitle system which accounts for both quality and quantity, although I think they've discarded the reputation indicator on the profile page. The point is, though, after a long enough time no one really cares. The premise of being a 'gold poster' doesn't really entice a lot of people, at least on this forum.

If that's so I will have to accept that reputation system is not effective enough.

@MattW
There should be a ranking system for the members (excluding Administrators and maybe staff also) to increase number of quality posts

@MattW I wholeheartedly agree. The best way to implement this system is to have a benchmark "quality poster" (obviously me) and work back from that number. The criterion is awesomerion.

I get allocated 100 out of a possible Cake and work your way down from there. @SnowyCasanova scores 78 out of Thor, @ethybubs 71 out of Axe wielding soul hunter, you of course get 55 out of sour lemon lollies and finally near the bottom you get @lion100lion pulling in a respectable 12 out of wet seal farts.

Makes sense?

Only curveball are folks like @barmyarmy and @ChinamanSpin who should consistently be scoring 60 out of vampire hunters but occasionally pop a big 98 out of flute playing dragons.

But no system is perfect.

Edit:

Chris Gayle.

Last edited:
As usual, the Chris Gayle comment prevented that post leading to instant perma ban :yes

@zimrahil scores 99 out of a possible unicorn.

If that's so I will have to accept that reputation system is not effective enough.
And it isn't intended to be.

I strongly doubt any person would substantially modify their posting behaviour because of an arbitrary rank, especially given the implication that it makes of the reverse - that people are somehow deliberately posting worse because they don't get stars next to their name if they post well.

We do have the usertitles that adjust based on post count - and while there's no direct indicator of relevance and quality - if you manage to post quantity to get a high up rank on those automated titles, you've managed enough quality not to get banned or mod-queued or get a large number of deleted posts in the process.

We already have users that put 'Thank this post if you like it' in their sig to try and encourage thanks, that would get considerably worse of an issue if they actually meant something.

Regardless, if you care, there's a table here that you can sort by the number of thanks received or by thanks per day. It's not going to form the basis of any indicator on posts however.

Users who are viewing this thread