Any Improvements?

We would gain fairly little out of advertising - it costs money but wouldn't necessarily create associated revenue growth. More members alone isn't a positive for the site, a larger number doesn't make a better forum.

We would gain fairly little out of advertising - it costs money but wouldn't necessarily create associated revenue growth. More members alone isn't a positive for the site, a larger number doesn't make a better forum.
I understand what you mean to say. Most people,including me,prefer quality over quantity. If a person tries too much to avoid risks and be safe he automatically becomes a failure. Please consider this sir :-
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We have done advertising in the past and came to those conclusions after trying it. We're currently growing well without paid advertising so it isn't a priority.

Actually, referrals are the best way to promote this website. I've been talking to a few friends about this site. I personally think that the cricket 07 downloads forum has been responsible for the most number of members added. I found this website while searching for some world cup and IPL patches for the game.

Actually, referrals are the best way to promote this website. I've been talking to a few friends about this site. I personally think that the cricket 07 downloads forum has been responsible for the most number of members added. I found this website while searching for some world cup and IPL patches for the game.

Interestingly, me and my brother also joined this site to download Ashes mods but later I found that this site is much better than I expected it to be.

Online dating... @ethybubs can explain further.

editing in to prevent double posting. You guys patched up for this heartbleed ssl vulnerability? I know that money isn't changing hands here; but it'd be nice to be able to post without the risk of my account being hacked to post kitchen spam, or something...

Just going to quote myself to confirm this - every other VB board that I've used has needed to patch and force password changes; so I'm guessing that here is the same. Its something that needs patched if its affected; even though no money is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread