Any Improvements?

For leagues, some sort of XP gain system will be cool for winning matches.
Can the the now almost obsolete reputation system be tweaked to work for leagues in this way, this points got must be visible on their avatar area like before.

Also a second title based on leagues wouldn't hurt, though will require some work from the staff.

Vcash is not unique enough to interest people, as you can easily get it by betting, something that can be gained only by leagues should be here as reward.

Inter league competition for and between leagues that successfully finish the season, finish of with some grand PC award,etc.

Last edited:
Also probably featuring the story of the month on the planet cricket front page like an article, that will encourage people a bit, also make it more visible in the process.
That's certainly do-able.

For leagues, some sort of XP gain system will be cool for winning matches.
This kind of thing might be more possible in the future, but not at the moment.

noticed something odd, last post is not updating for ross alone in DBC patch 2 thread
pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

I am strongly against the League of the Month thing. There is no real basis on how the league should be evaluated. One might be brilliant in one aspect while the other might be good in another aspect. Plus, LotM won't stop the incomplete leagues, will it? One thing we can and should do is encourage the new league managers to keep their leagues going and helping them out in improving their presentation, etc. I have noticed instead most new members are discouraged because they don't know the basics of posting matches, etc. When I started, I was the same but as I got good managers for the teams, I improved. Biggy helped me a lot as to how to present the matches. Then the stats entered the section. Nowadays, if the league manager doesn't keep all stats, it doesn't come in the higher league, isn't it? It should not be the case, I feel.

For the stories, I am itching to get one going but I don't know if I will be able to maintain a steady pace. Qpeedore wrote exceptionally well when the stories were dead but, no response is I think what put him off. Again, readers must come forward. I only see, 'Great story', 'Amazing update', etc. type of one liners which are pretty stupid tbh. The posts in the stories should be constructive and one should only comment if he has read the update. I agree that post count in that section must be resumed. Not for the leagues though.

noticed something odd, last post is not updating for ross alone in DBC patch 2 thread
I think it's just the forum getting confused because of the timing of the edit to the post above it.

I agree that post count in that section must be resumed. Not for the leagues though.
Post count is on in all forums for technical reasons.

Cricket Leagues - I feel there is a members league overload, and that will continue. There for threads like Champions League will not comeback for a long long time. My suggestion is to have a separate section for members based leagues so that the club leagues won't go missing under a mess, I'm also sure that some don't even visit the forum because of the lack of support from the club leagues.

Cricket Leagues - I feel there is a members league overload, and that will continue. There for threads like Champions League will not comeback for a long long time. My suggestion is to have a separate section for members based leagues so that the club leagues won't go missing under a mess, I'm also sure that some don't even visit the forum because of the lack of support from the club leagues.

What I suggest to encourage members to create nation based leagues is that we can let them have a unique usertitle like we have for PCGMC winners and various record holders say, PCCL Season x winner. That, in my opinion should encourage people create and join nation based leagues.

What I suggest to encourage members to create nation based leagues is that we can let them have a unique usertitle like we have for PCGMC winners and various record holders say, PCCL Season x winner. That, in my opinion should encourage people create and join nation based leagues.

Around a year and half ago, there was an overkill of nation leagues. Now there's an overkill of member based leagues. Hopefully that would change after the OPL starts, because once people see a nation based league, they'll tend to base their leagues upon that.

Can we upload images from pc into our 'post' ? (Presently, only web link can be given)
I mean, if we can upload into Avatars and signatures, why not into post ?

Honestly speaking, I don't think anything needs to be done about the leagues section but managers playing out their leagues more creatively. I agree that the golden age of the leagues section (lol) is a far gone era but I've learnt that leagues section has been especially self-regulatory in terms of activity. There are phases when the activity is down to a bare minimum, but it undoubtedly picks up again. Managers will and should always find new ways to run a league. The section is nowhere near its saturation. More experienced managers should also try to assist others, especially in terms of presentation and league fairness.

For those losing interest, it is bound to happen that you won't feel as dedicated to the section when you have less time in real life or more interesting stuff to do.

The standalone issue I find is the lack of well-spaced updates. This though, is entirely is in the hands of the members participating in the league including the league manager. I'm aware of the activity issues, but as I said I believe it'll pick up soon enough.

Okay, but the rest of my post still stands. I didn't mention it, but I'm against an LOTM as well.

I just happened to look at today's birthdays :-
About 20 members have birthday today and almost all of them are REGISTERED USERS.. !
But the important thing is that some of them are members from 1,2,3... years

Most of the members (more than 80%) of this forum are inactive from years. What will be done of them ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread